BOXING

NYGDevils32

Anybody pay attention to any boxing here? I usually watch the big fights on HBO, only bought one on PPV: De La Hoya/Mayweather.

I watch ESPN Friday Night Fights sometimes and Golden Golves on MSG.

There are some pretty big fights on HBO this summer, so consider this the "Official Boxing thread."

Lets see how many fans there are, if any.

I used to get PPV for all the big fights, but boxing has gone so far downhill that it barely interests me. I did watch De La Hoya when TSN replayed it....

I think Lennox Lewis should have continued... I think he could still be the champ today (not because he's the all time greatest, but rather because of the lack of competition in the heavyweight class). It would at least make it more interesting than the bums we have in the heavyweight division today. It's the other classes that actually have better fights these days. The heavyweight division is dead.

I watch Boxing when it's on HBO and VERSUS for free. Never pay-per-view. Same with UFC/WEC/Pride etc.

Did anyone see the Hasim Rahman fight the night of the NHL Awards Show...that was a sad commentary on the heavyweight division. It was more boring than pre-lockout hockey.

I was never into boxing at all until a little over a year ago I was flipping through the channels and on MSG I saw Duddy stepping into the ring and since I'm half-Irish I thought it was cool to see an Irish boxer. He knocked the dude out in one punch. Since then I have been a Duddy fan and have been watching boxing more often.

• 2 weeks later...

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING

Wladimir Klitschko (48-3, 43 KOs) VS. Lamon Brewster (33-3, 29 KOs) II

------

Date: 7/7/2007

Time: 5 PM EST

TV: HBO

------

This is the second fight between the two. Brewster TKO'd Klitschko in 2004, winning the heavyweight belt.

:fight: