New COACH THREAD!

HellOnICE

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with mmajeski06

CHERRY! CHERRY! CHERRY!

This dude would rock the Rock! And talk about taking NO sh!t!!!

cherrygreen.jpg

Other good candidates could be Paul MacLean or Brad McCrimmon from Detroit, but I think Lou will wait until the conference finals until at least getting into serious mode in hiring a coach. I would also look at Bob Boughner of Windsor Spitfires, Don Lever(former Devil and Hamilton Bulldogs Coach), Dave Lewis, (Trent Yawney, Matt Shaw or Jay Woodcroft {one of the San Jose Assistants}). I'd throw Andy Murray in the mix as well, he seems to emphasize a similar type of style that the Devils play. A dark horse could be John Anderson (former Thrasher coach and might attract Kovy back to NJ).

Other good candidates could be Paul MacLean or Brad McCrimmon from Detroit, but I think Lou will wait until the conference finals until at least getting into serious mode in hiring a coach. I would also look at Bob Boughner of Windsor Spitfires, Don Lever(former Devil and Hamilton Bulldogs Coach), Dave Lewis, (Trent Yawney, Matt Shaw or Jay Woodcroft {one of the San Jose Assistants}). I'd throw Andy Murray in the mix as well, he seems to emphasize a similar type of style that the Devils play. A dark horse could be John Anderson (former Thrasher coach and might attract Kovy back to NJ).

Bob Hartley is a bigger candidate than John Anderson. Andy Murray isn't a bad idea, as he did improve the blues PP by his third year. I don't ssee any others you mentioned being candidates.

per lou:

Lamoriello on the coach search: "When the final decision comes, it will be, certainly, someone who knows the personnel of this team."

maclean

hitchcock

NHL veteran coach

i think this says bye bye to haviland, boucher and any other random AHL coach that may have been mentioned.

per lou:

Lamoriello on the coach search: "When the final decision comes, it will be, certainly, someone who knows the personnel of this team."

maclean

hitchcock

NHL veteran coach

i think this says bye bye to haviland, boucher and any other random AHL coach that may have been mentioned.

You hit this one on the nose. No AHL coach will get the job over MacLean. The only other kind of coach that getss the job is an experienced NHL coach like Hitchcock, Murray, etc...

per lou:

maclean

hitchcock

NHL veteran coach

Lamoriello on the coaching situation: "There's no question Lemaire will be back as coach"

Do we ever learn? Come on.

Edited by David Puddy

Does anyone think Melrose looks like Col. Sanders on the evil opposite planet now?

kinda, here's his goatee a couple weeks ago.

melrose.jpgcolonelsanders.jpg

That would make sense really, cuz Bizarro Sanders would be slightly younger looking and have some black in his hair and instead of a Colonel he'd probably have the rank of oh, I don't know, Major a$$hole, but that's a whole different movie reference. e-drama.gif

Coach Jules Winfield?

Do I look like a bitch to you?!

If you can't respond to a thread without a valid Mighty Ducks reference then it isn't a topic worth starting a thread over I always say... smile.gif

quack