• Nov 12
    • Dec 12
    • Jan 13
    • Feb 13
    • Mar 13
    • Apr 13
    • Oct 13
    • Never

who follows biznasty on twitter? his comments are so condescending. hes like what if someone took 24% of your paycheck. and im like well most of us average people arent making millions of dollars a year. he also is like "the reality is it is our future" and im like yeah, well you wont have a future if it werent for us your twiner.

fvck THE NHL

LONG LIVE THE KHL

As pissed and disappointed as I am as a fan, my heart is really going out to all of those people who work in or outside arenas and are now going to be out of a job. We all deserve so much better than this.

Yup and the Prudential Center folks are really going to get hit hard this year with the Nets having left for Brooklyn and no Devils games for the foreseeable future. Tons of people are going to be making less money and the area around the arena will be making less money.

We might as well get this thread pinned no? With the way it's looking this might be able to top the Parise ufa watch thread.

Yup and the Prudential Center folks are really going to get hit hard this year with the Nets having left for Brooklyn and no Devils games for the foreseeable future. Tons of people are going to be making less money and the area around the arena will be making less money.

We might as well get this thread pinned no? With the way it's looking this might be able to top the Parise ufa watch thread.

You have no idea :(

My 7 days of work in October has now been reduced to ONE.

Edited by Vic Rattlehead18

You have no idea :(

My 7 days of work in October has now been reduced to ONE.

Sh!t. Good luck, man.

Well the lockout is a reality as of today...

Per NHL:

"We spoke [saturday] and determined that there was no point in convening a formal bargaining session in light of the fact that neither side is in a position to move off of its last proposal," Daly said.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=641628

Looks like I am done with sports, which appears could be for a rather lengthily period of time. Unless I go catch a game in Albany ;)

Edited by Dead

Maybe I am a glutton for punishment but I still go back to places that have gotten me food poisoning in the past.

But this really sucks. The good part is that I will have extra money freed up in the coming months instead of going towards parking adds tickets. However I will really miss looking forward to watching the games at night and killing a few hours out of each of my weeks.

Well she is severely allergic to tomatos, tells the server and her order comes out with tomotas. Call for the manager he says he will take care of it, and again the order comes with a few tomato seeds and juice. Good thing she noticed it before taking a bite. They didnt even try to offer to take the order off the bill. So simply enough I hope that place is boarded up tomorrow...

Now back to the lockout, season is over for me already It would appear. Well it would hVe been cOme mid-oct anyways.

Looks like Edison Ale House, Loft, and Brick City may be boarded up by time hockey comes back... It sucks cause I enjoyed the pre-game atmosphere we had this year...

Not for nuthin' but what about putting together some sort of rotating squad of fans to visit the local joints on a weekly basis? Maybe people can do once a month. but meet up with other fans at Dino, or Edison, or Loft, or Hells K or whatever?

I can probably do that, and on the odd weekend (Friday or Saturday, maybe even Sunday) get some non-ticket holding folks to join in. I know it doesn't help the people working at the arena, but...?

This is a quote Bob McKenzie posted last night from an anonymous GM about what leverage he feels the players have...

"None. We took away all of their leverage by canceling the playoffs in 2005. And, we’ll do it again, if we have to."

I posted it just to show the mind set the players are working with. F*** the fans, the arena workers, the parking attendants, the equipment managers, etc. The owners are just coming off as complete scum here. It's really hard to listen to them tell us about a system that 'doesn't work' but netted them an extra couple of billion dollars since the last lockout.

This is a quote Bob McKenzie posted last night from an anonymous GM about what leverage he feels the players have...

"None. We took away all of their leverage by canceling the playoffs in 2005. And, we’ll do it again, if we have to."

I posted it just to show the mind set the players are working with. F*** the fans, the arena workers, the parking attendants, the equipment managers, etc. The owners are just coming off as complete scum here. It's really hard to listen to them tell us about a system that 'doesn't work' but netted them an extra couple of billion dollars since the last lockout.

I know these guys always think the sheep will come flocking back, but they better think long and hard about going down this road again, especially so soon after blowing up the 2004-05 season.

I agree, I think this one is all on the owners...clearly with the offers that were made and the contracts that were signed, they're not hurtin' as much as they'd have us all believe.

But both parties need to understand that a lot of the everyday "nobodies" who are strugging to make ends meet but try to actually cough up the money to buy tickets to some NHL games, and the workers who see their livelihoods directly affected by millionaires and billionaires squabbling, aren't going to care much about who's right and who's wrong. I think a lot of people are just getting flat-out sick of this nonsense, and don't care to know the ins and outs of every last detail involving the CBA...I think most fans are reaching the point of "Just the STFU, BOTH of you, and figure this damned thing out already!"

This one is on the owners entirely. You had increased revenue, ratings were great and the fan interest was starting to blossom. The NHL owners (the four major ones) are just greedy and are shooting themselves in the foot.

"Just the STFU, BOTH of you, and figure this damned thing out already!"

To my mind, this should be Bettman's job. If the commissioner isn't the guy to lock both parties in a room until they come to an agreement, then why have a commissioner at all? Edited by Brick Pig

Not for nuthin' but what about putting together some sort of rotating squad of fans to visit the local joints on a weekly basis? Maybe people can do once a month. but meet up with other fans at Dino, or Edison, or Loft, or Hells K or whatever?

I can probably do that, and on the odd weekend (Friday or Saturday, maybe even Sunday) get some non-ticket holding folks to join in. I know it doesn't help the people working at the arena, but...?

I really like this idea... I bet the bars/restaurants would really appreciate it too. I'm in!

I find myself more on the owners side, but ideally, I'd like to see this:

* 50% of previous seasons HRR to set that years cap

* No Escrow, No Rollbacks

* Another buyout period to get everyone in compliance with the cap

* Keep free agency at 28... that was the players only real win last time,

* Limit long term signings from after your rookie contract to 35... and at 35 you need a new 35+ contract.

* Contracts should be like your cap, equally spread across the deal. No up front bonuses or front loading.

Well technically it's a GM saying this not an owner. Clearly a GM who acts like he is an owner (Burkie?). It does seem like - unfortunately - it may take losing another season for the owners to realize they can't keep trying to break the union at the expense of the health of the league. Someone needs to let them know the concept of 'phyrric victory'.

And it's funny how the players supposedly had no leverage and yet at the end of the CBA the owners hated the deal they lost a whole season for.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.