Role Call

MissionHockey

I'm mmhmm.. a Computer Teacher (pooh correct ?)

(ooh yes... Pooh is my english teacher)

mmmh... i'm nice looking, smart, funny and very very very modest

Who wants married me ?

A+, Stic. :clap: But you forgot to mention that you were schooled to be a history teacher. Way to be modest. Hm. :P

Awww, Moustic. :saddevil: Watch it ladies, he just wants someone to cook and clean for him. :evil:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what what what ?

I will ask to an american girl to cook for me ?

I WANNA LIVE ! :P

(but i'm ok for the clean part :evil: )

Excuse me but SOME of us cook very well.

Of course some of us have Italian mothers. So there.

Some of us also watched Julia Child growing up and were given 'Mastering the Art of French Cooking' for their 13th birthday.

So put away your prejudices, Moustic, get your butt over here and I will find you more than a few 'american girls' who can cook for you just fine. And I've been to France and tasted the food, thank you very much.

Oooh, take him down Sue! :dance:

Mmmm, Italian....pasta.....bread....*drools* I miss my Mama Nina. She always made me meatballs. :saddevil: I swear I must have been Italian in a previous life. German, baaah. I don't love the wursts. Although, Sauerbraten and dumplings, mmmm. I gotta eat something.

Pooh...you'd appreciate my plans for the weekend then. I'm actually going home to visit Mom in honor of Mother's Day, which means the usual food fest, at least part of which will be traditional Italian. Yummmm...although ever since I went on my new anti-convulsant medication I have very little appetite and I just keep losing weight (not a bad thing, overall).

Moustic...seeing Paris for the third time (especially eating my way through it with you) might be interesting but I've been to Europe for extended vacations twice in the last two years...so I'll be staying Stateside for a little while unless business calls me someplace urgently...but thanks for the cake invite. I always took a daily pastry break in Vienna and Budapest, one of the highlights of the vacation for me!

No boyfriend and no job... I might get one this summer at some pet shelter with my best friend. I don't like animals (except when I can chase ducks lmao), but I like actually having money and spending more time with my best friend.

Really? I never thought to look for a boyfriend at the shelter.. but since lots of men are dogs i guess thats the place to go! :)

Lmao! Hey, that might work too. ;)

Anyone can post images... Are you getting an error message when you attempt to do so?

I think he means attach messages to posts (w/o using an external host). I don't think us regular users can do that.

Im always that late guy who shows up... you know that guy, the one who you always invite hoping he'll show up, but don't expect him to... Ussually with a small contigent of friends in the corner, and then disapear... lol.

So as usual, Im late... although no contingent on the board, just random posts/comments... I guess Im more than a lurker, but definetely a loner? [edit: I mean I was nominated for an award last year... and won the cursed reg. season predictions game] I think its the whole philly thing...

name: al

gndr: m

loc: philly [school.work: drexel.fiserv sec]

alt loc: gsp exit 82

devs fan... defensive hockey fan... anti-goal scoring s.o.b.

Edited by aylbert

I guess Im more than a lurker, but definetely a loner? [edit: I mean I was nominated for an award last year... and won the cursed reg. season predictions game]

Well, I nominated you for most underrated this year. I think you post a lot. Maybe you just stick out because of Colin! :lol:

Well, I'll add my 2 cents then...

Female

Chinese-British

Doing English at Uni in September

Have supported the Devils since 1999 as they were the first team I saw lose.

I love reading anything but hate modernist-for-the-sake-of-it writers. Shakespeare and Philip Larkin are my Gods but Prufrock is probably my favourite poem. I enjoy history, especially ancient cultures and love period dramas but only ones by the BBC. I view religion as a transient thing which lives and dies with culture and society.

I would like to set up my own editing/publishing company to help lower the price of literature in Britain which is ridiculously high and is, I believe, one of the contributing factors of stupidity in this country.

I believe that the most dangerous thing in the world is ignorant arrogance.

I'm not sure how I feel about marriage. I would like to, but what if I meet someone better the next day? I don't want a divorce. I will not have children outside of marriage.

I am pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, pro-selective schools, pro-monarchy and I will vote for the Lib Dems when the time comes.

I read the Guardian and steer clear of the Times as I think it is dangerous for Rupert Murdoch to own so much news.

My tastes in music vary: Puccini, Beethoven, Alanis Morrisette, Queen, Placebo, HIM. My taste in films and men also vary.

I have a bit of a female crush on Liv Tyler and Milla Jovivich.

On the Kinsey scale of 1-6, I would rate myself a 2.

I would like to retire to Greece and write novels in my old age. I would like to write novels now but I don't think I've lived enough.

I would kill for my family and will reclaim my Chinese citizenship when she becomes the world superpower.

Edited by ciyenne

18 is so young!! :evil: I feel like I'm writing with someone my own age ciyenne!

re: marriage :lol: You'll know when you meet the right guy when you don't worry about meeting someone better the next day!

What's selective school? I'm very pro-same sex marriage. It makes no sense to not be. To call it a moral outrage makes no sense to me. :noclue: I just think what's it to you? Someone being all freaked by it is more of a moral outrage to me!

You have way too many fun conversations started up there!! I better go home!

I was thrown off by the Chinese-British.

So were you born in England or move there when you were older? I ask simply because I've been reading your posts with a British accent. :lol:

[i do this.... if I meet someone on a board, I read their messages in their voice inside my head... like CRASHER... every post/e-mail I read in his voice] :wacko:

PK: a selective school or grammar school is a school which to get in, you must pass a test at 11 called the 11+ and if you're clever enough, the school takes you and if not, you have to go to a crappy state comprehensive unless your parents are rich in which case you can go to private school or unless you're an aristocrat, in which case you go public school which isn't public, but very exclusive (like Eton).

Don: I wan born in China and lived there till I was 6 at which point I moved over to Britain. So English is my first language and I speak with a south-eastern/BBC cross breed accent and Mandarin with no regional accent at all. So your British accent is correct.

[i do this.... if I meet someone on a board, I read their messages in their voice inside my head... like CRASHER... every post/e-mail I read in his voice] :wacko:

Now what scares me here is it my ACTUAL voice or one of thr 50 ridicolous impressions

that I do and can stuck with on a daily basis (nothing is scarier then being stuck in a

car with me for hours and I get in a Cartman or Mike Tyson mood... the comments

can fly)

my normal voice is so .... blah unless i am yelling at someone :P

I tend to take on the accent of whomever I'm with. So if i'm speaking to an American, I'll take on their accent- badly I might add. It embarrases me and I'm always worried that the other person will think I'm taking the piss.

I tend to take on the accent of whomever I'm with. So if i'm speaking to an American, I'll take on their accent- badly I might add. It embarrases me and I'm always worried that the other person will think I'm taking the piss.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who does this. :D

I'm glad I'm not the only person who does this. :D

Definitely not the only one. I've caught myself doing it down here in TX. Fortunately no ones commented on it. :D

Also, since I work in a call center, I find myself changing my accent depending on where the caller is from. :lol: