Devils getting rid of R&R part 2 as their goal song?

DevsMan84

They're trying to phase out the "you suck", it's kind of lame that the fans do that...but still it is ours, a unique thing that they do. The fact that it's a Gary Glitter song doesn't help either

Isles got rid of Rock and Roll part 1 and their fans are still upset over that.

They'll pick a new song, it'll be lame, fans won't get into it...maybe they'll go back to R&R part 2, maybe they won't.

Edited by '7'

They're trying to phase out the "you suck", it's kind of lame that the fans do that...but still it is ours, a unique thing that they do. The fact that it's a Gary Glitter song doesn't help either

Isles got rid of Rock and Roll part 1 and their fans are still upset over that.

They'll pick a new song, it'll be lame, fans won't get into it...maybe they'll go back to R&R part 2, maybe they won't.

Actually, Nashville and NYI did the "you suck" before us.

I've always been a big fan of Ole, and I don't think it was as hated as some made it out to be.

I'll be happy as long as it's not Zombie Nation or Crowd Chant. Make it a cool Jersey band a la Bouncing Souls or Gaslight Anthem. Preferably not Bon Jovi.

I'm all about some Gaslight but what song would be appropriate to celebrate a goal? I can't think of one.

I'm all about some Gaslight but what song would be appropriate to celebrate a goal? I can't think of one.

Not really sure honestly, just was thinking cool NJ rock bands. Maybe we'll get lucky and the Devils will have commissioned Gaslight Anthem to write a goal song for 'em. (HAH! I can dream though, right?)

I hope they change it just so people can stop acting like "suck" is some horrible word. I hope they choose a song that no one else uses.

Rev Theory's Hell Yeah is adequate. Or even Limp Bizkit's Rollin'.

Now I want to watch some Blue Mountain State! I'd be fine with either of these though.

Pantera: Walk
or
Faith No More: We Care A Lot except we'll yell "You SUCK A LOT!" ;)

Sent from my Galaxy TAB using Tapatalk 2

Would definitely support some Pantera.

Maybe some Bruce or Anthem? I wish they'd update the goal horn too, something like Washington's. Love that siren

I love Washington's goal horn / siren too but I would bet a paycheck that the majority of our fanbase would be up in arms if we had something like that. It's not very popular I don't think.

Not really sure honestly, just was thinking cool NJ rock bands. Maybe we'll get lucky and the Devils will have commissioned Gaslight Anthem to write a goal song for 'em. (HAH! I can dream though, right?)

Haha that would be amazing.

Rock and Roll Part 2 was great until morons ruined it with the 'You suck!' chant. NHL Network showed the 2003 Cup Finals Game 7 recently and I was surprised to not hear anything after Hey! when Rupp scored. I know no song will compare but hopefully whatever they come up with can't have 'You suck!' easily appended to it.

• Like 1

Rock and Roll Part 2 was great until morons ruined it with the 'You suck!' chant. NHL Network showed the 2003 Cup Finals Game 7 recently and I was surprised to not hear anything after Hey! when Rupp scored. I know no song will compare but hopefully whatever they come up with can't have 'You suck!' easily appended to it.

Celebrating a gigantic goal without "You Suck" at the end? I don't understand.

I'm in the same boat as you. The chant is ridiculous.I'm all for the crowd chanting in unison  It turns celebrating a positive into a negative.

It diminishes anything the Devils do because apparently when they score it only happens against a team that sucks. It doesn't matter if they advance to the Finals, or barely stay alive in Game 6 of the 1st round, or score the 1st goal in game 5 of the Cup Finals but find themselves down 3-1 in the series still. It doesn't matter if they are playing the best team in the league losing 4-1 or the worst team down 4-1. The first thing the crowd chants is that the other team sucks. And if the Devils happen to be beating on some random team, say 5-1, what's the point of chanting 'You Suck" at them with such glee. 

Going back to what Tri said, here is one of the great goals in Devils history. The insurance goal against the Ducks. Does anyone hear this great moment and go "Man, the Devils are about to win the Cup, what an incredible moment, but I really wish the crowd was telling the the Ducks players how much they suck."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYUuLPj8zXg

Edited by devilsrule33
  • Like 1

Tri and DR33 are right on the money on this one. I was in favor of bringing back the Hey Song a few years back, but the idiots ruined it with the classless You Suck. I cringe at it, especially when I've brought people to games who aren't suspecting it. Get rid of the song already.

Bring back Ole, I think people are underestimating how people responded to that tune. I know I liked it.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/J6Z5TPBAh-M

Edited by HellOnICE