Devils Alumni Charity Games

Dead

I went to one on Englewood yesterday, and it was kinda of exciting. The Devils took on a local team, and well it seemed like they were just messing around and having a good time and STILL out playing the home team pretty badly. One of them was joking around because one of the Devils was actually sweating a little.

Game was $15

Dinner was $35

Winning 1/2 of the signed silent auction items = priceless

I did the PA announcing for one back in October. Everyone had a smile on their face, one of the coolest experiences ever. They played the champions of the league I play in, who won the championship game something like 12-3, and had them at 8-0 in the first period.

Edited by Xunolix

I worked at the one in Englewood last year. I wasn't right at the rink, was more off to the side in the parking lot area, so I didn't get to see much, but it was a lot of fun from what I saw. Also got to talk to Dano for a bit afterwards. He has his two puppies with him, which was awesome and kind of hilarious because he's such a big dude and they're such tiny dogs.

• Like 1

I did the PA announcing for one back in October. Everyone had a smile on their face, one of the coolest experiences ever. They played the champions of the league I play in, who won the championship game something like 12-3, and had them at 8-0 in the first period.

They were just lucky the Devils Alumni weren't trying

• Like 1

I went yesterday and was disappointed with the alumni team lineup. Still a fun event go to. I will post a recap with photos and video later.....

It is a charity event, so I can not say I was disappointed. Everyone had fun so it was good, and best part is they earned some money for the charity. Jim Dowd and Bruce Driver were rather nice at the dinner also. Did not speak to anyone else however.

I am still shocked at winning a kovy and madden signed puck and elias signed stick as the "opening" bid price.

EDIT: Dano was suppose to be there also, wonder what happened to him? Getting ready for the Devils @ Isles I guess? ;)

Edited by Dead

It is a charity event, so I can not say I was disappointed. Everyone had fun so it was good, and best part is they earned some money for the charity. Jim Dowd and Bruce Driver were rather nice at the dinner also. Did not speak to anyone else however.

I am still shocked at winning a kovy and madden signed puck and elias signed stick as the "opening" bid price.

EDIT: Dano was suppose to be there also, wonder what happened to him? Getting ready for the Devils @ Isles I guess? ;)

Most of the people there did not seem like hardcore fans. Instead of buying their kids autographs from legit NHL players in the raffle, they would rather let them get autographs of Rob Skrlac and goaltending sensation Anthony Felice! I actually cringed when I saw kids getting Felice to sign their jerseys...he must have had the time of his life signing too

I had no idea who the players you mentioned were. Marshall, Dowds, Driver I recognized those players :) My dad recognized all but the two below.

I thought it was funny that Skrlac only played 8 games for the Devils.

I couldn't find Felice on the devils site? Did he actually play a game for the devils? ;) I am sure that the kids would be happy if I signed their jersey if I had skated on the ice while wearing a Devils jersey :) It was funny none of the kids even knew who Madden was, well really kind of sad.

EDIT: Found him... Funny he was sitting at my table to whole night, and I had no idea.

Trenton Devils of ECHL always have a star waiting in wings in backup goalie Anthony Felice

Posted on 01/18/2010 22:21:04

Anthony Felice has built his reputation as a professional hockey goaltender around not getting in the game. As the emergency backup goalie for the Trenton Devils, the ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils, his job is to be ready if a netminder goes down

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Anthony+Felice#ixzz1BLzY5UOn

Edited by Dead

When kevin boss was at the devils game, kids were going up to him to sign they're devils jerseys.Little kids don't care about that kind of stuff

Opening night a Dallas Star's fan got "NJ" to sign their Dallas jersey in the plaza... So yeah sometimes it really doesn't matter.