41 replies to this topic

#21 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:28 AM

At least this gives Nabokov more time to work on his writing. Maybe he'll write a sequel to "Lolita."

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#22 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:30 AM

I dont blame him, I wouldnt want to report to a team that has no chance either. Itd be funny to see if he would accept and report if NJ offered him something, not that we will.

The main purpose of this sport is to win, like other sports, and if you know that there is a 98% chance that that will not even come close to happening, why waste your time?

He will just float back overseas to SKA in a few days Im sure.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#23 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:50 AM

The Isles are actually a decent young team but they're not going to have any immediate success. nabokov not reporting just says to me that he doesn't feel his talents can help lift the team.
He also probably isn't that happy with sharing goaltending duties with DiPo. He played a tone of games per season in SJ.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#24 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:55 AM

Nabok said that he doesnt feel that he can offer the team anything or the team offer him anything. It is the wrong thing to do, not reporting, but I still dont blame him.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#25 madams9

madams9

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:28 PM

I dont blame him, I wouldnt want to report to a team that has no chance either. Itd be funny to see if he would accept and report if NJ offered him something, not that we will.

The main purpose of this sport is to win, like other sports, and if you know that there is a 98% chance that that will not even come close to happening, why waste your time?

He will just float back overseas to SKA in a few days Im sure.

He is getting played to paid to play hockey. Not everybody can win the cup, granted being on the bottom stinks. At the same time, 2nd place is still just the first looser.

#26 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:38 PM

he hung up on the GM.

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#27 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:50 PM

If I was him I wouldn't report either.

He only accepted the offer because he would have had the chance to compete, what reason would he have to go to the Islanders?

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#28 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:29 PM

Nabby's an idiot. He had the chance to use this season to play for another NHL contract next season and he probably blew it with his, "I'm better than the Islanders" routine. Your a hockey player, play hockey. I for one would love to get paid to play. Plus, the Islanders have a pretty good nucleus of young talent in Tavares, Baily and Okposo. Who's to say they can't go on a run in the second half with a decent goalie?

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,291 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:33 PM

Nabby's an idiot. He had the chance to use this season to play for another NHL contract next season and he probably blew it with his, "I'm better than the Islanders" routine. Your a hockey player, play hockey. I for one would love to get paid to play. Plus, the Islanders have a pretty good nucleus of young talent in Tavares, Baily and Okposo. Who's to say they can't go on a run in the second half with a decent goalie?

Mike

They had a decent goalie in Roloson and traded him to save $. Nabby tried to take the easy way out and now he is paying for it.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#30 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:59 PM

Nabs probably knew the whole deal about waivers. If he didn't want to take that chance then he shouldn't have wasted every one's time. He's had plenty of opportunities in SJ to show up and play like he wants a shot at the cup. Sounds to me like he just wanted to ride the coattails of the Wings considering they have a good shot at the cup.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#31 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:24 PM

What would be funny is if the Wings won the Cup this year. :giggle:

Or lost in the final on bad goaltending :giggle: .

#32 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,499 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:38 PM

They had a decent goalie in Roloson and traded him to save $. Nabby tried to take the easy way out and now he is paying for it.

They had the second worst record in the league WITH him :noclue:
They probably had a deal with Rollie to trade him if DiPo came back healthy...... NO ONE would have seen him getting hurt so quick after....really
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#33 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:52 PM

Roloson is 40 years old and that Poulin kid has been pretty solid. The problem is is that DiPo keeps getting hurt and so the Isles have to roll 3 goalies just in case. Now they've got Pulin and Nabby is being a little biatch!
Just play.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#34 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:43 PM

He knew he may be claimed....and was,so man the fvck up and go steal the money from the Islanders...other wise

sit the fvck home and do nothing....Do as your new owner say's little boy.....and play.
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#35 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:52 PM

If I was the Islanders, I would definitely screw him over next season
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#36 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:56 PM

They should trade him to the Oilers.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#37 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:25 PM

He only accepted the offer because he would have had the chance to compete, what reason would he have to go to the Islanders?

hes a pro hockey player. Its his JOB to play hockey be it with a bad team or good team. He knew the rules of coming back to the nhl,and going through waivers. He got claimed and is obligated to DO HIS JOB. Whoever defends him for not showing up and hanging up on the gm is clearly out of their mind and a total idiot.

#38 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:25 PM

hes a pro hockey player. Its his JOB to play hockey be it with a bad team or good team. He knew the rules of coming back to the nhl,and going through waivers. He got claimed and is obligated to DO HIS JOB. Whoever defends him for not showing up and hanging up on the gm is clearly out of their mind and a total idiot.

#39 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:24 AM

I am not going to get into this stupid name calling again.

Look at it this way, he has no desire to play on the Island, he doesn't want to go, if he is forced to what sort of attitude will that bring to your lockeroom? will he be able to preforfm to a decent standard? will he even want to? I wouldn't want that anywhere near my team (see Langenbrunner, Jamie).

Its not his fault he doesn't want to play there, no sane hockey player does at the moment if they have a choice. Why would he place himself in a situation whee he is not going to be happy.

The Islanders were foolish to think that if they claimed him he would just show up, they should have passed over him like everyone else should have. This would have happend if any other team had claimed him as well i suspect.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#40 puckrock

puckrock

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:29 AM

The Islanders were foolish to think that if they claimed him he would just show up, they should have passed over him like everyone else should have. This would have happend if any other team had claimed him as well i suspect.

Exactly. It was highly publicized that Nabokov had already signed a contract with the Red Wings. Now, bearing that in mind, it doesn't matter how great of an addition to your team you feel he could be, it's obvious he has already made a decision on his future. The respectful thing for any GM to do in that instance is just let him go through waivers and sign with Detroit. I don't think he would have reported to any of the other teams regardless of their position in the standings. Kind of a bush-league move by Snow.
This is my 2012 Playoff signature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users