Devils rule on facial hair

JWomp

Nieds post-Devils play iff beard is repulsive. He looks like a total jerkoff. Maybe he felt all Yule Gibbons but he looked like a self-sustaining cult leader. Everything Niedermayer does that bugs the sh!t out of me Stevens does right. Stevens is Dick Proenneke to Neids's Christopher McCandless.

I think it has more to do with unity than anything else. Everyone wears a helmet during warmups, everyone -- whether you're NHL, AHL or ECHL -- plays for a team called the Devils, everyone wears a suit and tie on the road, everyone is clean shaven.

It's all that "no individual is bigger than the team" thing. Lou's big into that kind of stuff.

I think it has more to do with unity than anything else. Everyone wears a helmet during warmups, everyone -- whether you're NHL, AHL or ECHL -- plays for a team called the Devils, everyone wears a suit and tie on the road, everyone is clean shaven.

It's all that "no individual is bigger than the team" thing. Lou's big into that kind of stuff.

If "everyone wearing a helmet" and everyone shaving is some important resemblance of team unity than that is absurd. That doesn't make or break team unity. It is way beyond that. The rule is stupid, and if it is still in place I expect it to die like many other ridiculous things/rules in this organization once LL is finally gone....

Ahh 3cups... so much for you to learn. Maybe you won't grasp the "no facial hair rule," as silly and trivial as it is -- but you will one day understand how much weight the seemingly trivial often has.

So you are going to honestly come on this board and tell me that the no facial hair rule means something?!!? It certainly hasn't equated to any postseason success in the past 7 years.... Please inform me oh wise one....What good does this ridiculous rule do?

So you are going to honestly come on this board and tell me that the no facial hair rule means something?!!? It certainly hasn't equated to any postseason success in the past 7 years.... Please inform me oh wise one....What good does this ridiculous rule do?

It infuriates fans who have nothing better to talk about.

In seriousness though, lots of team-building exercises -- from boot camp to fraternity pledging -- involve the individuals shedding their individuality while working to become one as a unit. Same clothes, same haircuts, same facial hair (or lack thereof), etc. can all be a part of that. It isn't uncommon.

What would be weird would be if a guy like Lou didn't try to implement stuff like this.

When you're in charge of something you get to set the policies. It's a belief system. We can speculate all day on why or why not, but clearly LL wants his team to act in certain ways that are within his discretion.

you have your opinion that it is ridiculous. Clearly there are several organizations in different spots that feel differently. That's their prerogative.

I'd have to have the barber or someone else shave my stubble. I'm too lazy to shave it myself. I'd constantly be written up.

That rule was the worst rule ever. I hope it's gone. Poor Johnny Oduya had to keep his awesome beard at bay in NJ, no wonder he's happy in Atlanta.

Johnny Oduya would look like Kyp Malone by now

kyp215.jpg

I live here in South FL, But up til 7 years ago spent my entire life in N. Jersey I went to the Devils vs Panther game here in FL and was fortunate enought to run into Mattias Tedenby who was eating along with Matt Corrente in the Lexus Lounge area, I did not want to be rude but did say a quick hello, one thing about every NJ Devils player I have met in person they could not have been better dressed (exception Slava Fetisov, man where did he come up with those suits) and more courteous to there fans. I can not say that about other teams players.

I live here in South FL, But up til 7 years ago spent my entire life in N. Jersey I went to the Devils vs Panther game here in FL and was fortunate enought to run into Mattias Tedenby who was eating along with Matt Corrente in the Lexus Lounge area, I did not want to be rude but did say a quick hello, one thing about every NJ Devils player I have met in person they could not have been better dressed (exception Slava Fetisov, man where did he come up with those suits) and more courteous to there fans. I can not say that about other teams players.

I guess you have never had the "pleasure" of running into Marty.... :rofl:

I guess you have never had the "pleasure" of running into Marty.... :rofl:

I did once, again here in South FL maybe its the weather but he did not say much but was pleasent. I have been out with some Panthers fans and have run into some of their players years back, it was not a pleasent experience. Maybe it is just me but New Jersey just seems to have a much more profesional feeling about their players..IMO

I used to go eat at Dano's Restaraunt I think it was Bela Note, he used to come around and greet each table.

I did once, again here in South FL maybe its the weather but he did not say much but was pleasent. I have been out with some Panthers fans and have run into some of their players years back, it was not a pleasent experience. Maybe it is just me but New Jersey just seems to have a much more profesional feeling about their players..IMO

I used to go eat at Dano's Restaraunt I think it was Bela Note, he used to come around and greet each table.

LOL, it was Mezzanotte

Well of course it wasn't pleasant. The Panthers are superstars that have a rabid fan base. Duh!

I met Marty once...his son had a game down here in South Jersey and he was in the stands with some woman who was speaking french...I had my Devils jersey on and I went up and shook his hand, and he signed my jersey. He seemed cool with it but the woman? A total bitch. However, this was several years ago...his son got a shutout though.

I met Martin Sheen once here at this little touristy site we call "Old Town". He was sitting on a bench with his shoes off with a woman. They were very nice and we all took pictures. Martin Sheen has a huge head.

Forget Martin Sheen, I wanna run into Charlie! It is funny that he just plays himself on Two and A Half Men, and gets paid big buck$ to do it!