2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

Who cares about being in playoff position roughly a quarter of the way through the season?

At this point, all I really want is to see is the Devils get past this road trip (hopefully with at least two points), then take it from there.  After that, 14 out of the next 23 games games will be at home.  I would love to see them get 30 points in those games.  If the Devils lose all three games of this trip in regulation (hopefully not), that would give them 49 points in 46 GP.  Not great, but they wouldn't have to tear it up to make the playoffs, and still a decent recovery after a 1-5-4 start. 

Honestly why don't you just put me on your ignore list instead of fvcking turning down in any possible ways anything that i post? It's like its your day job jesus christ, like an obsession.

Edited by SterioDesign

Was just making a general point SD that I don't put that much stock in the standings at this point, and explained why.  I didn't say anything that was insulting to you.   

I care and I like the guy, but it would make me happy to see him fail miserably.

you care how the player does and you "like" him... but you want to see him fail miserably just because he isnt on this team anymore? lol i dont understand why you wouldnt want to see someone you like fail miserably thats pretty harsh

you care how the player does and you "like" him... but you want to see him fail miserably just because he isnt on this team anymore? lol i dont understand why you wouldnt want to see someone you like fail miserably thats pretty harsh

Because he ain't with us, so he's against us. And plus, maybe then he gets bought out and comes back home for half price.

Losing Lidstrom turned them into a much worse team and I believe as Datsyuk and Zetterberg age, they will continue to fall.

i agree and was looking forward to it since his retirement was inevitable.

the team isnt the lidstrom redwings was always the answer hah.

that and new division

Right now datayuk and Henrik are playing good. Age yeah maybe they'll decline. Who knows? Dan Boyle has looked better as he gotten older it seems. Detroit will finish towards the top most apt but they won't go much further. And yeah Boston really isn't all that over rated. Their one of the best if not the best the east has. We're not like the west when it comes to having so many great teams. We got Pittsburgh and Boston and now Detroit (?). They went to the cup last year and won it recently. Can't be much over rated. Losing seguin may have hurt though. He's playing better then Erikson

i agree and was looking forward to it since his retirement was inevitable.

the team isnt the lidstrom redwings was always the answer hah.

that and new division

up for a good laugh boys ?

"I don’t know if there’s anyone else in the NHL that’s better than him".

- Ranger owner James Dolan on Glen Sather

That's music to my ears and every other Devils fan.  If the Rangers ever do win a Cup, we'll probably hear from JD how Sather had a [insert double-digit total]-year plan to win the Cup, and being a "meh"-ish kind of team for so long was by ingenious design. 

The Islanders are really sinking....giving up lots of goals, I could see them looking for some help on D

I dont know if that Vanek trade was a good deal for them

(wow they must have read this post as the Isle's tie up the Pens and Vanek has two goals)

Edited by The 29th Pick

That's music to my ears and every other Devils fan. If the Rangers ever do win a Cup, we'll probably hear from JD how Sather had a [insert double-digit total]-year plan to win the Cup, and being a "meh"-ish kind of team for so long was by ingenious design.

Since the lock out Rangers management has been pretty good. At this point, you can generally count on them to make the playoffs and they'll usually win at least a round. The trades in recent years have been pretty good, obviously getting a steal in the McDonough trade. His free agent signings haven't been a calamity. And their drafting in recent years has been pretty good, Stepan in the second round, Callahan in the third or fourth, Girardi, Staal, Kreider, Dubinsky, Anisimov, all solid picks. Of course, Sather evidently has taken a back seat on draft day, which is at least a sign that he knows his limitations. (Although it looks like they blew it big time in passing on Fowler for McIlrath). All in all, they could probably do a lot worse than Sather.

The big test will be what happens with Lundqvist. If he bolts in free agency, it'll be an absolute calamity, and one that would have probably been preventable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD