1787 replies to this topic

#1461 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,507 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

The Jets coached this football game the way the replacement refs administered games the first three weeks, absolutely awful. They couldn't even resist a cutsie play with Tebow trying a swing to Cromartie on the last drive that nearly got picked. For all the bull**** substitutions and nonsense, they scored ten offensive points today. For better or worse they need A identity.

lol fitting ending with Sanchez getting a dink pass batted down...he gets so may passes rejected you'd think Hakeem Olajuwon was out there.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1462 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

I didn't see Tebow throwing any ball on the last series? How about using Tebow as a QB and not a glorified running back on these option plays. I know many would say he is a glorified running back, but he has throwing capabilities too.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1463 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,507 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

The last 'real' series, they had a draw play on first down for eight yards, then on 2nd and 2 it took them forever to get the play in (darn near had a delay of game or used their last timeout), they ran Tebow under center and had Cromartie sprint across the field to try to get a swing pass but it got deflected away. Third down they got the first down on a short pass with Sanchez but soon after came the INT.

They did use Tebow to throw early in the game once, amazingly enough he put it on the hands deep but scrub Jason Hill dropped what could have been a TD.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 08 October 2012 - 11:08 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#1464 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:12 PM

The last 'real' series, they had a draw play on first down for eight yards, then on 2nd and 2 it took them forever to get the play in (darn near had a delay of game or used their last timeout), they ran Tebow under center and had Cromartie sprint across the field to try to get a swing pass but it got deflected away. Third down they got the first down on a short pass with Sanchez but soon after came the INT.

They did use Tebow to throw early in the game once, amazingly enough he put it on the hands deep but scrub Jason Hill dropped what could have been a TD.

I know what play you are talking about, but Sanchez threw that ball.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1465 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

The Jets were late with the plays and the substitutions because our WR's that know the plays consist of Kerley, Chaz.. and that's where it ends. Gates left with an injury at the end of the 1st quarter, and Hill has had all of 3 days to learn the system.
As thin as the receiving corps already is, losing Gates crippled us completely. Having only 3 WR's for the remainder of the game, 2 who are really acclimated with the system, kills 20% of the playbook.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#1466 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,507 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

The boxscore says Tebow was 0-1, I guess you're right. That's how fvcked up this offense is, I can't even keep track of this gadget BS anymore. Maybe they had Tebow on the field and ran him off, there was definitely confusion on the play.

The worst call of all was that stupid shotgun to McKnight earlier in the quarter with nobody else in the backfield and he lost nine yards. As if there was ANY chance of McKnight doing something other than running, at least if you put another RB back there they have to think about options. Then they got a screen where amazingly they got the first down. Then another bs run by Tebow into the line for no yards.

The Jets were late with the plays and the substitutions because our WR's that know the plays consist of Kerley, Chaz.. and that's where it ends. Gates left with an injury at the end of the 1st quarter, and Hill has had all of 3 days to learn the system.
As thin as the receiving corps already is, losing Gates crippled us completely. Having only 3 WR's for the remainder of the game, 2 who are really acclimated with the system, kills 20% of the playbook.

Having five hundred substitutions on every Sanchez to Tebow play and trying to outsmart everyone also leads to chaos on the field. ESPECIALLY with all the stuff you mentioned they shouldn't be trying to reinvent the wheel on offense. As many problems as I had with Schotty, I don't remember an offense being this disorganized and Sparano was a head coach in the league. Basic coaching 101 - you simplify it when you don't have people who know the offense, not throw out five hundred NEW things.

#1467 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

fvck YOU SPARANO, fvck YOU REX, fvck YOU WOODY, fvck YOU TANNY.

I'm sick of this bullsh!t. No need for that fvcking onsides kick. NO need. The OL can't hold sh!t, and the first pick was their fault. The receivers can't catch a cold naked in Antarctica. The second pick in on Cumberland.

Sanchez didn't play great, but this mess is not all on him and if you can't see that after this game, fvck off.
Posted Image Posted Image

#1468 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

Sanchez didn't play great, but this mess is not all on him and if you can't see that after this game, fvck off.

I think fans by nature need a scapegoat when something goes wrong. They need to be able to point and say there it is. Someone to blame. They have all that and more in Sanchez. It's one thing for a QB on a losing streak to face intense scrutiny by the fanbase\media. But without Hill, Holmes, Keller, Gates, and a running game.. I really don't know what's to be expected from Sanchez. The guy had 24 minutes of actual possession time last night.. 4 of which went to Tebow. He goes against the best defense in the league.. and his receivers reward him with 6 dropped passes. Both interceptions were tipped. I mean c'mon now, let's be real.
I can't kill my quarterback when he completes as many passes as the QB he was going against. I can't kill my quarterback when the defense AGAIN has another game where they allow nearly 400 yrds. I can't kill my quarterback when my starting RB rushes for 26 yrds. To put that in perspective, Tebow rushed for 20! I was so wrong on Greene.. he is horrible. He is so bad, I almost think if the Jets released him, he would be without a job. Because I can't see anyone else picking him up.

Without a running game, a defense, and any WR's at all, it's now clear to me what Sanchez needs to do for the remaining 11 games of the year in order to win. Play perfect!

Edited by Beezer34, 09 October 2012 - 12:13 AM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#1469 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,565 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:11 AM

Jets actually did some things well tonight, really...giving up 378 yards in today's NFL isn't really that bad.

The problem is obvious...the Jets just don't score any points. The 48 the Jets put up against the Bills was clearly an aberration, especially since the Bills pretty much give up points to everyone...in three of their games they've allowed 45, 48 and 52 points...it's not too hard to score on the Bills' D. The Jets have scored 50 points in the four games since. 12.5 PPG won't get it done, even with a top-flight D, which even if the Jets had one, you're probably asking them to be on the field for 35 minutes per game or more...not really fair.

That being said, the Colts game is winnable (pretty much a must-win...can't go 0-3 on a 3-game homestand), and the Jets will be facing an iffy D in New England...there will be open receivers to hit, if Sanchez and Tebow can hit them...like EVERY team in the NFL should, Sanchez and Tebow should look for McCourty and target that receiver as often as possible...even when McCourty appears to have his receiver covered, his man has a way of coming down with the ball. It wouldn't surprise me if the Jets put up 24+ against the Pats. The bigger question will be can they stop Brady and Co. from putting up more.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1470 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

In the words of Steve Young: "The Jets played a pretty cute game". The D came up pretty big after the first Texas drive, but again Tannenbaum has put Sanchez in a position to fail. The O-Line is not very good, the pocket just collapses and no one seems to be able to stop the end blitz. There is no running game, no wide-out support. Cumberland caught a TD and then caused an interception. Aside from the gimmick plays - Tebow is a joke.

Not to pile it on but the coaching SUCKS. Is Callahan gone? Because the O-Line looks lost.
Soprano is probably the worst Offensive coordinator in the league.
Tannenbaum can't draft WR"s??? The Giants seem to be able to coach anyone off the street to be a quality wide out when called upon.

Jets need to scrap this team and find a GM that knows talent.

Edited by MantaRay, 09 October 2012 - 08:17 AM.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1471 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

The only solace to take for the Jets is losing to a team as great as Houston by only 6 points. However, whatever sense of accomplishment the Jets may have of "hanging" with the Texans, it's a false sense imo. The Jets should've never been as close as they were in the game. From a dropped Andre Johnson pass were he's still running, to an idiotic onside kick that somehow only results in a FG.. the Texans left MORE than their share of points on the field. For the Jets to rely on two 4th down conversations.. or the sack on Sanchez on our own 18 yrd line that resulted in a scoop 8 yrd rush by Hillard?! Nah, sorry. Too perfect. Everything went the right way for the Jets, and they still lost. Great teams don't have to rely on 100 yrd kick returns to keep them in the game. Though the end says 23-17, it's deceiving, because it wasn't as close as the score indicates. Houston had over 10 minutes of possession time on the Jets.. and they only scored 2 TD's?! I give the Jets ZERO credit for "hanging" with the Texans, because this game should've been 30-10.

#1472 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,146 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:22 AM

That's right, Callahan left to take another job somewhere (Cowboys?) and it does show in how horrible our O-Line has been.

Can't really fault Sporano, he has zero to work with. They Jets have the worst 1# back in football and a cadre of 3/4 receivers, and no #1 pass catching tight end. His playcalling hasn't been any worse than Schotty...in fact he takes more shots down the field.

Edited by '7', 09 October 2012 - 08:40 AM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#1473 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,819 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

That's right, Callahan left to take another job somewhere (Cowboys?) and it does show in how horrible our O-Line has been.

Can't really fault Sporano, he has zero to work with. They Jets have the worst 1# back in football and a cadre of 3/4 receivers, and no #1 pass catching tight end. His playcalling hasn't been any worse than Schotty...in fact he takes more shots down the field.

I could have told you that Sporano would be a disaster. He actually wasn't a horrible head coach, and there are some things he does well. As an OC though, he's caught in 2005.

Jets would have done well to draft Lamar Miller. He's doing pretty well as a third stringer. And anyone would be an improvement over Greene.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1474 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,146 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

nobody is saying Sporano is a disaster...I mean Schotty is an even worse disaster with the Rams
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#1475 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

I have to agree he has nothing to work with, but I don't think that would make a difference as he is not a very good OC in general.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1476 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

nobody is saying Sporano is a disaster...I mean Schotty is an even worse disaster with the Rams

Really, that's not what the Rams players think:

Amendola said Thurdsay on “NFL AM” that new coordinator Brian Schottenheimer’s offense is a big reason for his early success.
“So far in the NFL this is my fourth offense, and Schotty’s offense is the most intricate one, at the same time it has a mixture of all of them,” he said. “It’s very effective, it has the capability of making big plays, and we are all excited about it.”

With Fisher's D and Schott's O the Rams will be a franchise to watch in the next few years.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1477 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,424 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

The boxscore says Tebow was 0-1, I guess you're right. That's how fvcked up this offense is, I can't even keep track of this gadget BS anymore. Maybe they had Tebow on the field and ran him off, there was definitely confusion on the play.

The worst call of all was that stupid shotgun to McKnight earlier in the quarter with nobody else in the backfield and he lost nine yards. As if there was ANY chance of McKnight doing something other than running, at least if you put another RB back there they have to think about options. Then they got a screen where amazingly they got the first down. Then another bs run by Tebow into the line for no yards.

Having five hundred substitutions on every Sanchez to Tebow play and trying to outsmart everyone also leads to chaos on the field. ESPECIALLY with all the stuff you mentioned they shouldn't be trying to reinvent the wheel on offense. As many problems as I had with Schotty, I don't remember an offense being this disorganized and Sparano was a head coach in the league. Basic coaching 101 - you simplify it when you don't have people who know the offense, not throw out five hundred NEW things.

. For the record Has, the Dolphins ALWAYS had issues on offense with organization and play clock management (not to the mention game clock mangement issues late in games) with Sparano as the head coach. We NEVER had timeouts late in the game. Late in the 4th quarter, we typically had 1 timeout in any given game because we were too busy burning our timeouts because of baffling delays in getting the play in and/or bad communication on offense. I had to chuckle watching that last night.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1478 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

Really, that's not what the Rams players think:

Amendola said Thurdsay on “NFL AM” that new coordinator Brian Schottenheimer’s offense is a big reason for his early success.
“So far in the NFL this is my fourth offense, and Schotty’s offense is the most intricate one, at the same time it has a mixture of all of them,” he said. “It’s very effective, it has the capability of making big plays, and we are all excited about it.”

With Fisher's D and Schott's O the Rams will be a franchise to watch in the next few years.

Who cares what one player says. The Rams offense has been terrible this season. Does that have to do with the OC, maybe, maybe not but the stats say the Rams have been awful. 29th in yards per game...and 30th in passing offense.

#1479 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,146 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

Sure Amendola is happy, he's getting his touches...and I doubt many players would bash their O coordinator mid season.

Proof is in the pudding. Rams are 29th in passing (worse than the Jets somehow) 22nd in running, 24th in TOP, 21st in PPG (behind the Jets)

Schotty stinks

#1480 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

..so, yeah.. now there's this;

http://www.nfl.com/n...l-owens-to-jets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users