NFL Week 3!!

CRASHER

That was the worst officiated game I have ever scene. I am embarrassed to call this a "win". My boys are again on Thursday, but I can't watch this crap anymore. The owners suck and have tainted the season so far.

you won...like I just told you....you brush it off....you walk away and you think it looks a LOT prettier in the standings tomorrow....

I swear I'm reverting to coin tosses for predictions next week :P

People are getting on Bill, but I think in this case he almost had to grab an official. The officials clearly wanted to get out of there as quick as possible, and not deal with that call. As a coach, you feel you deserve an explanation for why don't they look at the replay. So the refs are running quickly off the field, and Bill tried to grab one ask for a review. The optics look back, but I'd expect most coaches to want some answer there.

People are getting on Bill, but I think in this case he almost had to grab an official. The officials clearly wanted to get out of there as quick as possible, and not deal with that call. As a coach, you feel you deserve an explanation for why don't they look at the replay. So the refs are running quickly off the field, and Bill tried to grab one ask for a review. The optics look back, but I'd expect most coaches to want some answer there.

Honestly, I don't blame Bill. The calls were inconsistent and amateurish.

Honestly, I don't blame Bill. The calls were inconsistent and amateurish.

So is putting your hands on the official regardless of circumstance.....if one of the players does this he's gone next week....if Harbuagh or Jim Schwartz does this they're fined up the ass and probably suspended next week.....time for a little consistency there NFL....you gave out the MEMO OF DOOM to knock it off with harassing the officials (not to mention no one told YOU Bill to not call one of your two timeouts to leave some time on the damn clock idiot, Tomlin did this too yesterday)

.....still not as boneheaded as Jim Schwartz not trying for a 30 yard FG in OVERTIME and going for it on 4th and 1 :blink:

....still not as boneheaded as Jim Schwartz not trying for a 30 yard FG in OVERTIME and going for it on 4th and 1 :blink:

Schwartz said he intended to try to draw the other team offsides and the ball wasn't supposed to be snapped lol. Which is also micromanaging, that stupid make the other team jump offsides fake snap works one out of every fifty times anyway. Glad Detroit got burned on it when the center (backup QB, whomever) made a mistake :lol:

Tomlin going for it on 4th and 1 from his own 30 in a tie game was weird too, especially after they'd been stuffed on 3rd down. He did get away with it though.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Schwartz said he intended to try to draw the other team offsides and the ball wasn't supposed to be snapped lol. Which is also micromanaging, that stupid make the other team jump offsides fake snap works one out of every fifty times anyway. Glad Detroit got burned on it when the center (backup QB, whomever) made a mistake :lol:

That's when you grab your center and QB by the facemask and you SCREAM "UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ON THIS PLANET DO YOU SNAP THIS DAMN BALL!!!!!!"

sh!t why even call a play then???

That just makes Schwartz even DUMBER

I'm just glad Direct TV is back at the bar, that 3:30-4:30 hour was the craziest thing I ever saw......

Tomlin going for it on 4th and 1 from his own 30 in a tie game was weird too, especially after they'd been stuffed on 3rd down. He did get away with it though.

Tomlin also left that game with a timeout in his pocket letting the Raiders with the best legged kicker in all the football I've ever seen kick a last second FG.....that's unacceptable......

To add to the officiating gaffes....

From the Detroit/Tennessee game:

Now the officials had to mark off the 15-yard penalty. Presumably, replay official Earnie Frantz or the officiating supervisor told the referee, Gerald Wright, to mark the 15-yard penalty from the Tennessee 44. But Wright marked it from the Detroit 44, giving the Titans a first down at the Detroit 29. If the crew had marked it from the Titans 44, the first down would have been from the Detroit 41. As it was, Tennessee, from the 29, was already in field-goal range. It's beyond inexcusable -- and to think the league office put an extra set of eyes in the replay booth to ensure debacles like a 27-yard personal foul wouldn't happen. It did anyway.

From the San Francisco/Minnesota game:

In Minnesota, 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh got two free replay challenges he didn't deserve near the end of the second half (video below). When he called his third timeout late in the fourth quarter, he asked referee Ken Roan if he was allowed to challenge a play during the timeout because he'd noticed what he thought was a Minnesota fumble during the timeout. Roan allowed him the challenge, even though you've got to have a timeout remaining if you throw the challenge flag, because the penalty for losing a challenge is a loss of a timeout. Upstairs, the replay official, Tom Sifferman, and the unknown supervisor from the league, could have corrected Roan on this call, or on another challenge one minute later by Harbaugh. The veteran league reps didn't correct the disaster. Lucky for the league the Niners weren't able to score off the two extra challenges, and the game ended with Minnesota winning 24-13.
Edited by nmigliore

....sooo in other words, the "actual" ref in the booth is screwing up as much.....or MORE....then the replacement refs on the field.....

....and you wonder why the locked out refs can burn in hell in my eyes :P

Well this could be the nightmare moment the replacement refs have somehow avoided at the end of a game to this point. How that wasn't ruled an INT when the Packer CLEARLY came down with it is beyond me. And if they do overturn this now god help the refs getting out of that stadium.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Tate pushed off and Jennings STILL appeared to intercept that.

And after review IT'S STILL COUNTED AS A TOUCHDOWN. Wow. What.... the.... F.

Anyway, I'd like to personally welcome back real NFL officials, because unless the NFL is more retarded than I thought, there's no way they let this lockout continue. No way.

When it happened live, I thought it was simultaneous possession. If both players get the ball at the same time, there's no wrestling match for it or anything like that, it just goes to the passing team. On replay though, there was an obvious double-clutch by Tate while Jennings held the ball with both hands all the way. So it should have been ruled defensive possession, not simultaneous. I thought I heard Tirico say that they cannot review for possession on the catch, so if that were true, then that would explain why they couldn't overturn the call on the field.

What I really thought was that the offensive pass interference should have been called there. In officiating, there are always times when you generally don't call the foul. But when a foul is committed flagrantly and egregiously, it should be called no matter what the situation is.

When it happened live, I thought it was simultaneous possession. If both players get the ball at the same time, there's no wrestling match for it or anything like that, it just goes to the passing team. On replay though, there was an obvious double-clutch by Tate while Jennings held the ball with both hands all the way. So it should have been ruled defensive possession, not simultaneous. I thought I heard Tirico say that they cannot review for possession on the catch, so if that were true, then that would explain why they couldn't overturn the call on the field.

What I really thought was that the offensive pass interference should have been called there. In officiating, there are always times when you generally don't call the foul. But when a foul is committed flagrantly and egregiously, it should be called no matter what the situation is.

They should have called the offensive pass interference, but maybe they just didn't see it live, sometimes these things happen. They probably noticed it on the replay but they're not allowed to call it then. I didn't watch the game because I was at work but if they can't review for possession on the catch then that is the main reason for the butchered call and the media really needs to talk about that more than just bashing the refs. Of course the refs missed the call initally, but that is why they have video review in the first place. If they're allowed to look at the replay and see that they got it wrong, but then are only able to rule it a complete pass or incomplete pass and not an interception, well then that's not the refs' fault, it's the stupid rule's fault.