2014 UFA Signing Thread

Devilsfan118

Seriously?

The point of moving a forward would be to create space for one of the extra forwards we already have signed.

Shipping off Brunner/Ryder and then signing another forward (especially one as meh as Heatley) would be a lateral move at best, if not a counterproductive one.

The point of moving a forward would be to create space for one of the extra forwards we already have signed.

Shipping off Brunner/Ryder and then signing another forward (especially one as meh as Heatley) would be a lateral move at best, if not a counterproductive one.

I don't think Heatley is meh on a contract like Havlat, but that's just me.

I'm trying to look through the game logs, but can't find it at the moment. Not sure what I was thinking....maybe a dream. Either way (a little silly saying that now), he had a fairly short leash with Pete. He's not going to score much, but he still brings enough different things that I hope he is part of the team next season.

Yeah, very short leash for Josefson last season. I thought he looked very good with Zajac and Jagr, but the team started playing poorly and Pete had to put someone else in his spot to see if the offense would click. He played the next game (some of it on that same line), too, but the Blues shut the Devils out, and that was it for him on the line with Zajac and Jagr. Pretty disappointing, but I really hope they can find a full-time spot for him this year. He's got a lot of talent, but if he's not going to be given enough chances to develop it, it'll be wasted.

I don't think Heatley is meh on a contract like Havlat, but that's just me.

That is you.  Heatley is almost certainly finished.  He is a guy who only scores goals who can't get on the ice because he doesn't do anything good.  I mean, Havlat is probably done too, but at least he has a history with Elias and you can squint and see that he might've had a decent year last year.  If I'm a team desperate for offensive players (which NJ no longer is - I mean, they're not going to score a whole lot, but they have plenty of guys at Heatley's talent level), maybe I give him a tryout, but I think his days of being a useful NHLer are over.

I wonder if Lou has any appetite for Steve Ott?  I guess you can use all cliches, Heart/Soul guy, great in the room, sticks up for his teammates, great PK guy? He'll get $$$. 

I wonder if Lou has any appetite for Steve Ott?  I guess you can use all cliches, Heart/Soul guy, great in the room, sticks up for his teammates, great PK guy? He'll get $$$. 

read that Minny and Toronto are the 2 teams remaining on him

Thing I like about Heatley is that when Clowe or Havlat become injured, he can be moved up into their place. He may have fallen off, but he's managed to play most of the season. I believe Heatley even played on the PK in Min.

Heatley's main role is to be a triggerman, well, he failed pretty miserably at that averaging 1.5shots/game.  That's on par with Zubrus and Stephen Gionta who have other duties on the team

Thing I like about Heatley is that when Clowe or Havlat become injured, he can be moved up into their place. He may have fallen off, but he's managed to play most of the season. I believe Heatley even played on the PK in Min.

It's just the fact that we have too many forwards as is.  I have the feeling that Lou isn't ready to give up on both Ryder AND Brunner.  Maybe one, but Ryder would back more in terms of value I feel.  Maybe a 2nd or 3rd rounder if someone even wants him.  I could see Lou telling Brunner to get lost ala Olesz. 

It's just the fact that we have too many forwards as is.  I have the feeling that Lou isn't ready to give up on both Ryder AND Brunner.  Maybe one, but Ryder would back more in terms of value I feel.  Maybe a 2nd or 3rd rounder if someone even wants him.  I could see Lou telling Brunner to get lost ala Olesz. 

I should have mentioned that we should sign Heatley if someone is moved.

Isn't David Legwand still out there? Is he worth a look ?

Yes and yes. I would be happy signing either him or Ott. We are still a really weak team at center.

Ott, legwand, yip, moss, and matt greene are the only players left on my list who are still unsigned. Or did moss sign somewhere? Anyway they won't sign moss or yip anyway because we signed bernier and gionta. Greene, legwand and/or Ott would make this a better team though.

Edited by Bartholomew Hunt

wtv what that sources is worth... 7,600 followers... lets just take this as a "what if" kind of thing for discussion.

Source confirms to me that #Habs are amongst finalists for Radim Vrbata. However, they do not have the highest bid. Decision tomorrow.

#Habs latest offer for Radim Vrbata appears to be a 4 year deal worth $4.125M per season. Initial Habs offer was 3 years.

UFA F Dany Heatley is willing to accept a 1 year deal worth around $2M with the right team. In talks with #Jets #Penguins #Devils

would be be okay with giving Vrbata lets say... 4 years 4.5m or something lets say we're really in for him?

=======

per Josh Rimer

Just spoke w/ Radim Vrbata, "Nothing is gonna happen today probably. My agent is still taking to teams so I will have better idea tommorow."

Dany Heatley is only 33. Thought he was mich older..

Edited by slasher72

Yes and yes. I would be happy signing either him or Ott. We are still a really weak team at center.

Ott, legwand, yip, moss, and matt greene are the only players left on my list who are still unsigned. Or did moss sign somewhere? Anyway they won't sign moss or yip anyway because we signed bernier and gionta. Greene, legwand and/or Ott would make this a better team though.

would legwand produce more than brunner or ryder?