Line Predictions

Devils Pride 26

I see the waiver wire with a few of these names (Barch, Gionta/on it.  I think there will also be names on it (waiver wire) from a few other teams that folks will want to pick up.  Flyers are trying to make trades  (shed salary) but can't find takers.

Elias-Zajac-Ryder

Clowe-Loktionov-Jagr

Henrique-Josefson-Zubrus

Olesz-Carter-Bernier

Greene-Larsson

Merrill-Fayne

Salvador-Zidlicky

Schneider

Brodeur 

I'm hoping we can waive/trade Volchenkov while taking 50% of the contract

Edited by SMantzas

Gio did lead the team in hits last year. We don't hit alot either. We need someone doing that. Anton stopped being the tank from Ottawa. Clarky stopped the grit and went more offensive. We need a hitter. We would fair better hitting back instead of getting hit and not playing back.

One thing about hitting, the more you have the puck, the less opportunities you have to hit people.  I tend to view the game that Gionta sometimes would take himself out of position to be aggressive and make hits, even when it wasn't the best play to recover the puck.

One thing about hitting, the more you have the puck, the less opportunities you have to hit people.  I tend to view the game that Gionta sometimes would take himself out of position to be aggressive and make hits, even when it wasn't the best play to recover the puck.

Agreed. Leafs fans are always bragging about having the most hits but don't realize it's because they never have the puck!

While we're on the subject of hits. The hits/shots counter at the Rock is very stingy when it comes to these things. You have to pretty much pull a Janssen on Kaberle to get credit for one

I'm just gonna keep posting different line combinations whenever I think of ones that I like because why not? I'm pretty sure I'm on line combo #4.

Clowe-Zajac-Jagr

Henrique-Loktionov-Ryder

Zubrus-Elias-Bernier

Carter-Josefson-Gionta

I like the second line a lot, classic playmaker in the middle and two snipers on his wings.

This setup also takes care of the lack of righty shots playing RW.

Actaully I see Zubrus-Elias-Jagr line with the best chemistry line. For me it looks scarry. Size,skill,  playing style, same hockey IQ and experience. Creating space, playmaking and scoring touch in one line

ok I try mine :)

Clowe - Elias - Ryder

Henrique - Zajac - Jagr

Olesz - Loktionov - Zubrus

Carter - Josefson - Bernier

I Think Patty will play at center next season...

I think I like this combo the best and I agree, Elias at this stage is best suited for Center. Also you get what should be balanced firepower as well as defensive responsibility. My only question is how Loki will do without real top flight talent on his line. Though i do think Zubes can use his size and open up some space for the other guys. 

Clowe - Elias - Ryder

Henrique - Zajac - Jagr

I really like the look of those lines. I think that could really work. Loki should do fine with Olesz and Zubrus because while they're not "top flight talent" they're also not bottom line scrubs. That could be a dangerous line for opponents to underestimate.

Clowe - Elias - Ryder

Henrique - Zajac - Jagr

I think I like this combo the best and I agree, Elias at this stage is best suited for Center. Also you get what should be balanced firepower as well as defensive responsibility. My only question is how Loki will do without real top flight talent on his line. Though i do think Zubes can use his size and open up some space for the other guys. 

Why is Patty a lock for center? Yes, he played well at center when the team needed it and can play it again, but I think with how many center we have already;  Henrique, Zajac, Josefson, Carter, Loktionov.  Elias should be a wing.  Especially if we have Henrique, Zajac, and Loktionov can play on the top line with someone like Elias on their left wing.

Why is Patty a lock for center? Yes, he played well at center when the team needed it and can play it again, but I think with how many center we have already;  Henrique, Zajac, Josefson, Carter, Loktionov.  Elias should be a wing.  Especially if we have Henrique, Zajac, and Loktionov can play on the top line with someone like Elias on their left wing.

I don't think Patty is a lock for center but I do think that putting him in the middle and putting Henrique on the wing adds a whole new element/ number of line combination possibilities to the team.

I also think that Elias at center and Henrique on the wing* will benefit eachothers playing style.

Edited by Devs4LIFE

I would think a Clowe Zajac Ryder line would be great. Zajac would work great with Clowe and Ryder can be the finisher on that line.

Elias Loktionov Jagr

Clowe Zajac Ryder

Henrique Josefson Zubrus

Olesz Carter Bernier

*Pipe Dream*

Trade/Waive Volchenkov, Gionta, Tedenby, sign Grabo.

Elias Grabovski Jagr

Clowe Zajac Ryder

Henrique Loktionov Zubrus

Olesz/Josefson Carter Bernier

:dizzy:

Edited by Zubie#8

Nobody said he was a lock, but I think it comes down to Henrique and Elias. Looking at both of their games, Elias is a great defensive forward with great passing ability, while Henrique is a hard worker with a good shot. I like both of their games, respectively, with Henrique as a wing and Elias as a center.

• 4 weeks later...

I would think a Clowe Zajac Ryder line would be great. Zajac would work great with Clowe and Ryder can be the finisher on that line.

Elias Loktionov Jagr

Clowe Zajac Ryder

Henrique Josefson Zubrus

Olesz Carter Bernier

*Pipe Dream*

Trade/Waive Volchenkov, Gionta, Tedenby, sign Grabo.

Elias Grabovski Jagr

Clowe Zajac Ryder

Henrique Loktionov Zubrus

Olesz/Josefson Carter Bernier

:dizzy:

The pipe dream would be excellent and if not possible then I like the top choice. I think Elais Lokti and Jagr would be a great line and give other teams fits. The second line choice is solid. Can't wait to start the season.

Line predictions....my favorite game. I still think a trade is coming, but with the roster we have now I see the lines looking like this:

Elias-Zajac-Ryder

Henrique-Josefson-Jagr

Clowe-Loktionov-Zubrus

Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Extra:Barch/Olesz

So far this is the only set of lines that is even close to making sense.  Why would PDB break up our 4th line, because he went out and got Olesz?  Olesz hasn't even played a game in the NHL since 2011-12, where he played all of 6 games for the Hawks, then was sent down to the AHL. In 2 seasons with the IceHogs he played a total of 64 games, and had 60 points (24g - 36a).  I understand he doesn't have to be a prolific scorer, but why break up the chemistry Carter, Gio, and Berny have to test a experiment?  I think he does well in camp, but ends up in the AHL.  

In my opinion, this is how the lines will look on opening night:

Elias-Zajac-Ryder

Clowe-Henrique-Jagr

Josefson-Loktionov-Zubrus

Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Extra:Barch/Olesz

However I do expect that there will be a lot of moving guys around to find chemistry.  How those lines look, we will just have to wait and see.

The novelty of Carter-Gionta-Bernier has worn off by now though. Could you really say that they were all that good together last season? Olesz is an upgrade over Gionta no matter which way you look at it. He was buried in the AHL because of a big contract that was holding the Hawks back, not because he is not an NHL level player. Also 19 points in 14 games last season does look good, even if it was AHL.

I think there will be a lot of competition between Loktionov, Josefson, and Olesz to get a non-fourth line spot on the roster.

I could see something like this:

Elias-Zajac-Ryder

Clowe-Loktionov-Jagr

Henrique-Josefson-Zubrus

Olesz-Carter-Bernier

or

Elias-Zajac-Ryder

Clowe-Loktionov-Jagr

Olesz-Henrique-Zubrus

Carter-Josefson-Bernier

We all hope Josefson will get his shot centering the third line for an extended period, but you never know what PDB will decide.