GDT- Devils @ Buffalo 3 PM

eaglejelly

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And people need to stop looking at 'bottom feeders' as 'easy' teams. If you expect Buffalo to finish dead last then you are delusional. They have a lot of talent. Ottawa Washington and Winnipeg are playing good, there are no easy teams, especially in a shortened season.

Plus its hockey, any team can beat anyone. Its annoying to read this should be an easy game or that should be an easy game. Its not going to be easy people. Look at every game as the same, every game is going to be important. Easy should not be a word to be thrown around...hopefully the players are not thinking like that as well.

Devils need to take the positives out of this game and move on to Toronto.

Edited by Zubie#8

this game is not on Moose, this team is playing bad and MAY have played 4 "good games" all season long. 

Theres absolutely no other excuses or anyone else to blame than the coaching staffs and the players at this point. Stop making excuses for them and say "step back from the edge" i'm not gonna be in denial and try to tell myself that they are just unlucky and will turn it around, nothing is encouraging or pointing out that we will turn it around other than Kovy having a few good rushes and Loktionov producing.

Kovy: "Good team doesnt lose 2 in a row"

well....

Edited by SterioDesign

Unfortunately kovalchuk has been very un-clutch lately. Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

You don't think the 21 and under kids he's being paired up with are weighing him down? Half the time he's on the ice, he's rushing into the zone and everyone's 20 feet behind him. He's making the players around him better with some great quarterbacking and assists, but who the hell is setting HIM up? Think about all the other assists he'd have if the plays he's setting up weren't completely fvcked up half the time by the other guys on the ice. He's not god; no one's setting him up, simple as that.

maybe lou will wake up & make a trade

Not gonna happen. You can put that to bed. Lou's probably as delusional on those on this forum and thinks we're in a slump.

We're not in a slump just to let you guys know. We're shiite all the way through. The D, the Goaltending, the Offense is complete utter garbage. This team is old and out of shape and can't handle the schedule.

That was a frustrating game to watch with how atrocious the refs were towards both teams. Hate the way Kaleta was running around all game and it rubbed off on a few of his teammates. It's too bad Barch wasn't in the line up to take a run at Kaleta. A bit disappointed with the lack of response when Miller taunted Henrique at the end. Of course it will never happen in the NHL again but I would've loved Henrique to take a run at Miller and start a bench clearing brawl. They meet again Thursday - wouldn't mind if the Devils ran at Miller like Lucic did. Zidlicky and Butler were amongst the handful of guys with bad games.

On the positive side Loktionov and the PK were awesome again.

That was a frustrating game to watch with how atrocious the refs were towards both teams. Hate the way Kaleta was running around all game and it rubbed off on a few of his teammates. It's too bad Barch wasn't in the line up to take a run at Kaleta. A bit disappointed with the lack of response when Miller taunted Henrique at the end. Of course it will never happen in the NHL again but I would've loved Henrique to take a run at Miller and start a bench clearing brawl. They meet again Thursday - wouldn't mind if the Devils ran at Miller like Lucic did. Zidlicky and Butler were amongst the handful of guys with bad games.

On the positive side Loktionov and the PK were awesome again.

haha ya a bench brawl would have been mental! I liked what I saw though, we play aggresive and more dity than usual we need more of that

And people need to stop looking at 'bottom feeders' as 'easy' teams. If you expect Buffalo to finish dead last then you are delusional. They have a lot of talent. Ottawa Washington and Winnipeg are playing good, there are no easy teams, especially in a shortened season.

Plus its hockey, any team can beat anyone. Its annoying to read this should be an easy game or that should be an easy game. Its not going to be easy people. Look at every game as the same, every game is going to be important. Easy should not be a word to be thrown around...hopefully the players are not thinking like that as well.

Devils need to take the positives out of this game and move on to Toronto.

After seeing them play, they absolutely are bottom feeders. Buffalo looked terrible, they're a terrible team with a terrible system. Miller and Pominville are good, and they robbed a game.

this game is not on Moose, this team is playing bad and MAY have played 4 "good games" all season long. 

Theres absolutely no other excuses or anyone else to blame than the coaching staffs and the players at this point. Stop making excuses for them and say "step back from the edge" i'm not gonna be in denial and try to tell myself that they are just unlucky and will turn it around, nothing is encouraging or pointing out that we will turn it around other than Kovy having a few good rushes and Loktionov producing.

Kovy: "Good team doesnt lose 2 in a row"

well....

He missed a puck cover and ended up on his hands and out of position.    Was this his worst game, no.    But he's not exactly bailing them out, either.   With this clusterfvck season, you need to be able to steal games and points and they have not done this with Moose playing lately, instead, the opposite, they're leaking them.

The worst part is that he has to keep playing.   He's streaky as fvck and he's probably not going to come out of it until he stops playing.

You don't think the 21 and under kids he's being paired up with are weighing him down? Half the time he's on the ice, he's rushing into the zone and everyone's 20 feet behind him. He's making the players around him better with some great quarterbacking and assists, but who the hell is setting HIM up? Think about all the other assists he'd have if the plays he's setting up weren't completely fvcked up half the time by the other guys on the ice. He's not god; no one's setting him up, simple as that.

My point is he is not burying the chances he is getting. He had a glorious chance to tie it up against the Jets, in the 3rd and in the shootout. He has to be a difference maker.

I'm gonna get off the computer and do something to clear my head, because I'm still furious at the result of this game.

But there needs to be retribution for this game when they meet next week.  If they want to run around like morons, make them pay for it. 

He missed a puck cover and ended up on his hands and out of position.    Was this his worst game, no.    But he's not exactly bailing them out, either.   With this clusterfvck season, you need to be able to steal games and points and they have not done this with Moose playing lately, instead, the opposite, they're leaking them.

The worst part is that he has to keep playing.   He's streaky as fvck and he's probably not going to come out of it until he stops playing.

you really want to blame the goalie when we are 2nd last in goals in the conference? im not gonna go on again about our offensive system everyone knows what i think of it but its ridiculous to blame the goalies.

Edited by SterioDesign

There was alot of misfortune at the end of the game.    They should have started OT on the PP, but for some reason cross-check interference is now legal.    Then they spend 2:30 of the OT killing penalties, the first one was total bullsh!t.

So, I mean, I don't know what to make of that.    Miller vs. Moose is a shootout right now is just you know, you might as well go home.   But they didn't get much of a chance to avoid it, either.