DISCUSSION: General Deadline Thoughts

Weekes Head

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today might wind up being busier than tomorrow. I think everyone's tweaking and all the sellers will want picks and all the buyers will want their guys before someone else can get their hands on them.

On the Sportsnet/broken leg thing, I'm guessing that the dr. that examined Raffy said it looked like it was fractured from his precursory examination. Sportsnet ran with that... and then when the MRI proved differently they just thought it was Lou doing his sell job and stuck by the story.

Edited by Elias Sports Bureau

I don't know if this belongs in here, but I'll ask it anyway:

Does anyone know how long it takes TSN to send out their mobile alerts? I signed up for the service over the weekend so I could keep track of all the trading deadline drama (I probably won't be able to spend extended amounts of time here tomorrow) and I haven't received this trade yet.

I don't know if this belongs in here, but I'll ask it anyway:

Does anyone know how long it takes TSN to send out their mobile alerts? I signed up for the service over the weekend so I could keep track of all the trading deadline drama (I probably won't be able to spend extended amounts of time here tomorrow) and I haven't received this trade yet.

I signed up for it last year and the trades came insanely late...I mean, I thought I was going to be out for the day but as it turned out I stayed in and I'd get the trades on my cell like 30min to an hour after it was announced on the website.

Same for the e-mail. Someone said that it was next to useless to sign up.

So, next years second round goes something like:

1) NY Rangers

2) Washington

3) Washington

4) NY Rangers

5) Washington

Edited by Don Whiting

TSN used to unbelievable at the wireless messages, i had everything instantly, several messages a day (even useless info) , but now. If I get anything at all, it's usually late.

Heh, that's ALSO true. There were QUITE a few trades that I NEVER got!

I signed up for it last year and the trades came insanely late...I mean, I thought I was going to be out for the day but as it turned out I stayed in and I'd get the trades on my cell like 30min to an hour after it was announced on the website.

Thanks RD. I use Opera as my web browser and it has an auto-refresh option, so I'll probably just set the lovely NJDevs.com front page to refresh every 5 minutes or something like that. I don't think I'll be able to hang out in the trade thread, though.

Thanks RD. I use Opera as my web browser and it has an auto-refresh option, so I'll probably just set the lovely NJDevs.com front page to refresh every 5 minutes or something like that. I don't think I'll be able to hang out in the trade thread, though.

Don't worry, I'll be CONSTANTLY updating the Front Page (didja see how fast I got the Malakhov deal up there?) :P

A source I have with the Devils said she has just heard that Barnaby has been traded......wont be announced for a little while though.......

all i know is the rangers have 3 seconds in 2005, so i'm very interested in what is happening if there is not a season.

being that the powers that be most likely do not know...it might be some time before we find out.

either the same order as 2004, or some kind of lottery system. possibly weighted, or just random.

Well, Therien's pretty worthless, but Malakhov isn't much better these days.

I'm going to miss Devils skating around him as though he were a traffic cone.

I don't know why Dallas is doing this. Isn't their top six Numminen, Sweeney, Zubov, Klemm, Matvichuk, Boucher? Where does Therien fit in?

You're right on the top 6. Maybe they wanted Therien over John Erskine.

She doesnt know the team, just knows that his name went to the nhl's head office as all players involved in trades do, having to pass through trade conferences where Bettman signs off on them......

It will probably be a few hours before confirmation is leaked....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.