NFL Week 6

CRASHER

14-0 Pats.

God damn the only thing uglier than watching the Jets play was watching them play in those uniforms. I hadn't read anything about them wearing those jerseys but I thought something was up when I went to the Red Bulls game yesterday and the Jets logo in the end zones looked funky.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Those Titan uniforms were okay for a game, not my favorite jerseys but certainly better than the Eagles' own throwbacks a few weeks ago :lol:

It's just depressing to watch Chad now, and really the whole team. I don't know what happened to him, whether he's hurt or pressing but he just can't be counted on to play mistake-free anymore. He's had some Rex Grossman-like INT's the last three weeks.

I guess you can look at the boxscore and see 16 points allowed and think the defense did okay but they really didn't. They gave the Eagles a free TD (though the refs had a hand in that too not calling a delay of game) early and honestly Akers stopped them more than the Jets' D :P

And what the hell happened to our brilliant head coach? Calling a shotgun formation on fourth-and-one inside the five?! Not to mention last week settling for a FG before the half against the Giants when they had plenty of time to go for a TD or even just get it closer than a 47-yard attempt.

And what the hell happened to our brilliant head coach? Calling a shotgun formation on fourth-and-one inside the five?! Not to mention last week settling for a FG before the half against the Giants when they had plenty of time to go for a TD or even just get it closer than a 47-yard attempt.

Really was wondering that too myself... what was that about? Jones had a good game and they don't hand him the ball at the end??

It's really at the point the New Englad offense IS unstoppable... Dallas gave up on the game kicking the short FG late in the 4th Quarter... 3 points does NOTHING for you now.... the better team won, same thing with the better conference.... we need an SD New England Prediction dammit :P:rant:

Nice to see Navy's Kyle Eckle putting the icing on the cake with the final Pats TD.

Go Navy! Soon to have 5th CIC Trophy in a row!

The Patriots probably score 60 on Dallas' defense if Brady wasn't as wild as he was overthrowing nearly everybody in the 2nd.

The Cowboys officially have no pass defense.

I can't wait for all of the pretender fans and underachieving teams fans to come on and laugh at the cowboys (mainly the G-Women fans)

Why is that necessary? Typical.

I thought Dallas played well. But the lack of stops on third and long and penalties proved costly. You can't expect to win games that way. Especially against one of the league's best. Also, the start was horrible.

New England didn't even play great and they still won by basically two scores. I wonder how they can continue to get away with essentially no run game and pass so much. They do have great weapons though. Welker absolutely killed the Boys. It was like they didn't even bother covering him. And Stallworth had a pretty good first half. Moss didn't even have to be great and still almost had three TDs.

It must be fun to be Brady. Heck. He also has Watson at TE and he missed a few series in the 2nd half.

They didn't have Muroney and their ground attack suffered. Kevin Faulk is probably the most overlooked player on their offense. Always comes up with a few key plays when his team needs it.

Romo played well. Outside of a shaky start and the Int late when the game was basically done anyway, he was pretty composed. They did a good job protecting him and he made some nice adjustments in the second half getting the ball to Witten and even his other end who's name escapes me. That guy also took a dumb penalty. They had a lot of them.

Owens was good too. I kind of like Crayton. He's the guy nobody really pays attention to and what a surprise he'd catch the one score which gave his team their only lead.

That 2-yard run by Barber might have been the best two yards any back's ever gotten. Also the longest. Great effort to avoid a sure safety. Julius Jones also had some nice runs. Dallas should've run more. NE can be attacked there. The penalties hurt.

Also, why did Wade Phillips opt for the FG instead of going for fourth and goal from the five? 38-27 at that point is meaningless. Especially against that offense.

Think he was peeved when Belichick essentially said, "F you" with that last second score for their rookie back? Man. That was evil. LOL

Dallas' schedule does get much tougher after next week with three straight division match-ups. That's where the NFC East could be decided.

Absolutely classless Billacheats decide against kneeling it, JUST for that, Bill Billacheat deserves to get shat on. What a dick.

It was bush but that was for Wade opening his trap. You had to know Belichick wouldn't let that slide.

Those Titan uniforms were okay for a game, not my favorite jerseys but certainly better than the Eagles' own throwbacks a few weeks ago :lol:

It's just depressing to watch Chad now, and really the whole team. I don't know what happened to him, whether he's hurt or pressing but he just can't be counted on to play mistake-free anymore. He's had some Rex Grossman-like INT's the last three weeks.

I guess you can look at the boxscore and see 16 points allowed and think the defense did okay but they really didn't. They gave the Eagles a free TD (though the refs had a hand in that too not calling a delay of game) early and honestly Akers stopped them more than the Jets' D :P

That was an awful call. You got to be more creative there. Especially when the Eagles gave them a golden opportunity to tie it and maybe steal a 'W.'

I feel sorry for Pennington. Watching him is sad now. The Jets should just give the ball to Clemens already.

When are they going to wake up and utilize Washington more in the offense?

Absolutely classless Billacheats decide against kneeling it, JUST for that, Bill Billacheat deserves to get shat on. What a dick.

the reason why he did what he did was for Klye Eckel who graduated from NAVY, he was an undrafted FA. his service time is up and Bill being a Navy guy wanted him to get his first TD cause who knows when he would of gotten it.

BTW Yes, as a Navy fan its really good to see him get this

and Giants should Win tomarrow night

6-0!

:clap:

I was shocked to see the final score what it was.... when I left Toronto the Cowboys were winning. I was, like, how the heck did they blow a 14-0 lead? I can't see them coming back... Dallas has all the momentum. So I wasn't optimistic about coming home to a win.

the reason why he did what he did was for Klye Eckel who graduated from NAVY, he was an undrafted FA. his service time is up and Bill being a Navy guy wanted him to get his first TD cause who knows when he would of gotten it.

:cryriver:

Hey I don't have a real problem with the weasel running it up on Dallas to tweak Phillips for his alleged quote. But come on, that's the same rationale we heard with getting Heath Evans a meaningless TD in Week 1. It's not as if the Pats aren't going to have a million chances to score TD's during the season anyway.

BTW Brady won't be sitting in the Giants game, unless the Pats are 14-1 instead of 15-0 :P

6-0!

:clap:

I was shocked to see the final score what it was.... when I left Toronto the Cowboys were winning. I was, like, how the heck did they blow a 14-0 lead? I can't see them coming back... Dallas has all the momentum. So I wasn't optimistic about coming home to a win.

Someone lied to you about the score :P

What a win for the Pats. They pretty much played as bad a game as they could and still sent the Cowboys home with their first loss. Maroney is out which makes the running game suffer, Brady seemed to be overthrowing the ball in the 2nd half, the Patriots Pass defense completely disappeared in the 3rd quarter and yet they still come out with a win.

As for the running touchdown with 17 seconds left you gotta remember it was the guys first touchdown its not like Brady dropped back and passed it to moss for a pointless rub it in your face touchdown. They let some nobody run the ball and get his first TD so its really not as bad as some have made it seem.

Was a good game and it's always fun watching Dallas play, the game just has a completely different feel to it.

Nothing much really to add here... I do gotta get back to work as I write this... so I'll just get to the rants !!!!

Sunday October 14:

St. Louis at Baltimore

How do the Ravens get this lucky to play the most putrid teams in the NFL in A ROW like this ?? Well I guess they need the help and I really can

I realize they played the Falcons but come on. That was your classic trap game and Coughlin had them ready to play. It was nice to see really. This team has real nice balance now with our run attack and passing game. And the D is coming around.

I now post blog entries over at Giants Bits. I had last night's win. It's a solid site. The other blogger is really good and does pregame stuff. If you're a Big Blue fan, hope you check it out.

I don't see how you put the Skins ahead of them. They're still not consistent enough offensively. Plus the Giants got a win there. Even if the Skins' playcalling was miserable at the end.

I think you got to have the Titans still over the Browns even though Young went down. They're a better team. Give the Browns credit for what they've done. Oh. The Steelers got to be in there man. I know they had a bye but they're in the top four in that conference.

My rankings would be:

AFC

1.Colts- more balanced than Pats and might just be better defensively.

2.Pats- didn't play great Sunday but got away with it. Where's the run attack? Can a team who passes so much win a SB?

3.Steelers- this is a toss-up between them and Jags. I like Pitt better right now.

4.Jags- looking real good. Nice 1-2 punch at RB. Garrard coming around. D playing well. And won against a team they never beat in blowout fashion.

5.Chargers- LT is taking his team on his back. They should win that division on talent alone.

6.Browns- I kind of agree with Crasher on the Ravens. I can't take them seriously. Cleveland has impressed me plus they bombed Baltimore.

NFC

1.Cowboys- they could have lost two straight but that's pointing out obvious. They played well Sunday but when push came to shove, they couldn't stop Brady. Nice offensive balance kind of like Giants. Good attack up front but secondary is questionable.

2.Packers- defense is class of conference which forces turnovers and scores like they did in win over Skins. Favre is throwing it well but where's the run game?

3.Giants- have bounced back strong. Offense is clicking on all cylinders with underrated line giving Eli tons of time. Burress is shedding the label. Spagnulo's aggressive D is getting it done. Ross looking like playmaker but secondary still a question mark.

4.Bucs- you have to give Chucky credit. I thought this team would suck even with Garcia's addition. But despite the losses at RB, his team is finding a way to win games. Galloway is super fast still and scoring TDs. The D is playing well. I am impressed.

5.Panthers- they're here by default. My SB pick is relying on Testaverde now to win games. Steve Smith is still a beast. The run attack is blah. The D is good in spots. Can John Fox get this team in?

6.Seahawks- it's hard to take them seriously when they can't even win at home after awful showing at Pitt. And Holmgren's playcalling at the end was a joke. Let's try a FB dive on 3rd and long down 11 with time winding down. They were so disorganized. This team has talent on both sides but man. Wtf is wrong with them?

Derek the Titans without Young are FINISHED... I'm assuming he's missing at least a game or two with the Quad injury... Collins is no Vinny!

I try to avoid using teams on a bye but it's obvious the two teams on top of the AFC are on a different level

and I forgot to say it in my rush to sneak the review in during work hours... it is impressive how for ONCE the Giants are playing FOR Coughlin and not against him... maybe he has some Wayne Fontes in him and will NOT die ?? B )

I'm taking a pack of Packer bandwagoners (well not really wagon fans but they only come to the bar when they are good :P) telling me the Skins are the best team we played this year as an endorsment of how high i am on the Redskins... I like their balance and personell better.. they are winning without Moss and Randle-El, the Ginats would lose to Atlanta minus Plax and Toomer!

No respect I tell ya. That's like saying the Cowboys would lose to almost anyone without TO and Witten. :lol:

Young is tough. He'll be back. Captain Kerry is scary. :rofl:

Man, that performance by Peterson was unreal. He's the real deal.

I think the Skins are good but don't you question their staff sometimes?

No respect I tell ya. That's like saying the Cowboys would lose to almost anyone without TO and Witten. :lol:

Young is tough. He'll be back. Captain Kerry is scary. :rofl:

Man, that performance by Peterson was unreal. He's the real deal.

I think the Skins are good but don't you question their staff sometimes?

Crash, how dare you make fun of David Carr without mentioning the haircut as well. There are more than 4 teams over .500. Add the Panthers as well.

And Derek...the Giants are not that good. They beat the Falcons on MNF. That isn't a trap game if it is played on Monday Night but they might be better than the Skins. It is hard to say at this point.

Edited by devilsrule33