GDT: ECF Game 3 - NY Rangers @ NJ Devils

Zubie#8

If they did they'll have beaten the 6, 7, 8 seeds in the east and the 8 in the west. Murderer's Row.

What's even worse is that they'll beat these lower seeds with inferior play. Literally the only reason the Rangers are even sniffing the playoffs this year is Lundqvist (and turtling around him).

lol terrible excuse.

Its not trolling if its the truth.

Judging how you are using all the same tired tags fans insults here, you are obviously a bandwagon fan.

Let me ask you, did you become a fan right after the winter classic, the first round of the playoffs or second round of the playoffs?

So the NHL has rules on goalie leg pads, sticks, and jersey size... BUT

What's the ruling for pads under the jersey... let's take a look. If I were PDB I would challenge Queen Lundqvist's pads

http://www.nhl.com/i...ge.htm?id=26287

Rule 11 - Goalkeeper's Equipment 11.1

Goalkeeper’s Equipment - With the exception of skates and stick, all the equipment worn by the goalkeeper must be constructed solely for the purpose of protecting the head or body, and he must not wear any garment or use any contrivance which would give him undue assistance in keeping goal.

The League’s Hockey Operations Department is specifically authorized to make a check of each teams’ equipment (including goalkeepers' sticks) to ensure the compliance with the rule. It shall report its findings to the Commissioner for his disciplinary action.

11.3 Chest and Arm Pads – No raised ridges are allowed on the front edges or sides of the chest pad, the inside or outside of the arms, or across the shoulders.

Layering at the elbow is permitted to add protection but not to add stopping area. This layering, both across the front and down the sides, to protect the point of the elbow shall not exceed seven inches (7'').

Shoulder cap protectors must follow the contour of the shoulder cap without becoming a projection/extension beyond or above the shoulder or shoulder cap. This contoured padding must not be more than one inch (1") in thickness beyond the top ridge of the shoulder and shoulder cap.

On each side the shoulder clavicle protectors are not to exceed seven inches (7") in width. Their maximum thickness is to be one inch (1''). This protection is not to extend or project above or beyond the shoulder or shoulder cap nor extend beyond the armpit. No insert is allowed between the shoulder clavicle protector and the chest pad that would elevate the shoulder clavicle protector.

If, when the goalkeeper assumes his normal crouch position, the shoulder and/or shoulder cap protection is pushed above the contour of the shoulder, the chest pad will be considered illegal.

The chest and arm protector worn by each goalkeeper must be anatomically proportional and size specific based on the individual physical characteristics of that goalkeeper. The League's Hockey Operations Department will have the complete discretion to determine the maximum size for each goalkeeper's chest and arm protector based on measurements obtained by the League's Hockey Operations Department, which will include but not be limited to, measurements for torso and arm length. Any chest and arm protector deemed too large for a goalkeeper will be considered illegal equipment for that goalkeeper, regardless of whether or not it would have fallen within previous equipment maximums.

Edited by HOLLYWOOD

So the NHL has rules on goalie leg pads, sticks, and jersey size... BUT

What's the ruling for pads under the jersey... let's take a look. If I were PDB I would challenge Queen Lundqvist's pads

http://www.nhl.com/i...ge.htm?id=26287

funny always looking for excuses when he shuts the Devils down. I'm sure the league is just ignoring all the illegal equipment you guys cry about.

Enough of looking for excuses. Goalie pads, refs, etc. Its crybaby horsesh!t and will not change a damn thing.

We lost to a team that has one of the better goaltenders in the league and an active defense. Torts is also a helluva coach at motivating his players and they came out and did what needed to be done in the 3rd. We didn't get any traffic in front of Lundqvist when we needed to. The end.

The only argument we have today is that elbow by Prust on Anton.

Enough of looking for excuses. Goalie pads, refs, etc. Its crybaby horsesh!t and will not change a damn thing.

We lost to a team that has one of the better goaltenders in the league and an active defense. Torts is also a helluva coach at motivating his players and they came out and did what needed to be done in the 3rd. We didn't get any traffic in front of Lundqvist when we needed to. The end.

The only argument we have today is that elbow by Prust on Anton.

Couldn't have said it better. All the brilliant saves by Marty but it wasn't enough. I know we didn't score but there is another way to stay in the game don't allow goals against.

Edited by LucifersDog

funny always looking for excuses when he shuts the Devils down. I'm sure the league is just ignoring all the illegal equipment you guys cry about.

I get it you never played ice hockey? It's no excuses, there's plenty of NHL scouts that have commented about his pads. Cheating has been going on for a century in hockey.

There's even rumors using today's technology of lasers to measure a players gear live in the pre-game to find illegal gear and springing the challenge at the right time during the game. My favorite is sharping the edge of the eye visor and getting in a fight to have your opponent cut up his knuckles/hands on it.

Frankly I'm surprised the other teams have challenged the Queen's gear. I did witness Marty get called for his illegal stick curve by the SJ Sharks in a 2-2 tied game late in the game. They measured and the Stick failed, Sharks scored on the PP and won the game.

Ignorance is Bliss

I ain't even mad. We outplayed them again and they stole a win they didn't deserve, again. I know the doubters will say "This is exactly how the Rangers want to play; we're playing into their hands; Lundqvist is in our heads, yadda yadda", but that's simply not true. Tortorella's screaming stupid face should be a clue here. Lundqvist and some luck won the Rangers this game. This is not the Rangers' style of game at all. They are losing puck battles all over the ice and giving up way more chances than they normally do. Don't tell me that we are being outplayed or outcoached, because it's not true.

With a hot goalie, games like this one and game 1 can happen. It's frustrating, yes, but you have to believe that they can't win two more games like this. If the Devils keep controlling the puck the way they have and lose this series, then fine, I'll admit I was wrong. But I just don't believe it can happen. Some more puck luck has to go the Devils' way so these tips and chances find the back of the net. It's going to happen. Keep believing. Game 4 will be ours.

One last point. The refs were overall not that bad today except for one huge miss - Prust should have been given a game misconduct for that cheap shot to the head. Unbelievable. He should get 3 games for that at least, but I don't actually expect him to get any more than 1, if that.

I ain't even mad. We outplayed them again and they stole a win they didn't deserve, again. I know the doubters will say "This is exactly how the Rangers want to play; we're playing into their hands; Lundqvist is in our heads, yadda yadda", but that's simply not true. Tortorella's screaming stupid face should be a clue here. Lundqvist and some luck won the Rangers this game. This is not the Rangers' style of game at all. They are losing puck battles all over the ice and giving up way more chances than they normally do. Don't tell me that we are being outplayed or outcoached, because it's not true.

With a hot goalie, games like this one and game 1 can happen. It's frustrating, yes, but you have to believe that they can't win two more games like this. If the Devils keep controlling the puck the way they have and lose this series, then fine, I'll admit I was wrong. But I just don't believe it can happen. Some more puck luck has to go the Devils' way so these tips and chances find the back of the net. It's going to happen. Keep believing. Game 4 will be ours.

One last point. The refs were overall not that bad today except for one huge miss - Prust should have been given a game misconduct for that cheap shot to the head. Unbelievable. He should get 3 games for that at least, but I don't actually expect him to get any more than 1, if that.

This "outplayed them" nonsense has got to go. The only stat that matters is pucks in the net. We lost there. Story over.

Frustrating game which doesnt need to be said, but still. Total replay of game 1.

Have to give the Queen his due today, I was (reluctantly) impressed with his presence in net.

It was worse than Game 1, really. Game 1, they barely challenged Lundqvist and couldn't get a shot through. Tonight, they put everything they possibly could on net, and the great shot-blockers weren't much of a factor at all...and they STILL couldn't get a goal. We dominate 55 minutes, can't score, they dominate five minutes at the start of the third and get three goals. God, I can't stand this team. They really are going to luck their way to a Stanley Cup :rant:

They must have a liberal definition of "follows the contour of the shoulder" if this is what he's wearing...

HaNSf.jpg

Those seriously look like football pads. Maybe Marty's got to bulk up too :( He does seem to be great around the net still in spite of not having the huge pads, but for some raeson can't stop point shots during the playoffs.

It was worse than Game 1, really. Game 1, they barely challenged Lundqvist and couldn't get a shot through. Tonight, they put everything they possibly could on net, and the great shot-blockers weren't much of a factor at all...and they STILL couldn't get a goal. We dominate 55 minutes, can't score, they dominate five minutes at the start of the third and get three goals. God, I can't stand this team. They really are going to luck their way to a Stanley Cup :rant:

What luck? Their goalie was great (not necessarily unstoppable though). Last time I checked, the goalie is a member of the team as well, and, what do you know, some are really good and influence the outcome.

Of course, whether fans on a message board call a loss bad luck doesn't really matter. However, it helps to not call a loss something that it isn't.

What luck? Their goalie was great (not necessarily unstoppable though). Last time I checked, the goalie is a member of the team as well, and, what do you know, some are really good and influence the outcome.

Of course, whether fans on a message board call a loss bad luck doesn't really matter. However, it helps to not call a loss something that it isn't.

I've been the one saying all year that the Rangers deserve credit, but after today I'm done with giving them credit. They played in their own zone for 80% of the game, let Lundqvist do all the work, and then get one break and win a game. Same **** in Game 1, we dominate 40 minutes but can't get it through the great wall of shot-blockers, they get one break and win a game. Florida played better against us than this team, but Florida had Clemmensen/Theodore and they have the padded wonder who's owned us for five years.

Edited by NJDevs4978

What really ****es me off is the Rock's never been better in terms of Devil fans to Ranger fans than it was today. Some games it's close to 50-50, today it was more like 90-10. And yet the ten percent sounded like fifty late in the third period. They're not going to have that much of a home-ice advantage the rset of the series unless they somehow win the next two games.

let Lundqvist do all the work

Thats all they had to do. They also beat Marty twice in the 3rd. We've had plenty of games in our past where Marty has won the game for us on his own.

I'm with you for the most part though. We've outplayed this team for prob 10/12 periods thus far and are regularly controlling the play and winning battles. I dont agree with the sky is falling, "luck their way to a Stanley Cup" attitude though. We're down 2-1 with the next game at home. Its far from over and we've seen this team bounce back big throughout the entire playoff season.

I'd really like to see Elias get something going though. His lack of touch this series has been annoying.

I've been the one saying all year that the Rangers deserve credit, but after today I'm done with giving them credit. They played in their own zone for 80% of the game, let Lundqvist do all the work, and then get one break and win a game. Same **** in Game 1, we dominate 40 minutes but can't get it through the great wall of shot-blockers, they get one break and win a game. Florida played better against us than this team, but Florida had Clemmensen/Theodore and they have the padded wonder who's owned us for five years.

Welcome to the Dark Side.

It doesn't feel any better over here, though.

I was fine if the Rangers speed was going to beat us, if they would play us even and win on some Brodeur softies or something. Losing this way is horrible.

What really ****es me off is the Rock's never been better in terms of Devil fans to Ranger fans than it was today. Some games it's close to 50-50, today it was more like 90-10. And yet the ten percent sounded like fifty late in the third period. They're not going to have that much of a home-ice advantage the rset of the series unless they somehow win the next two games.

Yup it was definitely 20% or under, which is way less then normal for the playoffs. The crowd was just waiting to explode and celebrate a goal and it just never came.

Game 4 is now a must win and that's the most frustrating part for me.

Thats all they had to do. They also beat Marty twice in the 3rd. We've had plenty of games in our past where Marty has won the game for us on his own.

I'm with you for the most part though. We've outplayed this team for prob 10/12 periods thus far and are regularly controlling the play and winning battles. I dont agree with the sky is falling, "luck their way to a Stanley Cup" attitude though. We're down 2-1 with the next game at home. Its far from over and we've seen this team bounce back big throughout the entire playoff season.

I'd really like to see Elias get something going though. His lack of touch this series has been annoying.

Thing is, so far we've dominated them far more than the Caps or Sens ever did, the only game I can really recall them getting dominated and having no business winning in the prior two series was Game 3 in Ottawa, but Ottawa returned the favor in Game 5. The Caps decided to play mirror, mirror on the wall and leave the series up to a virtual coinflip and home-ice. We've dominated the majority of the series and have two shutouts to show for it and a skin of our teeth win.

Edited by NJDevs4978