Boudreaux got fired!!!!!

Devil Fan

With an identical record to the Devils the Capitals fire their coach...

Not that Boudreau didn't have to go, it just makes me really accept what the Devils are as a team now.

The Devs also fired Julien when we were 2nd in the East, 102pts, and a week away from the playoffs. You make the call when you think it will be benefical, not when your team has tanked the season away (MacLean)

When you hold a superstar player accountable and bench him for poor play, do not expect to last long in this league.

You're allowed to hold a superstar accountable... but there's a certain way to do it.

I really like the way DeBoer handled Kovy's rough third period on Saturday. It didn't work out the way we wanted it to... but Kovy would skate back to the bench dejected and frustrated and DeBoer would soon yell GET BACK OUT THERE AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

You're allowed to hold a superstar accountable... but there's a certain way to do it.

I really like the way DeBoer handled Kovy's rough third period on Saturday. It didn't work out the way we wanted it to... but Kovy would skate back to the bench dejected and frustrated and DeBoer would soon yell GET BACK OUT THERE AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

So you think Kovy should never ever sit due to poor play?

If you have to explain it away that he should "go about it a certain way" then that is on the player and his ego/feelings and not the coach.

With an identical record to the Devils the Capitals fire their coach...

Not that Boudreau didn't have to go, it just makes me really accept what the Devils are as a team now.

In their last 12 games they are 3-8-1 with a -20 goal differential.

In the Devils last 12 games they are 8-4. (could easily be 10-2 without the collapse against Florida and bs call against the Isles).

It's not all about the total record.

So you think Kovy should never ever sit due to poor play?

If you have to explain it away that he should "go about it a certain way" then that is on the player and his ego/feelings and not the coach.

Not saying he should never sit... but when the rest of the team is skating in quick sand and cant get a decent scoring chance, I'd rather not have the high paid superstar sulking on the bench... instead, DeBoer gave him a chance to spark the team. The team is treading water until Zajac gets back so they can split up Parise and Kovy.

Not saying he should never sit... but when the rest of the team is skating in quick sand and cant get a decent scoring chance, I'd rather not have the high paid superstar sulking on the bench... instead, DeBoer gave him a chance to spark the team. The team is treading water until Zajac gets back so they can split up Parise and Kovy.

He hasn't done much with his chances to make up for it. Like the last game instead of trying to make up for his giveaway, he decides to bitch at the ref and get called for a penalty after taking his sweet-ass time to sulk to the bench. Getting us shorthanded with about 5 minutes left in the game after giving up the go-ahead goal is not exactly sparking the team.

He hasn't done much with his chances to make up for it. Like the last game instead of trying to make up for his giveaway, he decides to bitch at the ref and get called for a penalty after taking his sweet-ass time to sulk to the bench. Getting us shorthanded with about 5 minutes left in the game after giving up the go-ahead goal is not exactly sparking the team.

Justified. How the refs could miss such a blatant infraction right in front of the net in a tight game like that is beyond me. I'm glad Kovy stuck up for himself instead of saying "oh well what are you going to do" and skating back to the bench. Not every ref has their period like this one did and is so sensitive to any player challenging them. I swear there are so many rock heads that say Kovy is not a team player or doesn't care about the team and so on... the guy shows a little passion and now he's getting criticized for it.

Justified. How the refs could miss such a blatant infraction right in front of the net in a tight game like that is beyond me. I'm glad Kovy stuck up for himself instead of saying "oh well what are you going to do" and skating back to the bench. Not every ref has their period like this one did and is so sensitive to any player challenging them. I swear there are so many rock heads that say Kovy is not a team player or doesn't care about the team and so on... the guy shows a little passion and now he's getting criticized for it.

Showing passion is fine, but there are times when you just have to bottle it in and channel it other ways like scoring a goal instead of yelling and cursing at the ref. He knows if you curse at a ref you will get a penalty.

I do agree the ref had his whistle up his ass in that point.

I do think Kovy is at least trying to be a team player and I do think he cares. It is just something about these super-talented Russian's with their attitudes and egos that never really made me love them. Ovie has it, Bure had it, Mogilny had it, and Federov sorta had it. Even though Kovy seems to be less bitten by it than others in terms of having a bad attitude/large ego, he still sometimes show signs of it.

Yeah I mean I realize it was late in the game and we were down but our PK is good (better than 5 on 5) so I didn't mind him giving it to the ref on what could have been a game tying goal and his redemption

Zach did the same exact thing after the refs disallowed his goal, and then even more so 2.1 seconds later after the game was over.. Only difference was that he couldn't be penalized after the game, but his actions were the same if not more extreme

Yeah I mean I realize it was late in the game and we were down but our PK is good (better than 5 on 5) so I didn't mind him giving it to the ref on what could have been a game tying goal and his redemption

Zach did the same exact thing after the refs disallowed his goal, and then even more so 2.1 seconds later after the game was over.. Only difference was that he couldn't be penalized after the game, but his actions were the same if not more extreme

Zach could yelled all he wanted, but refs generally do not start giving penalties out until you start cursing at them. One little slip of a word can be the difference between a penalty and a non-call.

Zach could yelled all he wanted, but refs generally do not start giving penalties out until you start cursing at them. One little slip of a word can be the difference between a penalty and a non-call.

Trust me Zach was cursing... I think he may have even invented some new curses during that tirade haha. But yeah, Colin brings up a good point. I have less of a problem with Kovy giving the ref hell and taking a penalty considering this team's penalty kill is superhuman and they actually get better chances there than 5-5 haha.

Dale Hunter is the new guy:

Hunter, who had been coach of the Ontario Hockey League's London Knights, will make his debut behind the Washington bench Tuesday, when the Capitals face the St. Louis Blues to open a three-game homestand. In 11 seasons as coach in London, Hunter turned the Knights into one of the most successful junior hockey clubs in Canada. He posted a record of 451-189-23-24, was the fastest coach in OHL history to win 300 and 400 games, and his .691 winning percentage is the best in league history.

From http://www.nhl.com/i...mpid=nhl-rxl-fb

Edited by jim777

In 11 seasons as coach in London, Hunter turned the Knights into one of the most successful junior hockey clubs in Canada. He posted a record of 451-189-23-24, was the fastest coach in OHL history to win 300 and 400 games, and his .691 winning percentage is the best in league history.

You know this is just because his players were afraid he'd blind-side hit them during practice....

You must not have seen Zach.. He redefined the term "going apesh*t".. And I don't blame him, but I don't blame Kovy either

You must not have seen Zach.. He redefined the term "going apesh*t".. And I don't blame him, but I don't blame Kovy either

Except that the game was over when Zach lost it, it's not like an unsportsmanlike minor would have mattered at that point. And Kovy didn't just argue, he rolled over in the corner like a soccer player, showing up the refs while play was still going on at the other end!

Trust me Zach was cursing... I think he may have even invented some new curses during that tirade haha. But yeah, Colin brings up a good point. I have less of a problem with Kovy giving the ref hell and taking a penalty considering this team's penalty kill is superhuman and they actually get better chances there than 5-5 haha.

lol got a point there about our powerplay.