2014 UFA Signing Thread

Devilsfan118

It's still not a good deal because Ryan is not a play driver and his best years are already behind him.  Please don't be so intellectually reductive as to compare everything to the Ryane Clowe deal either.

It's not the AAV.  It's the way the salary works and the length.  Ottawa will be shopping that deal around after 4 years of it - who will buy?

They just might (and I am not loving the deal at all) but along with Karlsson getting the C, it's a great day for the organization. It shows fans, current players, and potential free agents that they are going to try and be competitive. This team could not afford to lose Ryan this off-season. They gave him market value at least.

And Daniel, the Sens will be above Winnipeg. There are a lot of good young pieces to be excited about. They also have a generational talent on defense. 

So Brodeur is training with a junior team in Gatineau for now...

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2014/10/01/il-sentrainera-en-compagnie-de-juniors

What does the article say?  (loose/brief translation)

He is practicing/helping coach his son's team, Gatineau. 

I mean it is kind of funny, but if he still wants to play, he has to stay in game shape and practice somewhere.

He must be a God to those players (and with good reason).  Gotta be a thrill for them. 

That article seems to suggest that Lou and DeBoer kicked Brodeur out when we know in reality it was the other way around, but my French is probably not good enough to make that claim.

Wouldn't be surprised if that's how the French Canadians saw it. He's "one of them", so it's understandable. If a New Jersey kid who's a big Devils fan came to prominence playing for the Calgary flames the next 20 years and achieves unparalleled success, I think we'd feel some ownership too haha

Wouldn't be surprised if that's how the French Canadians saw it. He's "one of them", so it's understandable. If a New Jersey kid who's a big Devils fan came to prominence playing for the Calgary flames the next 20 years and achieves unparalleled success, I think we'd feel some ownership too haha

I guess, but if they watched every Devils game and saw how Marty played last year, I think they'd understand why the organization decided to move on.

That article seems to suggest that Lou and DeBoer kicked Brodeur out when we know in reality it was the other way around, but my French is probably not good enough to make that claim.

My french should be not too bad.. but damn this article was bad written (hopefully i will not make too much english mistakes in my sentence... that would be silly)

Anyway...

No the article doesn't rrrreally imply that Lou & DeBoer kicked him out... More than they had a chance to reunite father & son for one pre-season game but decide not to (not sure what game they are talking about .. probably last year) ... But they really don't talk about Marty situation with Devs 

This makes me wonder if Johnny Hockey grew up a Devils fan.

According to Chere, Marty was at Prudential Center to talk to Lou.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/10/rapid_reaction_devils_1.html

Cue the Marty is going to be re-signed hysteria.

The perfect job for Marty is juniors scout right now. He can follow his son around the league and send the Devils scouting reports back. It's win/win.

According to Chere, Marty was at Prudential Center to talk to Lou. 

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/10/rapid_reaction_devils_1.html

Cue the Marty is going to be re-signed hysteria.

As soon as that article was posted in the usual FB groups, everyone went apesh!t and saying stuff like "Mawty shoulda been re-signed!  We shoulda nevah left him go!"  SMH.

As soon as that article was posted in the usual FB groups, everyone went apesh!t and saying stuff like "Mawty shoulda been re-signed! We shoulda nevah left him go!" SMH.

Because the majority of fans that post in groups like that are clueless fvcksticks with a collective hockey IQ approaching 2.