GDT: Boston Bruins @ New Jersey Devils

NJCroMag

I was beside myself PDB didn't use the timeout after the second goal too. Maybe he got caught trying to wait for the TV timeout but it was obvious the game was getting away from the team and they lost their poise.

Agreed x's 1000! I was beside myself, watching them skate circles around us, it was like please Marty cover it, please PDB CALL YOUR TIMEOUT!!

But hindsight is 20/20... Ah well. On to the next one...

You may ask me why I got so heated and wished a fiery car crash upon Ference.. Well, of course I don't actually mean it as I don't wish that upon anybody.. and it was just the heat of the moment. BUT that "hook" was fvcking infuriating to watch.

Players like him deserve to be punished and don't belong in the game of hockey. If the league is really interested in player safety like they say they are, they need to review faking injuries like this after the game if they want to reinstate some sort of integrity and honesty to the game. We don't need a bunch of pussies running around crying wolf like this is soccer. (no offense)

Here's another clip of Ference getting "high sticked." What a joke.

I'm not saying this is the sole reason of the loss last night, because it's apparent that we need to score more goals, better D, blah blah blah, but this is one thing I can't stand watching in ANY sport.

I was beside myself PDB didn't use the timeout after the second goal too. Maybe he got caught trying to wait for the TV timeout but it was obvious the game was getting away from the team and they lost their poise.

Speaking of TV timeouts, is it just me or have they gone from 2 to 3 per period?

Claude Julien is a very good coach. I watch how he matched lines against the Devils very well!

As soon as bruins got the lead we were doomed they hold leads very well..... Still we played pretty well to hang in the game for 2 periods.

I coulda swore there was one about 7 minutes into the period and another about 7 minutes later. Must've been imagining. :doh1:

I know they have a set amount of TV timeouts per period and if play goes on for a while without a whistle it can screw with the timing of it. A game a week or two ago there was a commercial after a whistle, the game came back on and the next whistle another commerical was on. This was towards the end of the period.

Discipline team against a undisciplined team should not end 1 / 1 in terms of PP. Especially in a game where we we had the puck the first 40 minutes.

Exactly. I'm not happy with the fact that the Devils got only one power play. It's not 'acceptable'; the Bruins got away with more than a few last night.

Frustrating, especially knowing the PP is 'improving' and could actually provide a goal.

How Tralfamadorian of you.

Anyway, this game struck me as an underdog doing a pretty good job of keeping up with a better team with the exception of a couple minutes in the third. All in all, the Devils played a pretty solid, tight game against an excellent opponent.

The only issue I really have with this game was DeBo NOT calling a timeout after the second Boston goal. It was so obvious that the team was reeling, and after our last game with the Bs where they basically ran a train on us, I don't know how you DON'T pull your guys aside and try to regroup them. That third goal coming 35 seconds later was as unsurprising of a goal against as I've ever seen.

Things like this are why I dislike Debour. I wish Zach would say 'coach we need a time out'. Be a captain and step up and say something because the coach is obviously oblivious a lot more than not. If they kept that game 2-1 with 13:00 left the team's mind set would have been totally different, once it was 3-1 they knew, just as well as the fans, it was over.

You may ask me why I got so heated and wished a fiery car crash upon Ference.. Well, of course I don't actually mean it as I don't wish that upon anybody.. and it was just the heat of the moment. BUT that "hook" was fvcking infuriating to watch.

Players like him deserve to be punished and don't belong in the game of hockey. If the league is really interested in player safety like they say they are, they need to review faking injuries like this after the game if they want to reinstate some sort of integrity and honesty to the game. We don't need a bunch of pussies running around crying wolf like this is soccer. (no offense)

Here's another clip of Ference getting "high sticked." What a joke.

I'm not saying this is the sole reason of the loss last night, because it's apparent that we need to score more goals, better D, blah blah blah, but this is one thing I can't stand watching in ANY sport.

WOW. What a complete fvcking douche bag, but you know what, hey, good for him man. He played the refs and he played the Devils with that. He knew his team was in need of some kind of momentum at that point and he did whatever it took to get it. That was a bad time for the Devils to take a penalty, they did, and Boston ends up winning the game because of it. So congrats to him. Championship teams do whatever it takes.

How Tralfamadorian of you.

Anyway, this game struck me as an underdog doing a pretty good job of keeping up with a better team with the exception of a couple minutes in the third. All in all, the Devils played a pretty solid, tight game against an excellent opponent.

The only issue I really have with this game was DeBo NOT calling a timeout after the second Boston goal. It was so obvious that the team was reeling, and after our last game with the Bs where they basically ran a train on us, I don't know how you DON'T pull your guys aside and try to regroup them. That third goal coming 35 seconds later was as unsurprising of a goal against as I've ever seen.

Lol I just noticed this Vonnegut reference. I re-read this book about two months ago for the first time in many years.

I missed the game because I went snowboarding. Were the refs that bad? And how did jj and henrique look?

The refs weren't bad at all. This was just another Devils collapse that we've witnessed over and over again this year. The team played excellent the first two periods, but they didn't capitalize on a a few opportunities. They hit the post twice and missed a few juicy rebounds. JJ looks pretty rad if you ask me. His passing skills are definitely bringing something to the team. Henrique, eh..if you ask me, he wasn't ready to be out there. He looked very tender and IMO was no where near 100%.

WOW. What a complete fvcking douche bag, but you know what, hey, good for him man. He played the refs and he played the Devils with that. He knew his team was in need of some kind of momentum at that point and he did whatever it took to get it. That was a bad time for the Devils to take a penalty, they did, and Boston ends up winning the game because of it. So congrats to him. Championship teams do whatever it takes.

I think your idea of a Championship team may be warped.. I also believe in whatever it takes, but within the confines of good sportsmanship.

The refs weren't bad at all. This was just another Devils collapse that we've witnessed over and over again this year. The team played excellent the first two periods, but they didn't capitalize on a a few opportunities. They hit the post twice and missed a few juicy rebounds. JJ looks pretty rad if you ask me. His passing skills are definitely bringing something to the team. Henrique, eh..if you ask me, he wasn't ready to be out there. He looked very tender and IMO was no where near 100%.

The penalty they called on NJ was total garbage and then they missed calls that led to goals #2 and #3. The refs were as bad as they could be in a game where 2 penalties were called. Hell, it didn't even look like they were going to call a penalty on the Devils' goal where Zubrus got very obviously hooked.

Edited by Triumph

I think your idea of a Championship team may be warped.. I also believe in whatever it takes, but within the confines of good sportsmanship.

I agree but you're telling me if the call went the other way we wouldn't all be in here laughing about it? Whatever, sometimes the calls just don't go your way. You can't blame the refs for losing this game. Score more than 1 goal against a team that has been giving up as many as 5 lately, maybe they'll have a chance if that were the case.

The penalty they called on NJ was total garbage and then they missed calls that led to goals #2 and #3. The refs were as bad as they could be in a game where 2 penalties were called.

It was absolute garbage. I didn't see the calls you're taking about. I maybe witnessed Chara holding Parise a few times but you're just not going to get the calls vs. Boston. I still don't believe the refs were a deciding factor. The Devils could have been up 3-1 in that game at one point. We just didn't capitalize. Let's see if they can make up for it tomorrow against another team that hasn't been playing their best hockey.

I agree but you're telling me if the call went the other way we wouldn't all be in here laughing about it? Whatever, sometimes the calls just don't go your way. You can't blame the refs for losing this game. Score more than 1 goal against a team that has been giving up as many as 5 lately, maybe they'll have a chance if that were the case.

Well like I said before, I don't blame this loss solely on the refs, because it's glaringly apparent that we need to score more than one goal to win games. I'm just stirring conversation how the game quickly got out of hand after the Bruins got that PPG.

It was absolute garbage. I didn't see the calls you're taking about. I maybe witnessed Chara holding Parise a few times but you're just not going to get the calls vs. Boston. I still don't believe the refs were a deciding factor. The Devils could have been up 3-1 in that game at one point. We just didn't capitalize. Let's see if they can make up for it tomorrow against another team that hasn't been playing their best hockey.

Boston has a negative penalty differential, so clearly someone is getting the calls against Boston.

Taormina gets interfered with on the play leading up to goal #2, DeBoer even mentioned it in his press conference. On goal #3, Foster gets cross-checked or interfered with before the goal.