Kovy may be returning soon

Legion15

I don't normally post and I may be shunned for this, but I think that Kovy being out was a blessing in disguise. Well let me rephrase that, winning while Kovy was out. For the past couple seasons I have noticed that guys tend to try to force the puck to Kovy (understandably so) but one guy can't be all of the offense. I think the offensive success while he is out will be a big confidence booster for the team as well as taking some of that offensive pressure off of Kovy. That being said I think the team will be that much better once he is back in the line up. I can't wait to see him back in the line-up to see if my theory holds up.

• Like 1

I don't normally post and I may be shunned for this, but I think that Kovy being out was a blessing in disguise. Well let me rephrase that, winning while Kovy was out. For the past couple seasons I have noticed that guys tend to try to force the puck to Kovy (understandably so) but one guy can't be all of the offense. I think the offensive success while he is out will be a big confidence booster for the team as well as taking some of that offensive pressure off of Kovy. That being said I think the team will be that much better once he is back in the line up. I can't wait to see him back in the line-up to see if my theory holds up.

that, plus we can hope that Kovy was watching and noting how this team can win. hopefully now he may have more confidence with us and will try to get everyone involved.. but stilllll attacking the net

its true but the coach should adjust the players, i mean since Kovy is in NJ he showed that he wants to become a better playmaker and that he's not selfish at all...

so i think its unfair to blame Kovy for that cause im pretty sure he's not even asking for it, obviously he wants to make a difference but he's trying to make more plays that finishing

its true but the coach should adjust the players, i mean since Kovy is in NJ he showed that he wants to become a better playmaker and that he's not selfish at all...

so i think its unfair to blame Kovy for that cause im pretty sure he's not even asking for it, obviously he wants to make a difference but he's trying to make more plays that finishing

absolutely agree, if anything Kovy has been forcing passes to zach and company. he needs to just fire the puck

:noclue:

No seriously, glad that he is healthy and back. I do hope that he was watching the games closely and taking notes. I hope he also saw that the team is ok without him and he should tone himself down and just do what he does best.....score.

Now also he should start to have his TOI decreased significantly. I am sure that didnt help his game.

Don't get me wrong, I am not blaming Kovy whatsoever! I am more blaming the rest of the team. I understand when you are skating with a player like Kovy, you want to get him the puck. However, you also have to have confidence in yourself that in some situations it's better to make a different look or even keep it yourself. I think once Kovy is back in the lineup things are going to mesh much better and offensively we will catch fire!

I don't normally post and I may be shunned for this,

No shunning. Good points. True and hopefully the TEAM will emerge with Ilya in there instead of being too 1 man minded.

Boston is not exactly the type of team I want Kovalchuk coming back again. He tends to struggle against trap teams or good counterstrike offenses.

Yeah, .... I don't think there is a team in the league I wouldn't WANT Ilya back in the lineup against.