Annoying Commercials Thread

gardenstatepkwy

Don't think I've seen this thread here.

American Express "Carrie Brownstein".  A woman who is talking on the phone while dressed like the Six Flags guy, eating a record, playing an odd musical instrument and on and on.  Hate it.

Obligatory "Somebody left the gate open".

USAA Insurance.  FORT BENNING GEORGIA IN NINE-TEEN NINETY NINE!  I lunge for the remote when I see this come on.

I'm sure I'll have many, many more.

I like the Carrie Brownstein commercial.

Agreed on the Coors Light.

I hate the DirecTV commercial where the guy's moving and his lazy, deadbeat friend (who owes him $500) gives him a bunch of tips about how to save money on his DirecTV and then goes (paraphrasing) "I've saved you more than $500!  Now you owe me money!"

Right around the time the deadbeat starts his celebratory dancing, I imagine going to town on the guy's face with a baseball bat...

...with nails sticking out of it...

...that explodes on contact.

I don't know if these are spammed during broadcasts like some other commercials, but I can't stand the progressive commercials with Flur (Sp?). That character just annoys the piss out of me.

I cannot stand listening to Flo sing. Of all the sh!tty Progressive commercials with her, I think that's the worst.

The Flo thing is definitely running its course...getting up there with the Geico cavemen. 

Wasn't a big fan of the Carrie Milbank hockey commercials either...the Staal one was really overplayed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else really dislike Schneider's girlfriend? Her attitude in that Pure Hockey commercial reminds me so much of my ex that I want to vomit

Absoultely. And the commercial implies at the end that she WANTED to go shopping with him.

Every commercial with annoying happy-go-lucky whistling, ukelele, indie-hipster group vocals as background musak. Im looking at you corporate america.

The new york rising communities one gets to me. The ny accent is to strong. "Neighba helping neighba, giving it sumoa (some more)

Similarly, the Ford (i think?) commercial with the clearly-fake new york accent with cliches about how living in new york makes you so special you should go out and buy a ford. Followed by the 'Got me got me looking for the next best thing' vocals

• 1 month later...

I have a new one thats been really pissing me off lately. Its the Infiniti commercial with the family thats driving someplace in the snow and a 60ish year old man smugly blurts out "I hope we make it. Have a 40 year old tradition to keep."

What tradition must they keep you may ask. Whats so important that this middle aged man with his annoying graphite pseudo wrap-around eye glasses and cab driver cap is lamenting over in the back seat of this car?? 

At the end of this commercial theres a kid putting an ornament on a tree and then someone hits a button and the tree lights up.  Wait. I may be mistaken but doesn't every Christmas celebrating family in the world have that tradition? Hanging sh!t on a tree and making it light up. Oh boy! Can't derail the all important tradition of decorating a tree for Christmas! It has to be done tonight! Right now! This ornament HAS to get on that tree and it MUST be lit up or else a 40 year old tradition of decorating a tree for Christmas will be lost!

I don't get this commercial on any level.  Nothing says Infiniti SUVs like driving in the snow to hang an ornament on a tree and lighting it up. Maybe the dude's awful looking glasses say Infiniti.  I do not know. Oh well.  Spoiler Alert: they kept the tradition alive.  Now seemingly 41 years old.  Until next year.

Edit: I found it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zoC1T-8PwE

I'd like to add that the grandpa's facial expression when the tree lights up at the end makes me want to mule kick him in the mouth.

Edited by gardenstatepkwy

The Brad Benson radio commercials are so annoying, I usually end up turning the radio off at that point. No, I dont care about some smart alec response to a current political topic.

They wer funny when they first started. But the schtick grew tiresome fairly quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Those are pretty annoying and yeah I have read tons of articles and reports over the years saying what a scam they are.

I mean, you do get the tax deduction the commercials promise.  And literally the ultimate beneficiaries are "kids", but it goes to support "awakening" programs for Orthodox Jewish (maybe even "Ultra-Orthodox") children in New York.  Not disclosing that specifically is probably about as far as you can go without crossing the line over to fraud.