curious about all of the special Devil nights in the past.

GIANTS79

Went to the game on Saturday and I enjoyed the ceremony for Caron.  The Devils have done a great of doing these over the years.  And it got me thinking about how many they've had.  I'm going to list the ones I know about or remember and I'd appreciate if you guys could chime in with ones I didn't list

the obvious ones are the 3 cups and 3 jerseys in which they gave out a banner for each and also had a nice photo insert for the 3 jersey retirements

I assume they had a ceremony in 88-89 for the Patrick banner when they gave that out but I don't know for sure.

Emrick night last year (also had a nice photo insert)

Caron (nice photo insert)

Daneyko night in 2004 (gave out a bobblehead)  many people thought he would get his jersey retired that ngiht and were disappointed it didn't happen (but looking back, I'm glad they waited 2 more years to retire #4 first)

Brodeur 552 night (gave out an all time wins goalie stick and a photo insert with all the victories on the back)

Was there a special night for Prudential Center when that opened in terms of pre game ceremonies, etc?  meadowlands when it closed?

are there any others they've had and if so what was given out at the game if anything?

I'd really like to see a Larry Robinson night and a Jacques Lemaire night (similar to the Caron and Emrick nights). and of course they'll have a night for Lou L one of these days.

From what I remember going to games over the past 20 years or so, they only started with those photo inserts the last 10 years or so.  Plus I really don't do much with them and are garbage to me.  Also I noticed on the Caron one a possible mistake where they list him one year playing in 10 games yet had over 4000 minutes.

There was no 88-89 banner as they didn't win it but they did give a banner out for the 1987-88 Patrick Division championship.  I have one and so do a few other members and they pop up on eBay from time to time.

Other than that I do not remember the Devils as giving out much.  I know for the 3 cup celebration they did back in the 2009-10 season they gave a poster for each cup night and thats about it.  However the Devils are not the most creative when it comes to these ceremonies and they often come across as gimicky.  Hell they even had two Daneyko nights (the one in 2004 and 2006) and I am pretty sure they had 2 Doc Emrick nights as well so they even repeat these nights.

Edited by DevsMan84

For Emrick I think they did have a night in 09 or 2010 when he made the HOF.  Not sure if they gave out anything.

I actually like the photo inserts.  (not as much as the banners and other items) but they are a nice collectible.  and to me the banners are pretty awesome as sga's when they have those nights.  The NHL seems to be the only sport to do that which is a great idea from whoever started that. 

when I said 88-89 I was saying in that season because it would have been Fall of 88 when that season opened in which they would have honored the 87-88 year.

and I do remember talking about those posters with another member, also in 03-04 I think they gave out a pin and card for each of the 3 cups.

Were you at the game on Saturday?  if you were, I was curious if you saw the part where they honored the lady at the box office and showed some fans raving about their experiences.  I was thinking about your comments about your bad experiences with them.

From what I remember going to games over the past 20 years or so, they only started with those photo inserts the last 10 years or so.  Plus I really don't do much with them and are garbage to me.  Also I noticed on the Caron one a possible mistake where they list him one year playing in 10 games yet had over 4000 minutes.

There was no 88-89 banner as they didn't win it but they did give a banner out for the 1987-88 Patrick Division championship.  I have one and so do a few other members and they pop up on eBay from time to time.

Other than that I do not remember the Devils as giving out much.  I know for the 3 cup celebration they did back in the 2009-10 season they gave a poster for each cup night and thats about it.  However the Devils are not the most creative when it comes to these ceremonies and they often come across as gimicky.  Hell they even had two Daneyko nights (the one in 2004 and 2006) and I am pretty sure they had 2 Doc Emrick nights as well so they even repeat these nights.

For Emrick I think they did have a night in 09 or 2010 when he made the HOF.  Not sure if they gave out anything.

I actually like the photo inserts.  (not as much as the banners and other items) but they are a nice collectible.  and to me the banners are pretty awesome as sga's when they have those nights.  The NHL seems to be the only sport to do that which is a great idea from whoever started that. 

when I said 88-89 I was saying in that season because it would have been Fall of 88 when that season opened in which they would have honored the 87-88 year.

and I do remember talking about those posters with another member, also in 03-04 I think they gave out a pin and card for each of the 3 cups.

Were you at the game on Saturday?  if you were, I was curious if you saw the part where they honored the lady at the box office and showed some fans raving about their experiences.  I was thinking about your comments about your bad experiences with them.

I saw that part too and they do they for a different staff member every game.  The best part is the "customer comment" about the person and often it seems as if the fan who is talking has never really met the employee.  It seems the Devils just send a camera crew out to the concourse, grab a random fan and stick a camera and mic in his face and have him say something nice about a random name they give them.

The box office at the Prudential Center is still piss-poor and on their best days are useless.  I have been both ignored and lied to by their staff and management and often met with a half-assed apology when I catch them in their lies or hypocrisy.

They suck.

Not a ceremony per say but they always do small things for players playing in their 1000th game. Last year there was a few with Patty, Zubrus, and maybe Sykora.

The best thing about all of these ceremonies is that it always involves a painting of some sort (whoop-de-do!) and some piece of jewlery, usually a watch (probably from Fords Jewelers and I am serious about this comment).  My buddies and I before every single one of these ceremonies try to guess what they give out as gifts and we are at the point now where we guess about 2/3, 3/4 or completely right.

that wouldn't surprise me about the fan, some people do anything they can to get on camera.

I saw that part too and they do they for a different staff member every game.  The best part is the "customer comment" about the person and often it seems as if the fan who is talking has never really met the employee.  It seems the Devils just send a camera crew out to the concourse, grab a random fan and stick a camera and mic in his face and have him say something nice about a random name they give them.

The box office at the Prudential Center is still piss-poor and on their best days are useless.  I have been both ignored and lied to by their staff and management and often met with a half-assed apology when I catch them in their lies or hypocrisy.

They suck.

The best thing about all of these ceremonies is that it always involves a painting of some sort (whoop-de-do!) and some piece of jewlery, usually a watch (probably from Fords Jewelers and I am serious about this comment).  My buddies and I before every single one of these ceremonies try to guess what they give out as gifts and we are at the point now where we guess about 2/3, 3/4 or completely right.

I mean, I can sorta buy knowing the name of a security guard if you go to enough games since they have nametags, but really who on earth would actually know the ticket person at the box office?!

Asbolutely no one.

I do have a select bunch of names that I do refer to them as though.

One you may have forgotten was a few years ago: I think there was a pre-game ceremony honoring the 2000 Stanley Cup-winning team. I think we were playing Dallas or something like that, and there were a good amount of players who flew in for the reunion... Might have been 2-3 years ago, in 2010??

Edited by DJ Eco

One you may have forgotten was a few years ago: I think there was a pre-game ceremony honoring the 2000 Stanley Cup-winning team. I think we were playing Dallas or something like that, and there were a good amount of players who flew in for the reunion... Might have been 2-3 years ago, in 2010??

That was part of the three Stanley Cup champs celebrations they had in the 2009-10 season.  They did the 95 team against the Red Wings, 2000 when we played Dallas and 2003 when we played the Ducks that year.  They had the 95 team walk on the red carpet outside in the plaza during a blizzard under a tiny tent lol.

Everyone got posters after the game for each one.  I went to all three and honestly I was not that impressed by the presentation the Devils did.

That was a tough playoff series, but for 06-07 I meant the final reg season game.  They would never have anything like that for the playoffs because it would be too distracting and you would never know when the final game is anyway unless it's game 7 of the cup and there is no way you can have a ceremony like that before a game like that.

I am surprised though that it seems the final reg game of 07 never gave any mention of CAA

I don't think there was any ceremonial outro for the CAA unless you consider Ottawa ousting us in 5 to be it... :( was at that game, too...

That was part of the three Stanley Cup champs celebrations they had in the 2009-10 season.  They did the 95 team against the Red Wings, 2000 when we played Dallas and 2003 when we played the Ducks that year.  They had the 95 team walk on the red carpet outside in the plaza during a blizzard under a tiny tent lol.

Everyone got posters after the game for each one.  I went to all three and honestly I was not that impressed by the presentation the Devils did.

In fairness, what more would you have liked to have seen?  If anything, I wouldn't want to see them go too crazy and venture into Rangerville, 1994-land. 

Anyone who remembers 2004 Daneyko night likely also remembers how amateur the Devils came off that night...Dano's mike cut out, and the whole thing just seemed kind of thrown together...at the time, it all felt kind of odd and off somehow.  The jersey retirement ceremonies show how far the Devils have come in that regard. 

In fairness, what more would you have liked to have seen? If anything, I wouldn't want to see them go too crazy and venture into Rangerville, 1994-land.

Anyone who remembers 2004 Daneyko night likely also remembers how amateur the Devils came off that night...Dano's mike cut out, and the whole thing just seemed kind of thrown together...at the time, it all felt kind of odd and off somehow. The jersey retirement ceremonies show how far the Devils have come in that regard.

I was a little disappointed with the amount of devils who showed up as well as appear on the video for each one. I know they are all busy but when less than half can say something then why bother? I wasn't expecting an hour long tearfest a la messier night for the rags, but it did come across as a way to get people in the building for games against teams we barely play once a year if at all.

I was at daneyko night in 2004 and it was awful. The bobble head did make up for it though. At least the devils do a fine job with the retirement nights but I could really do without the other ceremonies.

The posters were alright. Yeah, they were obviously a way to fill the arena on nights where it would have been empty, but it wasn't awful.

The 95 night was funny though. They had everyone walking that red carpet and the only people out there are huddled under that one little tent. I watched it from the 2nd level concourse, it was much more comfortable there, lol.

The posters were alright. Yeah, they were obviously a way to fill the arena on nights where it would have been empty, but it wasn't awful.

The 95 night was funny though. They had everyone walking that red carpet and the only people out there are huddled under that one little tent. I watched it from the 2nd level concourse, it was much more comfortable there, lol.

Haha that's where I watched it from too.  That tent couldnt have been bigger than either 6 x 6 feet.

Haha that's where I watched it from too. That tent couldnt have been bigger than either 6 x 6 feet.

I waited until they walked into the arena through the Verizon tower or whatever. There were only a few people down there. Finally got my Peluso jersey signed. I never thought I'd get that one haha

I waited until they walked into the arena through the Verizon tower or whatever. There were only a few people down there. Finally got my Peluso jersey signed. I never thought I'd get that one haha

lol nice and if I knew beforehand that Peluso was walking through there I might have waited.

I do still have my old white starter Peluso jersey that I got him to sign on the number back in the 95-96 season.