Confronting the Nightmare - UPDATE: NIGHTMARE OVER, KINGS WIN!&#33

Neb00rs

I went to the cell phone store, and I was there over an hour.  My husband couldn't understand what was taking so long until I got home and told him that once I gave our email address (very Devils), I was treated to a 15 minute lecture about how the king is as good as Marty now, and that if they win the cup this year he will be the best of all time.  It's pointless to argue with that kind of stupidity, so I just stood there and stared at him with that kill me now look on my face.  He even came around the counter and showed me his Ranger tattoo.  Seriously...who gives a sh!t!

I went to the cell phone store, and I was there over an hour. My husband couldn't understand what was taking so long until I got home and told him that once I gave our email address (very Devils), I was treated to a 15 minute lecture about how the king is as good as Marty now, and that if they win the cup this year he will be the best of all time. It's pointless to argue with that kind of stupidity, so I just stood there and stared at him with that kill me now look on my face. He even came around the counter and showed me his Ranger tattoo. Seriously...who gives a sh!t!

I probably would've been laughing too hard at him to get mad.

Well, it was funny to see his face when I said really..the best? You are going to pass him over Roy too?? And he started to blubber a bit and then went on with his claims. :)

And they haven't even made it to the Finals yet. And this is why they don't deserve to- most of them are too stupid to know how to handle prosperity. Edited by MadDog2020

I'm fairly confident they'll be beaten by the Kings/Hawks...but just having them in the final is too far for comfort.

Unless someone decides to run Crawford / Quick.  Then who the hell knows, right?

I went to the cell phone store, and I was there over an hour.  My husband couldn't understand what was taking so long until I got home and told him that once I gave our email address (very Devils), I was treated to a 15 minute lecture about how the king is as good as Marty now, and that if they win the cup this year he will be the best of all time.  It's pointless to argue with that kind of stupidity, so I just stood there and stared at him with that kill me now look on my face.  He even came around the counter and showed me his Ranger tattoo.  Seriously...who gives a sh!t!

Good on you for not taking the bait.  I'd like to say I would've done the same.. but I don't think I'm as cool-headed as you are unfortunately 

Edited by Devilsfan118

Unless someone decides to run Crawford / Quick. Then who the hell knows, right?

Good on you for not taking the bait. I'd like to say I would've done the same.. but I don't think I'm as cool-headed as you are unfortunately

Well then how about running Lundqvist? What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If the Rags' resort to running goalies as a strategy, then you take out theirs, or keep running him until you do. That's how it works. Two-way street.
  • Like 1

Well then how about running Lundqvist? What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If the Rags' resort to running goalies as a strategy, then you take out theirs, or keep running him until you do. That's how it works. Two-way street.

Oh I totally agree.  But the Habs are composed of weak players, both mentally and physically (outside of Prust, who apparently is all bark and no bite) so I'm not expecting much.  Hell if I were Therrien I would've told my players to crash the net after every. single. play.  'Flyer' that sh!t up, if you're going to get embarrassed twice in your own building at least stand up for yourselves.  Ridiculous that they're going back to NY down 0-2 without having at least asserted themselves a bit in the series.

The Hawks got nasty against the Blues..maybe they'd start that sh!t up again with the Rangers should that matchup occur.  

Oh I totally agree. But the Habs are composed of weak players, both mentally and physically (outside of Prust, who apparently is all bark and no bite) so I'm not expecting much. Hell if I were Therrien I would've told my players to crash the net after every. single. play. 'Flyer' that sh!t up, if you're going to get embarrassed twice in your own building at least stand up for yourselves. Ridiculous that they're going back to NY down 0-2 without having at least asserted themselves a bit in the series.

The Hawks got nasty against the Blues..maybe they'd start that sh!t up again with the Rangers should that matchup occur.

The Habs are a bunch of p*ssies- everyone knows it. The Rags players know it, the coaches know it- hell the Habs fans even know it, though they probably wouldn't admit it. The Habs won't do sh!t. They had a chance to set a new tone in the series last night, and they sh!t all over themselves like the p*ssies they are. They barely made contact with a Ranger all night. I think we know what will happen over the next 3 games. Now if Blades Kreider over there wants to try running Quick or Crawford in the next round, then he and the Queen will pay for it dearly. Those teams aren't soft, nor will they take sh!t from a soft-ass, panty-waist team like the Rangers.

Yeah, remember when Sean Avery covered Brodeur's eyes?  The Devils made sure to hit him at every opportunity.  And they lost the series in 5 games including a critical goal scored while someone was out of position hitting Sean Avery.  Gimme a fvcking break, the Habs outplayed the Rangers last night, they just got zero bounces and their goalie sucked at a critical opportunity.

Yeah that's why the Devils lost that series- they weren't a cluster-fvck against the Rangers all year or anything that year. They lost because they were fixated on Avery.

It certainly didn't help.  But yeah running goalies and taking interference penalties seems like a good way to come back in a series.  Certainly beats doing things like getting shots on goal and scoring chances.

Yeah, remember when Sean Avery covered Brodeur's eyes?  The Devils made sure to hit him at every opportunity.  And they lost the series in 5 games including a critical goal scored while someone was out of position hitting Sean Avery.  Gimme a fvcking break, the Habs outplayed the Rangers last night, they just got zero bounces and their goalie sucked at a critical opportunity.

Except I'd argue that series was largely lost because the Rangers owned the Devils that year - they beat the devils, what, 6 or 7 times in the regular season?  I don't think the Devils were winning that series one way or the other.

I don't think the Rangers and Habs are that far off with a healthy Price..I mean, they got embarrassed in game 1 but I would think they would've made a series out of it. 

Edited by Devilsfan118

It certainly didn't help. But yeah running goalies and taking interference penalties seems like a good way to come back in a series. Certainly beats doing things like getting shots on goal and scoring chances.

I'm not saying don't get shots on goal and scoring chances- I'm saying the Queen is in God-mode right now, and he is the type of goalie who doesn't like traffic and activity near the crease. There's nothing wrong with going hard to the net and running him and trying to get him rattled. Furthermore, the Habs need to create waaay more traffic in front of him- he sees seemingly every shot.

can i come?

Yes, all are welcome on the coffee farm lol- this area will be a hellhole if they win it all.

I've really been trying to put the thought of the Rangers winning it in the back of my mind but it's hard to keep out. What makes it horrible for me is my brother is a die hard Rangers fan so I know if they win it, I will never hear the end of it (I still hear about 94 but at least I can make fun of that being 20 years ago).

Even my extended family that never watches hockey is on the Rangers bandwagon now. At a wedding a few weeks ago one of them asked me (seriously) if I would be pulling for the Rangers with the Devils out since "they are the local team." I don't know what I'm going to do if the Kings or Blackhawks choke against them.

I've really been trying to put the thought of the Rangers winning it in the back of my mind but it's hard to keep out. What makes it horrible for me is my brother is a die hard Rangers fan so I know if they win it, I will never hear the end of it (I still hear about 94 but at least I can make fun of that being 20 years ago).

Even my extended family that never watches hockey is on the Rangers bandwagon now. At a wedding a few weeks ago one of them asked me (seriously) if I would be pulling for the Rangers with the Devils out since "they are the local team." I don't know what I'm going to do if the Kings or Blackhawks choke against them.

Is your brother watching every game at Buffalo Wild Wings in Watchung?  I can imagine so.

I remember back in 2012 literally within a minute of Henrique scoring in game 6 he right away went to talking about the Yankees and acted like his previous month's worth of trash talking never happened.  I made sure he heard it lol.

For whatever reason, this reminds me of an interview with Dennis Leary back in '94, I believe on Nightline.  At that time, he was just getting big, and he was doing commercials for the NHL on espn.  Basically, he's asked that isn't he thrilled that the Rangers won the Cup, to which he responds that he's a Bruins fan and hopes it takes another 50 years for Rags to win another.

Basically, you have the everyday media also believing that the Rangers are the end all be all and assuming that everyone is rooting for the Rangers, a one percent kind of organization if there ever was one.  We will never hear the end of this. 

My only hope is that Bill DeBlasio whips out some of his class warfare rhetoric and says that the city should not be paying for a parade that will be attended by rich hockey fans.  Bill if you're reading this, I will give a nice donation to your campaign and stop complaining about my taxes if you do this.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

Is your brother watching every game at Buffalo Wild Wings in Watchung?  I can imagine so.

I remember back in 2012 literally within a minute of Henrique scoring in game 6 he right away went to talking about the Yankees and acted like his previous month's worth of trash talking never happened.  I made sure he heard it lol.

He watches at his place because he's usually too nervous to watch it anywhere else. It sucks since we usually watch the playoffs together but this year I've had to avoid him.

I always like seeing the trash talk he gets whenever the Rangers lose. I'll give him credit since he gives it out and takes it without complaining. 2012 was awesome though.

That sucks Fiesty... Thankfully I don't have any Rags fans in my immediate family- my brother-in-law is a Bruins fan. My cousin is a big Rags fan, but I don't see him that much- maybe twice, three times a year. I have a bunch of friends that are Rags fans though, so my Facebook feed has been tough to look at the last couple of weeks.

First of all, MTL can come back and win this series. Rangers blow at the library garden. Secondly, even if they do make the finals, they will get SMOKED by the Chi/LA.

Yes, all are welcome on the coffee farm lol- this area will be a hellhole if they win it all.

Sounds like a cult lol...farm of tears.

I'm not saying don't get shots on goal and scoring chances- I'm saying the Queen is in God-mode right now, and he is the type of goalie who doesn't like traffic and activity near the crease. There's nothing wrong with going hard to the net and running him and trying to get him rattled. Furthermore, the Habs need to create waaay more traffic in front of him- he sees seemingly every shot.

The Habs have plenty of players who do this - Gallagher, Pacioretty, even Vanek, and on and on.