GDT: Minnesota @ Devils 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

Many of the people who boo do it more in good fun than anything. Not many fans truly hate the guy. Also, besides him and Gomez, which other player who left got booed? Gomez got booed because he signed with the Rags. There is a reason why Zach is getting booed. He kept talking during the season as of he wanted to stay.

None of Rafalski, Gionta, Martin, Madden, or Niedermayer got booed. Nieds got booed a little bit, but not that much.

Holik got booed and rightfully so at the time. Ill never forget seeing two Devils fans dump bags of fake money on him when he first walked out of the tunnel as a visitor. I wish I had that on video. It was amazing.

Many of the people who boo do it more in good fun than anything.  Not many fans truly hate the guy.  Also, besides him and Gomez, which other player who left got booed? Gomez got booed because he signed with the Rags.  There is a reason why Zach is getting booed.  He kept talking during the season as of he wanted to stay.

None of Rafalski, Gionta, Martin, Madden, or Niedermayer got booed.  Nieds got booed a little bit, but not that much.

Brendan Shanahan got booed on opening night 1991. There were fans waving money at him. It was a different fanbase back then, but people were very, very upset even with Scott Stevens a Devil.

Holik got booed and rightfully so at the time. Ill never forget seeing two Devils fans dump bags of fake money on him when he first walked out of the tunnel as a visitor. I wish I had that on video. It was amazing.

Holik makes sense.

Brendan Shanahan got booed on opening night 1991. There were fans waving money at him. It was a different fanbase back then, but people were very, very upset even with Scott Stevens a Devil.

Throw in the fact that Stevens didn't want to be a Devil, you're gonna have an upset fanbase.  Of course, I was only 3 years old, and have zero memory of the situation.

there was a whole big contractual thing when he left to go to the khl.. thats why some people think it was a set up and discussed thing between him and lou.. good for him because he wanted to go home good for the team to get out of that contract.. i wouldnt be surprised if we saw him on this team again one day.. to be honest i wouldnt mind either

when the maven mentioned kovalchuk, they said that the devils own his rights. can someone explain this further. also they mentioned we get compensation... :mellow:

I think that if he were to come back, he was to wait at least 2 more years.

there was a whole big contractual thing when he left to go to the khl.. thats why some people think it was a set up and discussed thing between him and lou.. good for him because he wanted to go home good for the team to get out of that contract.. i wouldnt be surprised if we saw him on this team again one day.. to be honest i wouldnt mind either

I wouldn't either.  But so many Devils fans have said they'd stop being a Devils fan if Lou brings him back.

Holik makes sense.

Throw in the fact that Stevens didn't want to be a Devil, you're gonna have an upset fanbase.  Of course, I was only 3 years old, and have zero memory of the situation.

I don't disagree that Stevens attitude didn't help things, but Shanahan was the team's most popular player, he was young and charismatic and just coming into his own as a power forward. People loved him. That Summer, Lamoriello was almost certain he'd be back and in the end, he chased the ridiculous money St Louis gave him. When he left, no one even guessed that Stevens would be the eventual compensation and it took until September for Stevens to report and accept his fate at that. There was fear that Lamoriello would have to trade Stevens, too. It was a very scary time for this franchise for a few months, i mean the whole course of the Devils could have been much. much different.

Edited by TheRedStorm

Cory has to be better then that. If he wants to be the man he can't let garbage in like that.

Volchenkov actually saved this game from being tied, because CS was out of position and that was going in had it gotten past Volchenkov.