DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION - August 16th - come name the section and p

Satans Hockey

Please make sure there's handicapped seating.

when i mean handicapped, i mean people who cannot walk or have difficulty walking. being fat is not a handicap.

i have fights every time i go to the game because i took some FAT person's or old person's seat. (there's plenty of vacant seats!)

meanwhile, i'm in a wheelchair and i cant even take a step while they can.

sorry if i offended anyone, just ranting.

Please make sure there's handicapped seating.

when i mean handicapped, i mean people who cannot walk or have difficulty walking. being fat is not a handicap.

i have fights every time i go to the game because i took some FAT person's or old person's seat. (there's plenty of vacant seats!)

meanwhile, i'm in a wheelchair and i cant even take a step while they can.

sorry if i offended anyone, just ranting.

Just to make sure I understand, are you saying bigger people are sitting in the handicapped area and taking up the space so that handicapped people like yourself who cannot walk cannot sit in those sections?

Just to make sure I understand, are you saying bigger people are sitting in the handicapped area and taking up the space so that handicapped people like yourself who cannot walk cannot sit in those sections?

LOL

I'm saying if you can walk to get food, you can walk 2 steps down a flight of stairs.

it's HANDICAPPED seating, not fat/old seating.

Edited by Devs4LordStanley

just out of curiosity why are the Devils doing an "army theme"?

They liked how it went over in the 2010 playoffs and wanted some theme to unify the fans, so they decided an army is united and strong.. They are sticking with it because it used to be a new theme every season that they never built on

The Devils Army Supporters were sworn into secrecy last night. If any of them release the name of the section before the season starts hitmen will soon be at their doorstep.

Hhaha this made my day.

I was just imagining a few Devils players , ringin the victims doorbell.. whem they finally open the door they would have received a puck to the head.

They liked how it went over in the 2010 playoffs and wanted some theme to unify the fans, so they decided an army is united and strong.. They are sticking with it because it used to be a new theme every season that they never built on

They started it because of Kovy, more or less. You never heard anything about a 'Red Army' (like Russia) or a 'Devils Army' before we got him :lol:

The other two names are Hellions and Devils Advocates. There were about 30 people at the meeting. One of the Devils graphic guys is going to create a few different logos for each of the names and there will be a final vote coming up soon. I believe there will also be another meeting scheduled so that those who couldn't make it on Tuesday can go. It was only briefly mentioned though so don't count on it until there is an official announcement.

A couple of random things that came up:

-In reference to drums (which were banned after Viking Army came in one night with their drum and pissed off some fans who complained), the Devils said they're doing to have some sort of drum line this season. (This is completely separate from the supporters section.)

-The Devils are aware that sometimes the music/organ interrupts/kills chants. They want to avoid this. They're hoping to coordinate with the section so that this doesn't happen too much. Seeing as I don't think the section is going to plan its chants out minute-by-minute, I'm not sure how much coordinating can be done with this, other than a general guideline of, the organ should keep quiet soon after a goal because there'll likely be some sort of extended chanting, and chants should be started/kept up mostly while the puck is in play to avoid the music. Organ/music person should pay attention to what's going on to not drone out a chant if there is obviously a good one going.

The section is also going to keep pushing to make partial plans available. There was nothing new about a system for STHs to resell their tickets other than hammering home the point at the meeting that people need to resell their tickets to other Devils fans and to fans that are OK with standing and chanting the whole game.