GDT: Predators @ Devils 7pm

Scottie2Hottie

0-1 for me...took my daughter to the 1-0 Flyer loss. Kinda sucked having to explain that it's really exciting to see a Devils goal, when it actually happens.

Almost took her again last night, but she's only 5 and it was a school night. Might take her again this Friday...she's been to three games so far: a 2-1 win over Dallas during the 10-11 season (she barely remembers it), the 5-2 retro jersey loss against the Pens, and the 1-0 Flyer loss. I really want her to see some wins, and soon, before she wonders what the hell Daddy's thinking, trying to turn her into a Devils fan.

You know I thought I saw you at the Flyers game but you were with a kid who could walk and was like 2.5 feet tall so, not wanting to feel old (because I remember when your wife was just expecting) I guess my brain was like "nope if it was him his daughter would be a baby still in his arms"... Ok damn now I feel old

i use to have tix in 230 back at the CAA. He use to sit in row 2 or something of that section and would always do the chants. One night, he had a giant bag of M&Ms and was giving it out to fans. He came up to me ( i was maybe 11?) and said "hey, you look like you could use some sugar" and poured me a handful.  Good times at the old barn. 

i use to have tix in 230 back at the CAA. He use to sit in row 2 or something of that section and would always do the chants. One night, he had a giant bag of M&Ms and was giving it out to fans. He came up to me ( i was maybe 11?) and said "hey, you look like you could use some sugar" and poured me a handful. Good times at the old barn.

My dad and I used to talk to him here and there back in the day at CAA. Nice dude and I think he was an electrician or some sort of contractor from bound brook. I've heard different stories about why he never really followed the team over from CAA to the rock and not sure what to believe.

My best memory of him was him falling on his ass on the ice when he was allowed on there during the 95 banner raising ceremony.

You know I thought I saw you at the Flyers game but you were with a kid who could walk and was like 2.5 feet tall so, not wanting to feel old (because I remember when your wife was just expecting) I guess my brain was like "nope if it was him his daughter would be a baby still in his arms"... Ok damn now I feel old

She's actually a shade under 4 feet tall, believe it or not.  She's in the 97th percentile for her age (5), in both height AND weight.  Huge for her age.  Loving kindergarten and learning to read and write.  And yeah, I feel old too.  All of the time. 

I'm taking her again this Friday.  I gotta obliterate that Flyers game from her memory ASAP (hope I don't subject her to something worse)!

That horn is ridiculous and annoying its being done like every five minutes for periods of time for no reason it causes more of a racket and head ache then anything. Even from watching the games on TV you hear that piece of crap!!

its extremely annoying its getting to be a little much .. and it sure seems like its getting worse lately i really dont understand what the obsession is with that damn thing