Devils Twitter Policy Changed?

oofrostonoo

So this morning the Devils official twitter tweeted out asking followers to help Mattaeu to 3,000 followers... I thought no big deal, he's just a prospect. Then a few minutes ago @BryceSalvador was being promoted by the NHL.

Maybe Bryce had a Twitter account written into his 3 year contract?

This is a slippery slope Lou!

Edited by oofrostonoo

There are a bunch of Devils' prospects who have one (and who had one before they were drafted). I suspect it's a recognition of the new media world, but like ZGF said, I wouldn't be surprised if they all go dark when training camp starts.

Prospects and AHL players have always had them. Remember Mike McKenna broke the news he was being called up late in the night and the next morning his twitter account was gone?

A lot of professional athletes get in trouble with twitter, but if educated properly it's an incredible marketing tool for organizations. Not that I see Bryce Salvador's twitter being all that exciting. Probably being used in connection with some business he is part owner of. Here's hoping to a few more twitter accounts popping up.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

Many of you asked me today about @brycesalvador. It is his official Twitter account, but says he has no plans to post on it.

Brilliant.

Edit: Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

@brycesalvador said he established the account because people were posting on imposter accounts in his name and he wanted to end that.

Edited by devilsrule33

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

Many of you asked me today about @brycesalvador. It is his official Twitter account, but says he has no plans to post on it.

Brilliant.

Edit: Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

@brycesalvador said he established the account because people were posting on imposter accounts in his name and he wanted to end that.

Lou: "You can have a twitter, you just can't tweet."

Apparently, no, it hasn't changed. From his GF's twitter account...

Alexe@AlexeAudetThis is stefan matteau. I am officially off of twitter. #RIP#SadSadDay...

Expand

The Devils twitter account was trying to help him get more followers. Maybe Lou decided that was a no-no LOL

It all happened so fast, was it every really him? We'll never know..... :unsure:

Its a bit weird they made Matteau get off twitter, a lot of the prospects drafted the past 2 years have them and are active.

Yeah unless he committed a Lou no-no...or they're thinking of signing him right off. Wedgewood had to ditch his twitter shortly before the Devils signed him.

And if people still wonder why Lou's such a Twitter Nazi, just look at the Janssen thread. Twitter makes it even more tempting for people to say something stupid or easier to say something that gets misconstrued.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Its a bit weird they made Matteau get off twitter, a lot of the prospects drafted the past 2 years have them and are active.

I also find it odd too. Even the Devils twitter account was trying to get him to 3k followers. It almost seems as soon as he got 3k followers a few hours later...boom gone. I highly doubt Lou got on the phone and told him to shut it down. Dude is 2+ years away from a NHL career. Makes no sense. Also weird no explanation when he posted that from his GF's acct.

Edited by Coorslight