2009-2010 New York Jets Thread

RockingTheRed81

LMAO, you can have him. He's finished. DON'T let the 9 sack number fool you either- those 9 sacks came against back-up OT's and some of the worst o-lines in football. 5 of those 9 sacks came in 2 games against Carolina and Buffalo teams starting practice squad guys in place of their injured 1st and 2nd stringers.

Don't forget to change your sig when he signs with us by March. ;)

...finished huh? We'll see about that. Back-up OT's or not.. 9 Sacks in 14 Games, is still 9 Sacks in 14 Games. BTW: Only 2 Sacks came against Carolina.

I'll laugh if you sign Peezy at this point. And I'll laugh hard.

I'll laugh harder when I hear Bob Wischusen exclaim; "Ohhhhh, and Porter came out of nowhere! Henne just got drilled for a lose of 8 on the play." -come October. smiley-cool06.gif

Edited by Beezer34

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget to change your sig when he signs with us by March. ;)

...finished huh? We'll see about that. Back-up OT's or not.. 9 Sacks in 14 Games, is still 9 Sacks in 14 Games. BTW: Only 2 Sacks came against Carolina.

I'll laugh harder when I hear Bob Wischusen exclaim; "Ohhhhh, and Porter came out of nowhere! Henne just got drilled for a lose of 8 on the play." -come October. smiley-cool06.gif

Beez, I watched the guy every play this year. He 'aint the same guy. I'm not trying to rain on your parade here- I'm giving you an honest evaluation of what the man is at this point. He couldn't get off a block this year to save his life. He was neutralized pretty much all year. He was so lousy, he was actually made inactive for a game. And maybe I should've been more clear- a COMBINED 4.5 of the 9 sacks came in those two games against Buffalo and Carolina and their below sub-par o-lines. Again- take him. I'll laugh hardest and last, I guarantee you that. But if you don't wanna take my word for it, you can tell me I was right a year from now. I'll be here.

Just read this about an hour ago. This one goes out to all you Fish-Fans...

Rex Ryan gives Dolphin fans obscene gesture.

e6418e92ba3e26ff56dda9a3918d9f5a_rexryanmiddlefingerphotomiamistrikeforce.jpg

"I want to just tell everybody in Miami; 'we're coming to beat you twice next year." Ryan said as he was getting booed. He then gave the fans the middle finger."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IF2WiDbWeE&feature=player_embedded

...God I love this guy. B )

Edited by Beezer34

Just read this about an hour ago. This one goes out to all you Fish-Fans...

Rex Ryan gives Dolphin fans obscene gesture.

e6418e92ba3e26ff56dda9a3918d9f5a_rexryanmiddlefingerphotomiamistrikeforce.jpg

"I want to just tell everybody in Miami; 'we're coming to beat you twice next year." Ryan said as he was getting booed. He then gave the fans the middle finger."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IF2WiDbWeE&feature=player_embedded

...God I love this guy. B )

Lmao... what a fat fvck. He gets pwned twice and acts like a fvcking 12 year old. He'll be a defensive coordinator again within two years. What I love though is that Fatso is doing good to really heat up the Fins-Jets rivalry again.

Edited by MadDog2020

Lmao... what a fat fvck.

...you've got to be kidding right? Throwing fat jokes at Rex, when Stay`Puff Tony "the Tank" Sparano is your Head Coach? Pot... Kettle... What?

tony-sparano.jpg

call them aarp

I recall a New England Patriot team a couple years ago that made it all the way to the Superbowl with a pretty good defense. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't that defense have a 35 year old Rodney Harrison.. a 39 year old Junior Seau.. a 34 year old Tedy Bruschi.. a 31 year old Adalius Thomas.. and a 33 year old Mike Vrabel? I'm not sure, but I remember that team doing pretty well.. 16-0 wasn't it? -and a Conference Championship?

...maybe I'm wrong though, I gotta double check it. smiley-cool06.gif

Boy the haters are out in full force aint' they? I guess the notion of Bart Scott, Joey Porter, & David Harris standing side-by-side has gotten some people a tad intimidated. #1 Defense in the league last season, without Porter, Seymour, & Jenkins. (for 13 games) You think it'll be just a liiiiiittle bit better WITH them in the line-up next season? What'ya think?? :uni:

...you've got to be kidding right? Throwing fat jokes at Rex, when Stay`Puff Tony "the Tank" Sparano is your Head Coach? Pot... Kettle... What?

tony-sparano.jpg

I recall a New England Patriot team a couple years ago that made it all the way to the Superbowl with a pretty good defense. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't that defense have a 35 year old Rodney Harrison.. a 39 year old Junior Seau.. a 34 year old Tedy Bruschi.. a 31 year old Adalius Thomas.. and a 33 year old Mike Vrabel? I'm not sure, but I remember that team doing pretty well.. 16-0 wasn't it? -and a Conference Championship?

...maybe I'm wrong though, I gotta double check it. smiley-cool06.gif

Boy the haters are out in full force aint' they? I guess the notion of Bart Scott, Joey Porter, & David Harris standing side-by-side has gotten some people a tad intimidated. #1 Defense in the league last season, without Porter, Seymour, & Jenkins. (for 13 games) You think it'll be just a liiiiiittle bit better WITH them in the line-up next season? What'ya think?? :uni:

1. The fact that Sparano is fat will never prevent me from pointing out that Rex is also fat- actually, fatter. :P 2. Not intimitdated in the least. We will have a pretty decent team ourselves next year. Not scared of anyone.

Edited by MadDog2020

I have been a fan of Rex for the past several years, I know what he can do. Mangenuis was an unknown.

I think Rex is in NY for the long haul. He will keep them competitive, and their have a good nucleus of young talent, along with some vets. I still think the Pats will win the division next year though....

I think Rex is in NY for the long haul. He will keep them competitive, and their have a good nucleus of young talent, along with some vets. I still think the Pats will win the division next year though....

I think the PAT's are done. There is no leadership on the defense and no real soldiers for BB to ride on (aside from Faulk & Brady).

This will be a rebuilding year in NE.

I think the PAT's are done. There is no leadership on the defense and no real soldiers for BB to ride on (aside from Faulk & Brady).

I don't think "rebuild" is in NE's vocabulary. I expect Kraft to go after some free agents in the offseason to keep them "in the hunt" so to speak. Time will tell...

I don't think "rebuild" is in NE's vocabulary. I expect Kraft to go after some free agents in the offseason to keep them "in the hunt" so to speak. Time will tell...

That has been proven an unsuccessful path to success. Most of the Free agents the Pat have signed (aside from A. Thomas) have been as depth players, not impact players. The Pats need to rebuild from within to draft and groom another Vrabel, Brusci, Harrison, Seymour or Ty Law. Right now, there is no one that trusts BB on the Defensive side and the Offensive line is just to small.

Important note for Jet fans (might concern Cowboy fans too):

CBA FAQ from the NFL

Q. What is the Final Eight Plan?

A. During the Final League Year, the eight clubs that make the Divisional Playoffs in the previous season have additional restrictions that limit their ability to sign unrestricted free agents from other clubs. In general, the four clubs participating in the championship games are limited in the number of free agents that they may sign; the limit is determined by the number of their own free agents signing with other clubs. They cannot sign any UFAs unless one of theirs is signed by another team.

For the four clubs that lost in the Divisional Playoffs, in addition to having the ability to sign free agents based on the number of their own free agents signing with other clubs, they may also sign players based on specific financial parameters. Those four only will be permitted to sign one unrestricted free agent for $5.5 million (estimated) or more in year one of the contract, plus the number of their UFAs who sign with another team. They also can sign any unrestricted free agents for less than $3.7 million (estimated) in year one of the contract with limitations on the per year increases.

In the case of all final eight teams, the first-year salary of UFAs they sign to replace those lost cannot exceed the first-year salary of the player lost with limitations on the per-year increases.

I wonder how much this will affect the eight teams that made the divisional round this year?

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Oh Manta.. I wanted so much to believe that when you said it a year ago.

....will that dynasty ever die?? :noclue:

It was a rebuilding year...the offense was able to pile up enough points to allow a young defense that was shaky early on to establish itself (though I think they're not all the way there yet).

Best thing the team did was get rid of Moss...last season the Pats were a bunch of bullying frontrunners, and that's what Moss has always been. The team changed so much for the better once they cut him (which is why I wanted him gone in the offseason in the worst way)...what's sad is that Moss probably looks at the whole situation and thinks he got screwed somehow, that the whole world's against him.

Since seeing Johnny Unitas walk off disgusted, having to watch the Jets celebrate Superbowl III, at the hands of his beloved team.. almost any memory Jet fans have of the Colts, has to put a smile on their face.

*1997: Jets\Colts. *Jets win 16-12, after being the only team (THAT season) to hold Indianapolis to zero touchdowns throughout 60 minute's.

*1998: Jets\Colts. *Black & Blue. The Jets steamroll over Indy 44-6, injuring an unprecedented five Colts players in the process. (by halftime)

*2000: Jets\Colts. *"Aint over 'till it's over." Jets claw back to win 27-17, after scoring 24 unanswered points in the 3rd quarter of the game.

*2001: Jets\Colts. *The 1-Point Miracle. Day before Christmas Eve, Testaverde's Jets, win 29-28 on a 40 yrd pass, with :58 left in the game!!

*2003: Jets\Colts. *Playoff Game. Jets eliminate Indianapolis with a 41-0 beating, as Pennington outshines Peyton.. going 20\25, with 3 TD's.

*2009: Jets\Colts. *The 14-0 Colts, cough up the "Perfect Season" -thus.. giftwraping a playoff-lifesaving victory to the Jets, by benching Manning.

FIXED..

*2011: Jets\Colts. *AFC Championship rematch from a year prior. Revenge comes swift!! Jets beat the Colts 17-16 with last second FG, to advance in playoffs.

.....BUMP.. add another Jets\Colts memory to the list!! :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: