Slava Fetisov on Daily Show Wednesday 3/4/15

grcenter47

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/daily-shows-jon-stewart-to-interview-hockey-icon-slava-fetisov/

Daily Show’s Jon Stewart to interview hockey icon Slava Fetisov
THN_AdamProteau_TOP1-150x150.jpg
By: Adam Proteau on  March 2, 2015
Filed under: CelebritiesInternational HockeyNewsVideo
6814-15_7-640x427.jpg
Viacheslav Fetisov (Sony Pictures Classics)

Daily Show host Jon Stewart recently announced he’ll be leaving his iconic post as host of the nightly series this year, but on Wednesday, he’ll have on retired hockey great Slava Fetisov and they’ll discuss the new documentary Red Army:

The 56-year-old Hockey Hall-of-Famer has a central role in Red Army, which chronicles the rise and fall of one of the hockey juggernauts of the former Soviet Union. The film has been playing in select North American markets since January, to a sea of critical acclaim.

Can't argue with that. Plus I never found Stewart to be all that funny. Quite possibly the most overrated television show of the last decade or so.

While his views are undoubtedly liberal, Stewart isn't nearly the liberal activist that Fox News makes him out to be in their attempt to equate his influence and responsibility to that of a true news organization. He's not even close to being the overt propaganda machine that they are.

He's also in no way overrated. He's easily the most influential and universally loved late night talk show host since Johnny Carson.

While his views are undoubtedly liberal, Stewart isn't nearly the liberal activist that Fox News makes him out to be in their attempt to equate his influence and responsibility to that of a true news organization. He's not even close to being the overt propaganda machine that they are.

He's also in no way overrated. He's easily the most influential and universally loved late night talk show host since Johnny Carson.

I am not going to compare Fox News to the Daily Show.  Both have their agendas on opposite ends of the spectrum so this would be a never-ending debate.

What is concerning is there were a few surveys done a couple years back asking where those in the 18-39ish age range get their news from.  Outside of the Internet and social media, the Daily Show was next on the list.  Yes, young adults put a fake comedy news program ahead of other traditional media.

Also Stewart is very overrated.  A large majority of his "comedy" is lines fed to him by a teleprompter.  He wasn't that great of a comedian before and he won't do much afterwards.  I would also argue that for the first few years he was being propped up by Colbert and Carrell with the later being far more successful in his career post Daily Show.

However I might watch tonight because it is Slava.  Would be interesting to hear what he says.

Im a big political guy and I absolutely love the Daily Show and loved the Colbert Report. Nothing wrong with good political humor no matter what side you are on.

I consider myself a moderate republican and I even think Fox News is garbage . This country would be better off without that channel.

I am not going to compare Fox News to the Daily Show. Both have their agendas on opposite ends of the spectrum so this would be a never-ending debate.

What is concerning is there were a few surveys done a couple years back asking where those in the 18-39ish age range get their news from. Outside of the Internet and social media, the Daily Show was next on the list. Yes, young adults put a fake comedy news program ahead of other traditional media.

Also Stewart is very overrated. A large majority of his "comedy" is lines fed to him by a teleprompter. He wasn't that great of a comedian before and he won't do much afterwards. I would also argue that for the first few years he was being propped up by Colbert and Carrell with the later being far more successful in his career post Daily Show.

However I might watch tonight because it is Slava. Would be interesting to hear what he says.

I have no interest in debating the merits of Fox news either since like you say that's a debate that goes on forever, but I have to disagree with your assessment of Stewart. Whether most of his show's bits are written for him or not, he's still a very intelligent and funny person. I've seen him appear on many other shows, mostly news programs, where he's absolutely hilarious and can outsmart most of the hosts of those shows. A great example is when he was a guest on crossfire in 2004 I think it was, he was great and completely tore apart Tucker Carlson.

Just think it's cool that even if it's indirect, the Devils and hockey in general, not to mention an interesting story, got some exposure to a wider audience.

As for Stewart, I think he's a bit overrated, and ultimately too PC. I've grown to hate virtually all political humor and commentary in general, so I'm probably not the target audience for any of those guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lol.

Moron.

Why is this necessary? There's no need to call him a moron.

The show clearly has a liberal bias, albeit one that has no business being placed on a pedestal as some sort of equal counterweight to Fox News' clear conservative bias, and if you're on the opposite end of the political spectrum it's possible that the show would be unappealing.

Maybe you can say he has no sense of humor since you pretty much have to lack one to not enjoy the Daily Show, but stooping to name calling over a difference in politics is the exact thing that Jon Stewart railed against in the clip I posted as well as his entire career hosting his show.

Edited by ATLL765

Why is this necessary? There's no need to call him a moron.

The show clearly has a liberal bias, albeit one that has no business being placed on a pedestal as some sort of equal counterweight to Fox News' clear conservative bias, and if you're on the opposite end of the political spectrum it's possible that the show would be unappealing.

Maybe you can say he has no sense of humor since you pretty much have to lack one to not enjoy the Daily Show, but stooping to name calling over a difference in politics is the exact thing that Jon Stewart railed against in the clip I posted as well as his entire career hosting his show.

Hey thanks for defending me. Not that I dont have a sense of humor, its more that many people use him as a reliable source for news when clearly hes not. Some people take his word as gospel and not that of a comedian.