GDT- Devils @ Thrashers 8 PM

Derlique

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't help that Greene looked like he was 40 years old for the second straight game, watching a Jet player blow by him - and in this case one that really shouldn't be blowing by him.  So much for his Norris candidacy lol

Who cares, the goalie was stuck on the opposite side of the net.    Yeah, I'd like a clearout there, but Greene isn't doing it, and the first thing I'd be doing is staring in amazement at what my goalie just did.

Which devils dman could even.... Come close to do what big buf did? None.

Awesome, the Jets must be the better than the Devils then.

Where is there this idea that Byfuglien is slow?  He's one of the fastest players in the league.  He just has low acceleration.  Kovalchuk should've been around to at least steer him a bit farther outside in the neutral zone, but he wasn't.

Where is there this idea that Byfuglien is slow?  He's one of the fastest players in the league.  He just has low acceleration.  Kovalchuk should've been around to at least steer him a bit farther outside in the neutral zone, but he wasn't.

Fat is supposed to = slow, I guess.   The way I see it, Fat = more momentum when you get going and who is going to get in the way of that.

Where is there this idea that Byfuglien is slow? He's one of the fastest players in the league. He just has low acceleration. Kovalchuk should've been around to at least steer him a bit farther outside in the neutral zone, but he wasn't.

Mmm i dont get the link between what i said and what you replied ? Never said he was slow Edited by SterioDesign

I dont get the overreaction. Yes its a slump, slumps are pretty damn common for most teams,  better we have one now than later in the year. Ottawa, Toronto are not going to keep their current pace up and the conference is not really running away from us at the moment. Devils are not playing that BADLY, if they could finish any of these last few games they would have won them. Everyone step off the ledge. If they can beat Buffalo and Toronto then thats a successful road trip and a starting point to get over this bad stretch. If not then I will start worrying. Carter should help out a little when he comes back. I also cannot wait for Zubrus to be healthy.

EDIT: I apologize for my post before this, NHL standings were all fudged up on nhl.com.

Edited by Zubie#8

I dont get the overreaction. Yes its a slump, slumps are pretty damn common for most teams,  better we have one now than later in the year. Ottawa, Toronto are not going to keep their current pace up 

Anyone can keep their current pace up in a 48-game season that's almost half over now.  And if you're in it at the trade deadline, hello deadline acquisitions.

That's the issue, it's not that the Devils are in a bad position now, but another few bad results and they quickly will be in a free-for-all fighting for the last playoff spot with like seven other teams.

Mmm i dont get the link between what i said and what you replied ? Never said he was slow

The first line was addressed to you - sorry.  The rest was addressed to whoever thought Greene shouldn't be beat wide by Byfuglien.  Byfuglien was FLYING.  

The fact still remains, Moose played well enough for us to win tonight. I don't blame him at all for this loss, we need to start finishing. The PK showed some signs of life as well. Matteau had a pretty good game, Loktionov keeps impressing, our stars will soon wake up...but Butler doesnt look good at all lately. I always thought in order for him to succeed on this team he needs to be on a line with Zubrus and Elias.

Edited by Zubie#8

Butler's done here.  Kovy was double-shifting for him and Pete got testy in the postgame when asked about his benching.  Other than the one game against the Pens I don't think he even has a point in double-digit games.

Lokti earned his way up the food chain, Butler and others haven't.

Fantastic job by Loktionov for his goal! I'm really liking the speed he has shown to create scoring chances and the way he created space for himself. Great play by Ponikarovsky to chip that puck back to Tallinder behind the net and get himself open for the return pass to break it out of the zone to Loktionov.

I like that Salvador and Zidlicky were broken up but Greene and Larsson were able to stick together. The Devils played better as soon as Fayne and Tallinder could help out Salvador and Zidlicky respectively. Zidlicky was really garbage tonight though.

Byfuglien owned the Devils on the 2nd Ladd goal. Complete domination on that play. At least the Devils PK was good tonight outside of Gionta's penalty. Matteau has shown glimpses of what he is to become in the future. Add more muscle and time to get used to the NHL and he should be a solid player down the road.

Wish we had no injuries. :(....

Other teams, the Sens for example, are way worse off than we are and still are doing good. However, I thought the game last night was much better than the games before that, so I think we're heading in the right direction. Buffalo is almost a must-win, though. If we don't win against the Sabres, who are we gonna beat?

The first line was addressed to you - sorry.  The rest was addressed to whoever thought Greene shouldn't be beat wide by Byfuglien.  Byfuglien was FLYING.

he WAS. henrique got toasted!!  couldnt even get a stick near him on the back check (possibly the end of shift for adam)  greene just got caught without any momentum.  I think we know why Atrain was scratched against this team. Kane is a handful! super talent, 10 cent head!

how many times did we pass or shoot into a jet shin guard? 40???

Sometimes you have to look at the overall picture, hard as it may be to do at times.

10-6-4.  I'm guessing based on losing Parise and not having Henrique for a while, among other things, most of us probably would've signed up for that. 

But now that the losses are coming, and the offense isn't, guys like Zajac are going to start hearing about their lack of production.  Points clearly aren't everything, but the two assists thing is mind-blowing.  At this point, I'd expect him to have five or so by accident.