Nets Considering Temp. Move to Newark

Colin226

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Wall is a stud. The Nets will likely finish with the worst record and still not win the lottery. Wall will be taken before they get a chance to pick him...watch....

I would absolutely love it if they finished with a sh!t record and still got the worst pick possible...it'd be a rightfully deserved dose of karma.

• 4 weeks later...

By law of averages, they'll be 6-76 by seasons end.

I would love for that to happen.

...oh it's going to happen. Half the season officially in the books, and their trifecta of victories still stands.

I've never seen a tailspin like this in all my life. 3 wins in 41 games?! It's astonishing.

• 1 month later...

The photo that accompanies that article is brutal. And it looks like the game is actually going on in the background, so you can't chalk up the empty seats to "it's still halftime" or "the game hasn't started and people are still filing in." Absolutely brutal. Makes you wonder how their attendance number is as high as 12,905.

You what is even sadder than this picture? The fact, that a good percentage of those "taken" seats are just given away. The Nets sales staff comes into Hoboken every so often just giving away stacks of tickets to people on the streets, I think 1 in 10 actually take the tickets.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is just reckless speculation about Phil Jackson on the part of the writer, but for what's it's worth:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/comments_blog/2010/04/jeanie-buss-phil-jackson-lakers-kobe.html

Today's buzz comes by way of an interview Jeanie Buss gave with ESPN that was published today. In the piece, Buss says her 64-year-old sweetie will definitely be coaching somewhere next year but maybe not for the purple and gold.

"I know Phil will be coaching next year, somewhere. Whether it's here or someplace else, I don't know," she said. "There's going to be a lot of good jobs that come up this summer."

So is this merely a ploy by Buss to get her father, Laker owner Jerry Buss, to pony up some more cash for the 64-year-old Hall of Famer?

When Jeanie Buss mentions the glut of good jobs opening this summer, could she perhaps be alluding to one in New Jersey? There's a team there that was just purchased by an eccentric young Russian billionaire, Mikhail Prokhorov, whom you may have seen interviewed on "60 Minutes."

If you were a young Russian billionaire intent on making a dramatic splash in the NBA, would you find a few extra rubles to line the pockets of the man many believe to be the league's greatest coach?

Who cares?

It ain't happening, but IF IT DID it would be a good sign for the future of the Nets, which would be good for Newark for the next two years, which would be good for the Devils.

But, again, it's just reckless speculation and it ain't happening.

• 3 weeks later...

NBA Draft Lottery tonight. This will basically decide if the Nets will be good next season as I don't see any major free agents coming if the Nets don't have the #1 pick (John Wall).

The fact the NBA has a lottery system like that is a joke. A team as terrible as the Nets were last year deserved the #1 pick...... but I guess the team with guns and betting in their locker-room deserved it more. :lol:

How true it is. The worst team gets a 25% chance of winning. This had to be a joke.

The chance of the Nets getting Lebron (or any other top FA) just went up in smoke. Sorry Brooklyn, looks like you will inherit the awful franchise that NJ has had to deal with for so many years. It's kind of sad.

The fact the NBA has a lottery system like that is a joke. A team as terrible as the Nets were last year deserved the #1 pick...... but I guess the team with guns and betting in their locker-room deserved it more. :lol:

I agree, I'm not a fan of the lottery system, especially when it screws over a team that is truly as bad as the Nets were last year. I really know nothing about what the Nets real needs are and what they should do. I've seen a few people on twitter suggest that it's not that big of a deal as they need PF more than another G and they should draft a guy like DeMarcus Cousins or Evan Turner. I don't know anything about those guys but are they projected to be impact players that could help take this team to the next level with Harris and Lopez? Also, does not getting Wall make them that much more unappealing to James, Wade, or Bosh?

I agree, I'm not a fan of the lottery system, especially when it screws over a team that is truly as bad as the Nets were last year. I really know nothing about what the Nets real needs are and what they should do. I've seen a few people on twitter suggest that it's not that big of a deal as they need PF more than another G and they should draft a guy like DeMarcus Cousins or Evan Turner. I don't know anything about those guys but are they projected to be impact players that could help take this team to the next level with Harris and Lopez? Also, does not getting Wall make them that much more unappealing to James, Wade, or Bosh?

I'm not too knowledgeable on the draft prospects either but with regard to the FAs, it absolutely makes them a lot less appealing. Superstar players want to play with a playmaking point guard who will feed them the ball perfectly whenever they are open (and sometimes when they are not). Bottom line, they want the ball when it comes time to make the shot. John Wall would find ways to get them the ball, and dazzle you with how he did it. Devin Harris is much more of a take-it-himself scoring PG. He's not nearly as valuable as he is if you're not counting on him to have the ball most of the time. It's kind of like in hockey how a big-time scoring winger wants to play with the best playmaking center in the league, not a scoring center who won't give him the puck when he feels that he is open.

For once the NHL has it right over the NBA...at least in our draft lottery the worst team has a 50% chance of winning the top pick and I don't think can go below three which is fair enough. Man, WFAN at 10:05 AM tomorrow just became a must-listen - Joe and especially Net fan Evan are gonna go psycho :lol:

I think the lottery is the way it is in the NBA to discourage teams from intentionally tanking a season to get the stud pick in the draft. I think the NHL is the way it is because there are fewer can't-miss picks, Crosby aside, while the NBA seems to have guys billed as franchise savers entering the draft almost every year.

I can't help but think this is karma. Somewhere, the gods of New Jersey are pumping their fists and flipping the bird to the Nets for deserting Jersey.

Also, it really irks me how all of the sports talk guys are basically dissing the Rock when saying stuff like "oh, they'll only be in Newark for two years, and then they'll be able to draw the big FAs, then the fans will go, etc." Maybe I'm reading too much in to it, but it feels like they're all taking the Melrose route and assuming its a sh!thole because its in Newark.