13 replies to this topic

#1 oat77

oat77

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:38 PM

For any Boxing fans. They are putting on fights in the AmeriHealth Pavilion and I think it might be more than a one time thing. Seems pricey to me, but I think every seat would be great.

The fight promoted by Main Events and Super Judah Promotions will take place on March 5th at Prudential Center's AmeriHealth Pavilion, Newark, NJ. Doors open at 7:30pm; first fight 8:00pm. Tickets priced at $253 Ringside, $103 Reserved seating on floor, $88 General Admission in Bleachers and $53 GA Standing Room on floor. Tickets on sale 2/5, available at Prudential Center Box Office, by calling TicketMaster at 800-745-3000 or www.Prucenter.com

Boxing at AmeriHealth Pavilion

"I love working for New Jersey," Burns said. "They've been great to me. They've supported me. (General manager) Lou (Lamoriello) is a godsend for me because he's looked after me, and I know I can stay close to hockey."

#2 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:00 PM

You have to give Kathy Duval credit, she is responsible for events that give Newark a whole different audience and if you haven't seen an Adamek fight there you are missing out on a crazy experience.

#3 ClarkyDano23

ClarkyDano23

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:34 PM

If this is really being held where the practice rink is, I wonder if this puts us a step closer to being able to attend practice/training camp again
-CD23

"Not one camera, not one reporter. But, guess what? If that kid was hurt, I woulda had everyone in that friggin building in front of my face. Isn't that true? But guess what, no one's hurt, so there's nothing to write about."
-Scott Stevens regarding both, his hit in Game 4 on Sami Kapanen during Round 1 against the Hurricanes in 2001, and the media looking for something to write about

My Youtube Page! - http://www.youtube.com/McKay4429061

My Devils Photos! - http://www.flickr.co...57602625649087/

http://www.pokerroad.com

#4 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:22 PM

If this is really being held where the practice rink is, I wonder if this puts us a step closer to being able to attend practice/training camp again

LOL

Not at all...

No correlation there whatsoever. Judah is a bum, so they can't afford to put the fight in the main arena, hence the closet sized practice rink area.....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#5 ClarkyDano23

ClarkyDano23

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:43 PM

LOL

Not at all...

No correlation there whatsoever. Judah is a bum, so they can't afford to put the fight in the main arena, hence the closet sized practice rink area.....

Perhaps I'm missing some boxing-related sarcasm(which wouldn't be a surprise, as I don't follow boxing), so my apologies if I have.

But if not, how is there no correlation? One of the, if not the, main reasons why they closed practices after the move to the Rock was because of crowd control issues at the practice rink. I would imagine that they'd have some quality crowd control strategies in place, if they're going to hold a boxing match there.

Edited by ClarkyDano23, 16 February 2011 - 11:45 PM.

-CD23

"Not one camera, not one reporter. But, guess what? If that kid was hurt, I woulda had everyone in that friggin building in front of my face. Isn't that true? But guess what, no one's hurt, so there's nothing to write about."
-Scott Stevens regarding both, his hit in Game 4 on Sami Kapanen during Round 1 against the Hurricanes in 2001, and the media looking for something to write about

#6 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:06 AM

Why dont they do the public skating after games anymore?

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

#7 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:56 AM

Why dont they do the public skating after games anymore?

I usually don't walk by that way after games but the couple times I did this season there were other things going on at the rink, NJIT games and Rockets practices, so I guess they don't usually have that ice time available anymore.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#8 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:44 AM

Perhaps I'm missing some boxing-related sarcasm(which wouldn't be a surprise, as I don't follow boxing), so my apologies if I have.

But if not, how is there no correlation? One of the, if not the, main reasons why they closed practices after the move to the Rock was because of crowd control issues at the practice rink. I would imagine that they'd have some quality crowd control strategies in place, if they're going to hold a boxing match there.

It is quite simple. During practices at The Rock, there is no security etc working in the practice rink. During the boxing match, there will be plenty of security and arena personnel....
It's not like the practice rink is "off limits" to the public all the time. There are plenty of other hockey games held there when there is security working. The real issue I'm sure is that the team does not want to have to "unnecessarily" pay security so fans can attend practice

I usually don't walk by that way after games but the couple times I did this season there were other things going on at the rink, NJIT games and Rockets practices, so I guess they don't usually have that ice time available anymore.

My guess would be that they make way more $$$ off of the leagues playing games there than they would from the relatively small amount of people that would pay to skate

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#9 ClarkyDano23

ClarkyDano23

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:50 PM

It is quite simple. During practices at The Rock, there is no security etc working in the practice rink. During the boxing match, there will be plenty of security and arena personnel....
It's not like the practice rink is "off limits" to the public all the time. There are plenty of other hockey games held there when there is security working. The real issue I'm sure is that the team does not want to have to "unnecessarily" pay security so fans can attend practice

I see, I was unaware of other hockey games/events being played there besides the Devils.
-CD23

#10 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:26 PM

I read a couple links on the series and this is really about building a micro boxing following and it's a win win for both parties. Devils get to make greater use of their facilities and add dates and the boxing promotors have a top notch venue to slot their fights in.

#11 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:05 PM

“There is a low ticket price ($53) that was designated as standing room. People should not be afraid of that ticket. We have set up bars at both ends of the rink, so those tickets are actually opportunities for people to mingle. There’ll be bar tables and it’ll be a social place to be. It adds to the intimate atmosphere of the venue.”

Sounds like an interesting setup. If this catches on, I wonder if they'll use the arena restaurant -- which overlooks the practice rink -- as a sort of luxury suite or something.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#12 rangers suck69

rangers suck69

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:48 PM

my tax dollars going to great use i see
Devils Fan for life since 1992
“The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue.”- Scott Stevens

#13 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:31 AM

I read a couple links on the series and this is really about building a micro boxing following and it's a win win for both parties. Devils get to make greater use of their facilities and add dates and the boxing promotors have a top notch venue to slot their fights in.

It's a shame to see how far Zab Judah has fallen. Less than 4 yrs ago he was fighting Floyd Mayweather Jr in Vegas for the belt....now he is fighting Joe Shmoes at the Devils' practice rink.... :doh1:

#14 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:22 AM

my tax dollars going to great use i see

????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users