GDT Devils vs. Capitals

ZeroGravityFat

That was my issue. He was so weak on the side there with a guy coming strong with the puck. Not many goalies that don't play for the Lightning are letting that goal in. I was pretty surprised because usually he'll sprawl out or poke-check in that instance.

The second goal was def poor goaltending. But the third goal for me exemplifies what's wrong w Marty these days, and that's overplaying the puck and shooter,positionally speaking. He was far out of his crease for the initial shot. Totally unnecessary. And then the big fat rebound to boot.

Team has been playin good all year. A lot of losses were when a team came back in the 3rd. We are scoring this year, team is growing together, I am very satisfied with this team. The only flaws which I assume could be big is defense and a elite goalie. If the team starts to finish games and the defense picks up ,then I can see this team make the playoffs. Knock on wood.

Team has been playin good all year. A lot of losses were when a team came back in the 3rd. We are scoring this year, team is growing together, I am very satisfied with this team. The only flaws which I assume could be big is defense and a elite goalie. If the team starts to finish games and the defense picks up ,then I can see this team make the playoffs. Knock on wood.

I agree ..only complaints are soft D at times, terrible PP Other than that I'm actually becoming impressed w/ the way they've been moving the puck. Passing was a major problem earlier in the year..especially with Kovalchuck.

Exactly. Has anyone else noticed our best year against The Queen was when Brodeur was hurt and Scott Clemenson was in net? Besides the sweep of the Rangers in the playoffs that one year (Queen was 0-3), the Devils haven't been able to prove anything against the Rags with Marty in net. I'm not saying all the losses are his fault but the numbers speak for themselves. We have a better chance beating them with Hedberg in net. It's fact not opinion at this point.

I don't get how you can say it's "Fact", not opinion. First of all... why does a thread about a win versus Washington devolve into a Devils versus Rangers thread? And how do you gather that Moose is definitely going to give us a better chance. the last 4 times he's played: versus Dallas he allowed 3, versus Tampa he allowed 4, versus Ottawa in relief he allowed 2 in two periods, and in Winnipeg he allowed 4. I don't understand the theory that it's a fact that our backup goaltender would give us a better chance of beating the top team in the division. Look, I love the guy, but we gotta let Brodeur and Hedberg continue to split time. If we let Hedberg start something like 10 games in a row, we'll all be screaming for Marty back. And I say this as a guy who loves the Moose.

A few seasons ago, Marty would have stopped goals two and three no doubt and when we needed him to bail us out last night he didn't. That said, just like many of our games, we can't allow defensive breakdowns like that or we are not going to be a good team with any goalie. I don't want to be the kind of team that needs their goalie to bail them out all day.

No one is stopping the third goal dude. You're insane to even assume anyone would do that in their prime. The second was weak but the first and third weren't his fault at all and I wouldn't really expect someone to save them.

Edited by hurricane1091

No one is stopping the third goal dude. You're insane to even assume anyone would do that in their prime. The second was weak but the first and third weren't his fault at all and I wouldn't really expect someone to save them.

Whatever, you missed the point of my post and focused on a nuance that doesn't matter. I was supporting Brodeur, you're arguing against the wrong person.

I don't get how you can say it's "Fact", not opinion. First of all... why does a thread about a win versus Washington devolve into a Devils versus Rangers thread? And how do you gather that Moose is definitely going to give us a better chance. the last 4 times he's played: versus Dallas he allowed 3, versus Tampa he allowed 4, versus Ottawa in relief he allowed 2 in two periods, and in Winnipeg he allowed 4. I don't understand the theory that it's a fact that our backup goaltender would give us a better chance of beating the top team in the division. Look, I love the guy, but we gotta let Brodeur and Hedberg continue to split time. If we let Hedberg start something like 10 games in a row, we'll all be screaming for Marty back. And I say this as a guy who loves the Moose.

Sorry I didn't mean to make it a negative thread. I didn't say we should start Hedberg 10 in a row either. I'm just saying I think at this at this point in Brodeur's career he is pressing so hard to beat the Rangers that he screws up, leading the rest of the team to screw up trying to win for him. They press and try too hard instead of focusing on winning the game they try to win for Brodeur. And it is a fact. What more proof do you need? The year Brodeur was hurt was the last year I can remember the Devils playing well against the Rangers all year. I love Brodeur too and always will (so emo) but enough is enough. It's embarrassing to the Devils and their fans. They need to beat the Rangers.

Sorry I didn't mean to make it a negative thread. I didn't say we should start Hedberg 10 in a row either. I'm just saying I think at this at this point in Brodeur's career he is pressing so hard to beat the Rangers that he screws up, leading the rest of the team to screw up trying to win for him. They press and try too hard instead of focusing on winning the game they try to win for Brodeur. And it is a fact. What more proof do you need? The year Brodeur was hurt was the last year I can remember the Devils playing well against the Rangers all year. I love Brodeur too and always will (so emo) but enough is enough. It's embarrassing to the Devils and their fans. They need to beat the Rangers.

Nah, it's not just you, it's everyone. We lose once to the Rangers and already we're seeing all these threads devolve into Devils//Rangers arguments. And I know you didn't specifically call for Hedberg to start 10 in a row, but a lot of people are calling for him to be the #1 and I just don't see how we'd benefit. I like them both splitting time. I don't know.

We have almost another month until we see the Rangers again. let's beat the teams in between that and then argue about it.

Nah, it's not just you, it's everyone. We lose once to the Rangers and already we're seeing all these threads devolve into Devils//Rangers arguments. And I know you didn't specifically call for Hedberg to start 10 in a row, but a lot of people are calling for him to be the #1 and I just don't see how we'd benefit. I like them both splitting time. I don't know.

We have almost another month until we see the Rangers again. let's beat the teams in between that and then argue about it.

No I completely agree with splitting time. I'm all for that. As long as the team is winning who cares if their is a legit number one.

You're also right about the Devils Rangers argument. If you think about it that's the only game that they've lost by more than a goal in a month. We out played them too.

I was happy he (Brodeur) started against the Caps the other night. I know some were against it but if the games aren't back to back I don't see why Brodeur doesn't play. In fact I hope he plays Monday. If Brodeur does as well as he does when he faces point blank shots in the SO I don't think he's as bad as everyone makes him out to be. A lot of it has to do with defense. And a PP that gives up SHG all the time. I feel like most of the SHG are against Marty.

I just don't like him starting against the Rangers anymore due to his record in the last five years.

Now I sound like a broken record.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

You're an a$$hole. You just want to hate on the guy for no reason when he basically is 90% of the reason we won any Cups at all. The second goal he should stop, but why did the defense let Chimera walk right in? The third goal is not Brodeur's fault. The fact you blame him for it flat out shows your inability to understand the game at all. The defense cannot allow the Caps to dance in our zone for that long, and Zajac has got to cover Chimera.

Seriously, I am embarrassed that people like you support my team.

Edited by hurricane1091

You're an a$hole. You just want to hate on the guy for no reason when he basically is 90% of the reason we won any Cups at all. The second goal he should stop, but why did the defense let Chimera walk right in? The third goal is not Brodeur's fault. The fact you blame him for it flat out shows your inability to understand the game at all. The defense cannot allow the Caps to dance in our zone for that long, and Zajac has got to cover Chimera.

Seriously, I am embarrassed that people like you support my team.

who are you replying too?