293 replies to this topic

#241 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,121 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:20 PM

Bettman is so clueless, he still doesn't understand the ramifications of what he's done. The guy leading the owners is the same guy that proposed widening the nets and put hockey in Nashville. They're following this clown, at least 8 of them.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#242 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:22 PM

We'll hear the tripe from both sides but please stop apologizing to the fans and the other workers. You and the PA don't care. You just don't so stop it.
Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#243 DevilsFans

DevilsFans

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:24 PM

"Owneres would have lost money with NHLPA accepting last offer, Owners didn't know that!" BS

Bettman is an idiot, he did not ask my opinion about whats going on! I want hockey!

#244 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,121 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:26 PM

he said owners would have lost money even at 42.5? is that what he said?
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#245 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,618 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:28 PM

When asked about the draft, he said it hasn't been addressed yet, that they have to get the other issues resolved before they thought about the draft.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#246 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:30 PM

The one thing I give Bettman credit for is his understanding that hockey is not one of the four major sports. The players don't understand that. What Bettman doesn't understand is that a cap is a MAXIMUM, not a MINIMUM. First of all, 3/5 of teams would be under it already. Second, teams (like the Devils) have spent incresingly more over the years to keep up with higher payroll teams. Now, if teams can no longer achieve such higher payrolls, teams like the Devils would still be spending in the mid to upper 30's. When the top comes down, so does the middle, and so does the bottom.

#247 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,618 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:32 PM

"There's no animosity with the union. I don't understand why they do some of the things they do, but I have to believe they they're doing what they think is right, and I respect that." (paraphrased) :rolleyes:
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

#248 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:40 PM

I am going on record right now as saying I am done.

I am on the players side but I have had enough with both of them. That they could not bridge a few million dollars to save the season makes me ill. It is a big F U to the fans from both sides. My ire grows listening to Bettman sounding certain that fans will come back. The ego drives me nuts. Just ask Selig what happened in baseball.

I still love hockey. I will continue to follow the Sound Tigers but my days of buying NHL tickets and Center Ice are over. They have shown they don't care about me and I will now show that I do not care about them.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#249 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,618 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:41 PM

Well, Brooks finally made himself heard. Lame question: "Why was there no Board of Governors' meeting?" Answer: "We didn't need one."

#250 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:44 PM

Well, Brooks finally made himself heard.  Lame question:  "Why was there no Board of Governors' meeting?"  Answer:  "We didn't need one."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will he ask the PA if a vote was held? Methinks not.
Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#251 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:51 PM

You know what's really sad here? I don't mean this sarcastically, either but some of you are genuinely saddened. :( Not to say I am not but I felt it was coming all along and they bascially strung everyone along for the ride and just dumped the carcasses on the side of the road with the insulting "apology".

Screw both sides, they don't care about the fans. After all the BS meetings of nothing then playing head games with each other at the last minute, who cares? Start over in late summer and let everyone get on with life because there is life outside of hockey. Players will be on the golf course in a matter of weeks, depending upon where they live and still living the high life.

Pllbbttt.
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#252 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:53 PM

Players will be on the golf course in a matter of weeks, depending upon where they live and still living the high life.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you mean business as usual for some teams? :whistling:
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#253 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,618 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:54 PM

I didn't catch who asked it, but this was a weird question: Is there a culture difference with Goodenow being Canadian and Bettman being American, with the PA's head office being in Toronto and the NHL's head office being in New York? :huh:

#254 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:58 PM

Players will be on the golf course in a matter of weeks, depending upon where they live and still living the high life.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you mean business as usual for some teams? :whistling:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: Yep! Why wait, though, some are booking Palm Beach as we speak!
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#255 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

"why should you and goodenow keep your jobs" has to be the best question ever.

How did he answer that one? I was distracted by some a$$hole knocking on my door.
Is that a Japanese configuration?

#256 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,504 posts

I liked the guy who seemed to be crying who asked when Bettman had last seen a hockey game. With his sobbing I expected him to pull a gun or something.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#257 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:08 PM

ESPN is showing the Devs-Philth game, salt in a wound, perhaps.

NHLPA conference scheduled for 4 p.m. and Lou Lams at 5 p.m., according to MSG.
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#258 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:35 PM

now both sides lose, the the NHL loses teams, the cap will be very low

bettman is scum, he's destroyed the game of hockey

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...........sigh...........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My sentiments exactly. I'm not exactly sure why I don't have 7 on ignore.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#259 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:36 PM

I am going on record right now as saying I am done.

I am on the players side but I have had enough with both of them. That they could not bridge a few million dollars to save the season makes me ill. It is a big F U to the fans from both sides. My ire grows listening to Bettman sounding certain that fans will come back. The ego drives me nuts. Just ask Selig what happened in baseball.

I still love hockey. I will continue to follow the Sound Tigers but my days of buying NHL tickets and Center Ice are over. They have shown they don't care about me and I will now show that I do not care about them.

Awww..... poor Petey needs to be loved.

Baseball misses me, I'm sure. I take it that you are leaving the board now since this is a board for an NHL team?
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#260 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:39 PM

Not at all Don. This board has sections for the AHL (which I will continue to follow) as well as an active off topic and politics section. The NHL, however, can kiss my ass.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users