2015 New York Jets thread

NJDevs4978

sh!t. They left a lot of pts on the board. They played down to the competition, they made some questionable playcalling decisions, every key player we have got injured at one point or another...but still gutted it out. Oh man this game was a coronary and a half

And at 9-5 we still dont control our own destiny. Ugh

Honestly I feel like if we go 11-5 EVENTUALLY something has to break for us even though there's the possibility it won't.  I just feel like if this team can somehow win six in a row with the last two being Pats and Buffalo, that they won't do all that just to be denied in the end.

I'm still not sure this team IS running the table but hot damn they at least have shown an ability to pull a couple out of the fire at least.

I cant believe they won this game. This was Same Ol Jets with a ribbon wrapped around it. Dallas impressed me with its tenacity...but the Jets made the big play when it mattered.

Not much of a pass rush. 

Ready to let Ivory walk next year. He's been mediocre to bad too many games in a row

Bigtime props to our O-line. Did Dallas have a sack all day?

Still dont trust Bullock in any which way shape or form. If I'm the Jets GM...I'm trying out kickers this week.

Pats-Jets game will be a good one.  Pats could technically try to coast through this one and just stomp all over the lifeless Dolphins next week (one more win clinches home field throughout for them)...but that's not their way and never really has been.  They may not beat the Jets next week, but it won't be because they're in half-speed mode (the way they were against the Bills in the final game of the 2014-15 regular season).

Still wanna sing Rex's praises Beez?  He was brought in to take an improving team a step forward, and did the opposite.  I've been one to defend Rex a lot, and he definitely got screwed somewhat by the Jets...but he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore.  Either he FINALLY starts to show some signs of evolution, or he'll be a short-timer in Buffalo who likely won't get another shot in the NFL as a head coach.  I'll admit that I was always a bit fearful of him as the Jets' coach, but he's pretty much a joke to me now.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

If Rex didn't get such a long-term big money deal he might be a candidate to get Carrolled.  At the very least it's the same issues in Buffalo that derailed the end of his tenure here...worse even since he ruined a working defense.  Both him and his brother made Cousins look like Brady this year.

The Pats will play all out of course next week, but if Amendola's hurt and Edelman can't come back there's no excuse for the Jets not to like triple-team Gronk on every play.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Pats will try to wreck the Jets season next week. It's going to be a massive game with a circus type atmosphere, and it's a game where guys like Ivory(you want to get paid next year, give me 150 and 2td's) Ridley, and Kerley need to show up and Revis needs to be in total lockdown mode. I'm 50/50 on if we can win this. Fitzpatrick NEVER seems to beat Belichick.

Rex has even gotten competent play out of a no name QB and that team has STILL regressed. Now granted I don't believe any coach should get Carrolled, but if Rex doesn't have the Bills at least back at 9-7 next year, he's gone and he'll never get another chance. His blitzing is still poorly timed and too risky and his teams are absurdly undisciplined. 

Denvers loss today really hurts us. Up 27-10 too. Most years if you are a 9-5 team you are either leading the division or snugly in a wild card or at least in a position where you control your own destiny. The Jets have none of those things.

Edited by '7'

Actually Denver's loss may have given the Jets some life - there's no guarantee Denver makes the playoffs just yet...they have to beat Cincy and San Diego (who will likely be fired up for their potential last game as the SD Chargers) - and a 4 way tie with New York/Denver/KC/Pitt as 5 loss teams may actually kick Denver out of the playoffs if I'm reading conference records right.

So yeah, root for Denver to lose and KC to win and you don't have to give a damn about Pittsburgh.

8 hours ago, '7' said:

Pats will try to wreck the Jets season next week. It's going to be a massive game with a circus type atmosphere, and it's a game where guys like Ivory(you want to get paid next year, give me 150 and 2td's) Ridley, and Kerley need to show up and Revis needs to be in total lockdown mode. I'm 50/50 on if we can win this. Fitzpatrick NEVER seems to beat Belichick.

Rex has even gotten competent play out of a no name QB and that team has STILL regressed. Now granted I don't believe any coach should get Carrolled, but if Rex doesn't have the Bills at least back at 9-7 next year, he's gone and he'll never get another chance. His blitzing is still poorly timed and too risky and his teams are absurdly undisciplined. 

Denvers loss today really hurts us. Up 27-10 too. Most years if you are a 9-5 team you are either leading the division or snugly in a wild card or at least in a position where you control your own destiny. The Jets have none of those things.

I don't think Ivory necessarily has to have a huge numbers game...just needs to come up with the big yards in the important spots, and that will be enough.  I think the Jets win this one...it won't hurt the Patriots, because I think they follow it up with a curb-stomping of the Dolphins (a game that will be decided by halftime and may see Brady sitting by the third quarter...I just don't see the Dolphins showing up for that game...I don't think this season can end fast enough for them).  But obviously that means there's a chance of a Pats-Jets matchup in the playoffs. 

As far as being "Carrolled" goes and if it's fair...all depends on the situation.  Rex has really done a lousy job with that team, and Has nailed the bullet points.  I think what's most disconcerting about his short tenure up there is that he seems to have learned NOTHING in his previous stint.  He became even more of a caricature of himself, and I didn't think that was possible.  Like me, I think there was a time where teams did fear him a bit...but now I think he's lost every last bit of that aura.  The only possible way he gets it back is to shut up, FINALLY, and start getting actual results on the field.  No one cares about the back-to-back AFC title game appearances anymore. 

9 hours ago, Hi, I'm VALUE! said:

Actually Denver's loss may have given the Jets some life - there's no guarantee Denver makes the playoffs just yet...they have to beat Cincy and San Diego (who will likely be fired up for their potential last game as the SD Chargers)

This couldn't be more right. When most of Jets nation were tweeting their anger in the wake of the Steelers victory.. I was cheering. We hold every statistical tiebreaker with Denver, and both the Steelers and Chiefs are white-hot right now. Sure, they may lose a game.. but as of today, it seems very unlikely. The Broncos on the other hand are falling off a cliff. They're 4-4 since Week 7, and like you said.. they will have to play a charged up Chargers team, and Cincy playing for seeding. The Jets will control their own destiny next week (provided we beat New England of course) if: #1) Pittsburgh loses.. OR #2) Denver loses.. OR #3) Kansas City loses. There's even an outside chance that the Jets can in at 10-6 with the Broncos loss last night.

Denver can very easily lost next week. I mean it seems like Pitt figured out Osweiler yesterday (with their wretched secondary no less) and Cinci found their rhythm with McCarron

Another game where the Jets can get help is Oakland/KC week 17. Big rivalry, Oakland is legit and will want to destroy their season

11 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Still wanna sing Rex's praises Beez? He was brought in to take an improving team a step forward, and did the opposite.

The Bills were 9-7 last year, and the best they can finish this season is 8-8. They had a Top 3 defense last year, and they currently rank 21st in the league. It doesn't look good I admit.. but I also know how difficult it is sometimes for a transitional coach coming from another organization. Rex was with the Jets 6 years, then went to another team and had to learn all new players\personnel. That's hard sometimes for HC's to immediately put their stamp on a franchise in Year 1. Mike Holmgren was 15-17 his first 2 years in Seattle. Tom Coughlin went 6-10 Year 1 with the Giants. Even the mighty Bill Belichick had a losing record his first year with the Patriots. It's not very uncommon to see in the NFL. Rex will not.. and should not be fired after one season with the Bills.

..that being said, the one area where it's tough to defend Rex is: His mistakes are a trend. Good coached learn from their folly's throughout their career(s).. Rex doesn't. They're the same mistakes I saw the 6 years he was here. Quarterback regression. Horrid clock management. Undisciplined football\players. Clownish behavior. Lack of accountability. Bully mentality.. and so on and so on. Rex's personality didn't come without a Buyer Beware label. The Pegula's went in with their eyes wide open. They knew EXACLTY what they were getting with Rex. They will give him some time to right this ship. How much remains to be seen. If the Bills are 8-8, 7-9 again next year.. Rex will get a 3rd season in Buffalo. If the Bills are a 4-5 win team however.. then he may get the hook after only 2 seasons. As always.. I'm rooting for the guy.

While we're on the subject of Ryan: Mario Williams CUT INTO Rex after the game yesterday..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000606342/article/mario-williams-points-out-issues-with-bills-defense

"It's crazy. Once again, you saw the game and they're trying to switch personnel as they're coming out of the huddle. I don't know, man. I don't know. I don't know who in the world is saying what personnel they're in, or how it's that confusing, but apparently it is. Because it's happening game in and game out. My mindset is if you're an attack defense, if you're a bully on the field, then you don't let anything else dictate what you do. We're going to put who we put out there, and then we're going to be able to execute and make plays with the guys who are out there. I don't need to wait on you to make a decision. We're trying to switch men. It's not like we're trying to switch plays. We're trying to switch men as they're coming out of the huddle. That's happened a few times in 10 years with me. A few times. That's 10 years! But game in and game out, I don't know how in the world it keeps happening. If we win, and we're 10-4, or whatever.. then hey, hats off. But if it don't work, yeah.. then there needs to be a different change. Whether that's if one person is singled out, and that needs to be done, then so be it. That's not my decision."  --Mario Williams

And that's one huge difference between Rex's Jets and Rex's Bills...most of his Jets players really seemed to love him.  Not so much in Buffalo.  I think he gets one more year on light probation, but yeah, if there isn't a HUGE change in how things are running up there, he may not last the season.