ECF Tickets

Bartholomew Hunt

If the presale sold out rite away it better be all devils fans. I'd take that as great consolation for not even getting an email.

The fact the rags lost tonite should continue to keep the rag fans away from buying our tix. Now we just have to not resell to them and we are set.

Edited by devlman

If the presale sold out rite away it better be all devils fans. I'd take that as great consolation for not even getting an email.

The fact the rags lost tonite should continue to keep the rag fans away from buying our tix. Now we just have to not resell to them and we are set.

That's pretty much how the situation played out. All Devils fans, and the Capitals win tonight helps out a lot too going into tomorrow's last ticket sales. Not only that but the pre-sale email they sent out was even MORE pin-pointed than the one they did for the Flyers series. Copying and pasting this from the other website I read it at; these were the parameters and details of the pre-sale codes (although not 100% in all cases):

- individual presale codes, links and emails

- limit on the # that could be purchased

- removal of all emails from folks who bought any Rangers game this season, or in past seasons (keep in mind, there are Rangers fans who could have purchased for OTHER games this season (and not the Rangers game) - through single games or groups...no way to keep them out completely)

- smaller lists (e-news subscribers did not get them- only a streamlined list of past purchasers)

- Presale email sent today instead of tomorrow, to keep out anyone with uncertainty as to what would happen with the other series

So yeah, all that being said, those specific people bought out all but the 1000 remaining tickets for each game of the series, minus a few exceptions (expensive singles here and there, $300+). There's about a 98% chance they're all Devils fans. What happens on the StubHub and secondary market, we'll find out eventually, but it looks like a GREAT start.

Edited by DJ Eco

according to puck the media:

"NBC Sports Network tipped it’s hand toward when the final four of hockey will begin during it’s telecast of Game 6 between the Rangers and Capitals.

If the Rangers win tonight, Game 1 between New Jersey and New York would be on Saturday at 8 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network. Game 1 between Los Angeles and Phoenix would be on Sunday at 8 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network. That would seem to indicate that Game 1 between New Jersey and New York or Washington, should that series go seven, will take place next Monday at 8 p.m. ET."

http://puckthemedia.wordpress.com/2012/05/09/game-1-of-the-west-final-on-sunday-east-will-be-saturday-or-monday/

So it appears we'll be starting up again on Monday night with five days or rest going up against the winner of Saturday's game on 1 day of rest. Hope it's another 3OT!

That's pretty much how the situation played out. All Devils fans, and the Capitals win tonight helps out a lot too going into tomorrow's last ticket sales. Not only that but the pre-sale email they sent out was even MORE pin-pointed than the one they did for the Flyers series. Copying and pasting this from the other website I read it at; these were the parameters and details of the pre-sale codes (although not 100% in all cases):

- individual presale codes, links and emails

- limit on the # that could be purchased

- removal of all emails from folks who bought any Rangers game this season, or in past seasons (keep in mind, there are Rangers fans who could have purchased for OTHER games this season (and not the Rangers game) - through single games or groups...no way to keep them out completely)

- smaller lists (e-news subscribers did not get them- only a streamlined list of past purchasers)

- Presale email sent today instead of tomorrow, to keep out anyone with uncertainty as to what would happen with the other series

So yeah, all that being said, those specific people bought out all but the 1000 remaining tickets for each game of the series, minus a few exceptions (expensive singles here and there, $300+). There's about a 98% chance they're all Devils fans. What happens on the StubHub and secondary market, we'll find out eventually, but it looks like a GREAT start.

Sounds like they did a great job, then. I wont complain too much about not receiving an email. Its for the greater good!

Agree, but just saying, how many devils fans (like me) are priced out, only to be bought up by Rangers fans (if they win). It just makes it seem like they would rather make the $$$ rather than selling to Devils fans instead of opposition team. Hey, I don't blame them considering the financial state they are in, I was just saying that there will be quite a few devils fans that won't be able to make it and that void will be taken up by the probable Ranger fan imo.

You are right in some sense, and it will definitely lead to more blue being in the building. However, this team is a business and they need to maximize revenue as best they can. While a lot of Rangers fans will snatch up the tickets some Devils fans can't afford, there are also a good number of bandwagon Devils "fans" that want to go to an event, and a Devils-Rangers series is just that. IMO, the Devils have gone above and beyond to try to sell to Devils fans for Rounds 2 and 3 through the use of the dedicated pre-sales. It definitely worked well vs. Philly, and I hope it has the same affect this next round.

IMO, the Devils have gone above and beyond to try to sell to Devils fans for Rounds 2 and 3 through the use of the dedicated pre-sales. It definitely worked well vs. Philly, and I hope it has the same affect this next round.

You are right, and I think I am just a little bitter that I can't go, unless one of my companies vendors gives me club seats again

More than anything I think this shows the true value of buying a season ticket plan, even if it's only a 10 game flex plan or 5 game rookie plan, or whatever. By having any sort of priority for these events, insane prices and the hassle of buying online tickets are almost entirely eradicated. My seats for round 3 are $82 and guaranteed for every game rather than $141!!!

I only wish I would have bought 4 rather than 2 at the beginning of the playoffs.

Did you take those? Doesn't seem terrible to me.

Nah, I let them go. I'm not too interested in sitting that close to the glass in a corner. There's always the risk of a distorted view of the rest of the rink. All in all I dont think $269 is apocalyptic(ly) unreasonable, but it's a lot more than I'm willing to pay for extras.

Nah, I let them go. I'm not too interested in sitting that close to the glass in a corner. There's always the risk of a distorted view of the rest of the rink. All in all I dont think $269 is apocalyptic(ly) unreasonable, but it's a lot more than I'm willing to pay for extras.

Better than 150 a pop for the ALLLL THE WAY UPPERS

Better than 150 a pop for the ALLLL THE WAY UPPERS

True, but $150's are a lot easier to sell (to Devils fans or anyone else for that matter). I dont anticipate a large contingent of fans outside the rock looking to spend $300 or more per ticket. And at that point, you're barely making your money back, not worth the risk of being stuck with extra tickets.

I don't know what people are saying about tickets being sold out. Just went on ticket master and there were two tickets available in nosebleed for Home Game 1, albeit for $170 a pop.

Interesting. I just tried - no 2 tickets avail - just 1

Section9Row16Seats7

DescriptionPRICE LEVEL 2

TypeStandard AdmissionTicket PriceUS $481.00 x 1Convenience ChargeUS $9.50 x 1

SUBTOTAL*US $490.50