1787 replies to this topic

#1621 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

The only reason Fireman Ed is leaving is so that he can make a much publicized return at a later date.

and btw he was never there during the miserable mid 90's aside from an early season game or 2.

I am calling BS on this post. Being a partial Jets season ticket holder for past 15 years (pre-new Giants stadium/PSL) I can confirm that Fireman Ed was there through out the 90's in his Freemen McNeil Jersey.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1622 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,321 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

I am calling BS on this post. Being a partial Jets season ticket holder for past 15 years (pre-new Giants stadium/PSL) I can confirm that Fireman Ed was there through out the 90's in his Freemen McNeil Jersey.

I was there too. He wasn't there when the going got tough I can tell you that. And there was many a halftime exit...or even beforehand. Some games it seemed like he would lead a cheer and vanish for 3 quarters
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1623 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

I was there too. He wasn't there when the going got tough I can tell you that. And there was many a halftime exit...or even beforehand. Some games it seemed like he would lead a cheer and vanish for 3 quarters

The same can be said about Jets that decade. There was not much to get excited about, so I don't blame FE.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1624 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,321 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

Fireman Ed's ego has gotten the best of him. He didn't invent the chant (and believe me some new guy will pick up on it and take his place in a heartbeat) and in the grand scheme of things he's just 1 fan.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#1625 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

Fireman Ed's ego has gotten the best of him. He didn't invent the chant (and believe me some new guy will pick up on it and take his place in a heartbeat) and in the grand scheme of things he's just 1 fan.

Geez, how much ink can one spill on this? I don't think Bauman's relegation to part time status at Devils' games got this much attention.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1626 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Sorry but the fact that Fireman Ed needs to have a press release to "retire" is a joke!! he's a freaking fan, if you want to retire JUST GO AWAY!!

If you donot like the negative public notoriety, then stop trying to get ANY notoriety!!
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#1627 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

He is nationally recognized as the Jets #1 fan, it is sports related news. News compells information. Information neccessitates a press conference or press release. Standard cycle.

The story has only a few days to go, but I am sure it will be featured someplace on some network pregame story on Sunday.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1628 GorillaBiscuits

GorillaBiscuits

Draft Pick

• Banned
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

He probably should have known better than to wear a Sanchez jersey lol, but yeah it's ridiculous that all this QB nonsense has come to this. And unfortunately as I've always said, fans are jealous of other fans who get attention, you see it all the time.

There are fans who recieve attention for a variety of reasons and then there are fans who look for attention and strive for it. Those are the ones people dislike the most. The Devils have many of these types of fans, too. Fireman Ed's 15 minutes of fame lasted 20 years too long.

#1629 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Jets should go after Jason Babin. Eagles just released him

#1630 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,857 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

BAHAHAHAHA, best video ever. http://www.thebiglea...n-thanksgiving/

Edited by MadDog2020, 27 November 2012 - 10:17 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1631 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,648 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

Three picks for Sanchez already in the early second quarter, two to Kerry Rhodes of all people. It's as if he's tanking now because he wants to be benched.

And Arizona can't even move the ball either...this game really is setting offensive football back 50 years.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1632 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,321 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

I'm sure he hasn't....but it looks like Westhoff has quit

2 rookies on the Cardinals O-line...we still haven't touched Lindley. Every blitz has been picked up

Folk with 2 off the uprights. What a joke

Edited by '7', 02 December 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#1633 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,648 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

This is a total abomination of offensive football. Figures the only score came when they even run the fake punt better than we do (taking it for 40 yards instead of 5). Rex must be daring Woody to fire him by keeping Sanchez in.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#1634 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,648 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

And just as I post, Rex finally - FINALLY - tells McElroy to warm up. About fvcking time.

#1635 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,648 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

Wow, the Jets offense showing signs of life for the first time in weeks. One drive, one TD for McElroy. And the crowd's going as nuts for any Jet QB as they've ever gone since probably the days of Joe Willie coming off the bench and throwing TD's with gimpy knees.

#1636 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

if the jets win this game under mcelroy, they will cement the sentiment that they have no blueprint for the future

#1637 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,321 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

McElroy isn't the answer...but let's see if he can manage this game to a victory for us. Honestly he's probably no better than Sanchez. Maybe a better game manager but a worse arm. It's just a breath of fresh air for the moment, but we still need a qb for next season

#1638 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,648 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

What worries me is unless McElroy lights it up they really have no excuse not to let Tebow have a shot when (if) he gets healthy.

#1639 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,321 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

What worries me is unless McElroy lights it up they really have no excuse not to let Tebow have a shot when (if) he gets healthy.

The Jets won't touch with a 50 foot pole. They'll start with the "well rib injury, throwing motion compromised because of it etc...keep him in his role etc"

the last thing the Jets want is for Tebow to have 1 good game as a starting QB

Edited by '7', 02 December 2012 - 03:56 PM.

#1640 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,648 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

At least Greene wisely fell down at the one-yard line to run out the clock, or McElroy would have had two TD drives out of four. When's the last time we had two offensive TD's that mattered in a game? Week 1?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users