GDT: ECF Game 1 - NJ Devils @ NY Rangers

NJCroMag

Again Marty is by far the worst goalie that is remaining in the playoffs. We match up better for the rangers than their first two opponents.

I think too many devils fans got a little too overconfident about this series. I hope grandpa in net doesn't cost us this series

Are you a fvcking Rangers fan? Show some respect..

When we are out in 5 you will see how funny it will be.

This is the nightmare situation I envisioned for this game

Wow and I thought I was emo...(///_-) Worthless post^ :troll1:

I'm disappointed and I'm def. not looking forward to catching sh!t from Rags fans but NJ rebounded AMAZINGLY after game 1 against PHI. I think NJ played well tonight and lost on some bad luck much like in PHI. They will take this, learn from it, and come back better next game. The Rags and their sh!t D stole one tonight. I expect the Devils to really exploit NY's horrid turnovers and soft D play next time around.

none of the goals that brodeur let up were really soft, but hey we didn't score any either. team blame. I don't think they were rusty either, the forcheck was clicking most of the game. We played more physical.

One thing I saw the caps do was take big wind ups and hold up on the shot until the sliding ranger defender was out of the picture...maybe we can try that? But honestly, keep grinding away...that's the best strategy

Edited by '7'

Right. And had the offense scored at all, that would matter. But they didn't. So if he gave up 1 or 20, it was still a loss. If they lost 3-2, you'd have a point.

But again this is a goaltending dual series. You are not going to see 3-2 more like 1-0 and 2-1. Every goal counts as much as every goal you keep out

Again Marty is by far the worst goalie that is remaining in the playoffs. We match up better for the rangers than their first two opponents.

I think too many devils fans got a little too overconfident about this series. I hope grandpa in net doesn't cost us this series

And I hope our offense doesn't.

Wow and I thought I was emo...(///_-) Worthless post^ :troll1:

I'm disappointed and I'm def. not looking forward to catching sh!t from Rags fans but NJ rebounded AMAZINGLY after game 1 against PHI. I think NJ played well tonight and lost on some bad luck much like in PHI. They will take this, learn from it, and come back better next game. The Rags and their sh!t D stole one tonight. I expect the Devils to really exploit NY's horrid turnovers and soft D play next time around.

Who are you again?

Are you a fvcking Rangers fan? Show some respect..

I love what he did for the devils............10-20 years ago.

Who are you again?

and who are you to say that Brodeur is ''grandpa'd''

didn't you see that fvcking save on Marc Staal? Would you blame him for that 2nd goal where Volch(?) got beaten fastly by Kreider and that stupid penalty by Bernier?

again this team played as a team, lost as a team.

nn to panick now like I said earlier, the Devs only need to continue to keep that aggressive forecheck and ACTUALLY getting it on the PP/burrying their chances,,,

All I've been hearing all year from you guys and people on HF was how lucky the Rangers are. If we lose this series, and easily as I fear we might I'll go on a rampage. It's not lucky when you shot block as well as any team ever and have a terrific goalie at his peak looking to make a statement.

didn't you see that fvcking save on Marc Staal? Would you blame him for that 2nd goal where Volch(?) got beaten fastly by Kreider and that stupid penalty by Bernier?

nn to panick now like I said earlier, the Devs only need to continue to keep that aggressive forecheck and ACTUALLY getting it on the PP/burrying their chances,,,

wasn't a stupid penalty at all. Barely a charge, not even a hit from behind...pretty much shoulder to shoulder and a BS call

All I've been hearing all year from you guys and people on HF was how lucky the Rangers are. If we lose this series, and easily as I fear we might I'll go on a rampage. It's not lucky when you shot block as well as any team ever and have a terrific goalie at his peak looking to make a statement.

This

How about *Gasp* giving some credit to the other team which rarely happens here (even if it is the rags)

First off I called him grandpa.

And second even the Marty defenders say the second goal was soft. What game did you watch?

I look forward to your tears....hell most of us never thought we would get pass the Flyers....this is more then we every expected from this team.

I look forward to the mutilitide of excuses this board will come up with for excusing Marty from any blame if we lose this series.

He is a goalie and not god. I can criticize him all I want.

First off I called him grandpa.

And second even the Marty defenders say the second goal was soft. What game did you watch?

?

Did I deny saying it was a soft goal?

calling Marty grandpa after barely a game, is like giving up already

the team as a whole were not as GOOD as in the first two periods and that cost them not burrying their chances in those two first periods

second, you're saying he hasn't done anything in the past 10 years?

Are you fvcking serious?

i just love those "intelligent" Rangers fans doing the MARTY chant after the empty net goal was scored. such great hockey fans...

You mean the bandwagon Yankees fans wearing Rangers jerseys that were in attendance? 90 percent of them probably couldnt tell you who was on the Rags roster last year.

Now that the alcohol and anger is out of my system, how the hell do we defeat their shot blocking and put pucks in net?

?

Did I deny saying it was a soft goal?

calling Marty grandpa after barely a game, is like giving up already

the team as a whole were not as GOOD as in the first two periods and that cost them not burrying their chances in those two first periods

second, you're saying he hasn't done anything in the past 10 years?

Are you fvcking serious?

What has he won since 2003?

Keep in mind vezina is nice and cute but the devils as a team doesn't play for the vezina trophy

I look forward to the mutilitide of excuses this board will come up with for excusing Marty from any blame if we lose this series.

He is a goalie and not god. I can criticize him all I want.

Ok......I'm just a long time fan,but I'm not going to cut my throat if we don't make it to the finals...you on the other hand :whistling:

Keep in mind vezina is nice and cute but the devils as a team doesn't play for the vezina trophy

So year in and year out its up to ONLY him and his play....AH

Ok......I'm just a long time fan,but I'm not going to cut my throat if we don't make it to the finals...you on the other hand :whistling:

I'm a long time fan too but Marty's ship had sailed. He can get all the regular season wins records all he wants but it will be forever tarnished if he can't beat the rags when it counts

The Devs as fans should thank BIG enough Marty for carrying the team on his fvcking shoulders with abysmal D from 3+years post lock-out

Marty was the best Goalie we had and carried us throughout those years

isn't that good enough for you?