GDT: Rangers @ Devils - 7PM

nick17112

Good post bro, spot on in pretty much every regard. I'm giddy myself- this was just a HUGE win for us. I went from wanting to smash the sh*it out of the first object I could find to absolute elation again in a span of about 20 seconds! I'll be in the house tomorrow for dollar dog night against Buffalo- hopefully we can keep it going with Weekes in net!

Thank you sir. It's weird because I'd usually flip out over blowing a 4 goal lead but I was kind of interested to see how they would respond when things got rough. I really didn't see them losing this game either way but there is no doubt that quick ass goal to put them back up really helped get things going again.

Last year in the regular season and playoffs the Devils found every way possible to lose a close game against these guys. They were flirting with that crap again but found a way to get it done. It might not have been pretty all the time but this has got to be one of the more satisfying wins that we have had in a long while.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you sir. It's weird because I'd usually flip out over blowing a 4 goal lead but I was kind of interested to see how they would respond when things got rough. I really didn't see them losing this game either way but there is no doubt that quick ass goal to put them back up really helped get things going again.

Last year in the regular season and playoffs the Devils found every way possible to lose a close game against these guys. They were flirting with that crap again but found a way to get it done. It might not have been pretty all the time but this has got to be one of the more satisfying wins that we have had in a long while.

And that has been the big difference between this year's team and last year's team- this year's team has been finding ways to win games like this. The Philly and Montreal wins last week would also have been losses last year- no doubt in my mind, especially with Marty out. But this year, they have shown that they are never out of a game, and that's a great quality for a team to have. It's refreshing to see them with that kind of attitude again.

On The Fly showed the post-game interview Elias had with Trautwig. It looked like Elias wanted to punch him in the face. A paraphrased sample of the banter:

Trautwig: The Rangers come back from 5-1 to tie the score and the body language on the Devils bench is just terrible.

Elias: I don't think our body language was that bad.

Trautwig: Well, you scored 11 seconds later. That's the point.

Elias: Yeah, that is the point.

:lol:

I have been to over two hundred devils games. and i cant help but say that this is one of the best, if not the best, games i have ever seen. i have a splitting headache and my voice is gone. i called some guy a jerk that had skin tight jeans and a mohawk and a tight rangers jersey. some HUUUUUGE b!tch in a gomez jersey told me the devils suck when the rangers made it 5-2 so i politely told her to sit down because she was a fat ass. anyway.... the crowd was great, the game on the ice was great, and that was AMAZING

I have been to over two hundred devils games. and i cant help but say that this is one of the best, if not the best, games i have ever seen. i have a splitting headache and my voice is gone. i called some guy a jerk that had skin tight jeans and a mohawk and a tight rangers jersey. some HUUUUUGE b!tch in a gomez jersey told me the devils suck when the rangers made it 5-2 so i politely told her to sit down because she was a fat ass. anyway.... the crowd was great, the game on the ice was great, and that was AMAZING

Agree 100%. I can't remember a better game. Because it was the Rangers made it oh so sweet. Was there nothing better than having those Rangers fans come to life when it was 5-3, gloat when it was 5-4 then start high fiving each other and getting typically obnoxious when it was 5-5... for all of about 20 seconds. MAN IT FELT GOOD to just KILL their spirit tonight. You couldn't have scripted a better torment to Rangers fans than what happened tonight. I'm going to enjoy this one for a long, long time. :dance:

Man, what a game. I laughed, I cried, I ...

Anyone hear Daneyko on the postgame when he watched the replay of Girardi smashing Zajac's face? Dano's whole head was turning red, he was so mad. He said he would've went after Girardi if he was still playing. He was disappointed nobody followed up.

Agree 100%. I can't remember a better game. Because it was the Rangers made it oh so sweet. Was there nothing better than having those Rangers fans come to life when it was 5-3, gloat when it was 5-4 then start high fiving each other and getting typically obnoxious when it was 5-5... for all of about 20 seconds. MAN IT FELT GOOD to just KILL their spirit tonight. You couldn't have scripted a better torment to Rangers fans than what happened tonight. I'm going to enjoy this one for a long, long time. :dance:

How was it in the crowd tonight? A lot of fights?

How was it in the crowd tonight? A lot of fights?

Actually no. Last game was definitely more combatitive. I figure the fast start by NJ toned it down a bit. I hate this new schedule. Great, I get to watch Phoenix come to town. Give us the extra Devils-Rangers games back! We have to wait until February 9th to get them back here again. Pitiful. :(

I agree he actually sounded DEPRESSED on some of the Devils goals. Jeez I missed one goal while in chat because he didn't raise his voice at all when Zajac? Scored.

I was depressed when I heard the intermission highlight in the second period and it was Cangelosi and not Doc's voice. Good grief, this weird game that I actually want to see on tape and I gotta see Cangelosi in the booth and Jimmy Cavallo in the studio?! I'm glad I was there though I wanted to crawl into a hole after the tying goal.

Clemmensen can't start tomorrow, and if Weekes plays well give him a chance to get hot the way we gave Clem a chance. I know Clem had a bad game against the Caps and has rebounded but really he's been shaky the last two games and got extremely fortunate against the Pens. Hell he was lucky he didn't give up eight or nine tonight. He looked and played scared after Zherdev abused him on the wraparound.

I'm stunned at the way this offense is humming. These are basically the exact same players from last year other than Rolston who's been a non-factor. Hell he was a negative factor in the third period when he lollygagged it going back for a puck on the power play and had to take a hooking penalty to avoid giving up a breakaway.

Edited by Hasan4978

Good Gawd what a game tonight! :koolaid: Just getting in from a celebration at Hell's Kitchen and man what a game. Finally the Devils put a whooping on Lundqvist and the NYR. Lundqvist giving up 8-goals! :rofl: Clemmensen gave up three bad goals but he hung in there and got the huge win for the Devils. Devils now winning 9 out of their last 10-games and some big games along the way. The "HENRIK" chants reigning down from the Prudential Center were just beautiful and amazing. Just a great game by the Devils minus the little lapse they had midway thru the 2nd and early 3rd period. It was Elias who took the game over for the Devils after the NYR tied the game up at 5-5. Devils had only 4-shots on goal in the 3rd, but 3 were goals.

Tonight the Devils really exposed how bad Lundqvist really is along with that porus defense infront of him. This was a longtime coming guys and the Devils really laid into the NYR tonight. It was a first class beating and I am sure it put a nice smile on Lou's and Brodeur's faces tonight. The PP was good and the PK was just the best it has been all season long especially with the 2-SHG. NYR now have given up an NHL most 10-SHG so far this season. Pandolfo's SHG in the 1st to get the ruckus crowd going was great. The Devils fans and the Devils were ready for this one and it could have been a worse of a beating if Zubrus didn't miss the EN and Parise on that breakaway. Great win and I am so shot from this game tonight and hope to have something for tomorrow night's game vs. Buffalo. :P

Clemmensen is the first Devils goalie to beat the NYR besides Brodeur since Chris Terreri and the first time since 1987 the Devils scored 8-goals on the NYR. :koolaid:

Not really sure who will start in goal tomorrow, but have to go with Clemmensen as he is just amazing right now and getting the job done and winning 9 out of the last 10-games against bigtime opponents. It wouldn't suprise me to see Weekes, but would rather see Clemmensen to keep this thing the Devils have right now going.

Edited by SatansDevils

He said he would've went after Girardi if he was still playing. He was disappointed nobody followed up.

He actually said he would have spanked him. Man do I love Dano.

WHAT a freaking game. I'm amped up and ready to go for 12:30. How do you not re watch a game like this? I'm usually very cautious with 'gut' feelings, but when we scored three, I knew we had it.

I was depressed when I heard the intermission highlight in the second period and it was Cangelosi and not Doc's voice. Good grief, this weird game that I actually want to see on tape and I gotta see Cangelosi in the booth and Jimmy Cavallo in the studio?! I'm glad I was there though I wanted to crawl into a hole after the tying goal.

Clemmensen can't start tomorrow, and if Weekes plays well give him a chance to get hot the way we gave Clem a chance. I know Clem had a bad game against the Caps and has rebounded but really he's been shaky the last two games and got extremely fortunate against the Pens. Hell he was lucky he didn't give up eight or nine tonight. He looked and played scared after Zherdev abused him on the wraparound.

I'm stunned at the way this offense is humming. These are basically the exact same players from last year other than Rolston who's been a non-factor. Hell he was a negative factor in the third period when he lollygagged it going back for a puck on the power play and had to take a hooking penalty to avoid giving up a breakaway.

Clemmensen got outplayed by Lundqvist, it sounds non-sensical, I know, but it's true. Time to give Weekes a chance to play. I thought the team lagged badly at 5-1, but 3 of those shouldn't have been in the net. Yes, Whitey gets 1/2 credit for losing the battle to Gomez, so that's not all Clemmer, but he kicked it right back to Gomez.

The offensive play is amazing. Even more amazing is that the key players to the offense were the same freaking players that were around last season and the system is the same system that Sutter scraped 10 games into last season, just aggressive forecheck, turning the puck over and getting solid chances instead of pop-gunning from outside the circles.

great game to be at tonight - as triumph noted, i was texting back and forth with him and i said at 5-1 i was afraid the devils would give it up - gomez's line still had jump and the devils just refused to stand them up at the line and throw off their timing.

great crowd - green man in the house, great chants and no fights that i could see - i like the energy when the rangers come in as long as the place doesn't turn into a bunch of a$$holes. when the rangers scored the 4th goal until they got their 5th, the place was filled with nervous energy.

some other thoughts:

someone should have decapitated a ranger after the sh!t girardi pulled on zajac.

as discussed ad nauseum, worst refereeing ever. just inexcusable - like if it were the nfl, the league would actually condone it the week after.

zubrus is a monster and his linemates are burying everything they can.

that was the 2nd breakaway in as many games that zach tried to go backhand on the queen and could not convert.

i am done with the 5 forward PP. rolston and langenbrunner cannot both man the points on the same PP. neither can handle the puck as a pp qb that well - they're both at the point for their shot. take one of oduya, martin and mottau and put them on pp 1 and put langs at the point on pp 2.

if we're seeing where rolston's top speed is now, that contract WILL be a problem.

i love it when this team goes streaking - it happens every year and its always a pleasure. it's like watching the '98 yanks - you just know they'll win while they're going like this.

That was just... wow. My unit was having an Xmas party so I did not get a chance to listen to the game but Jesus H. Christ 8 goals?

Does anyone remember the last time we scored 8 goals in a friggen game? Furthermore does anyone know what the "H" in Jesus H. Christ stands for?

Harold. Y'know, Jesus H Christ, Harold be thy name.

------------------------

I have no voice, and I was actually exhausted from yelling after the seventh goal, I could only sit and smile for the eighth.

I'm SO glad that Lundqvist was in net for all eight goals against. I'm also very impressed that we scored three times in the third on only four shots on goal. Making 'em count.

I'm impressed with the fact that we got two goals that I dubbed "shut the fvck up" goals at the game. The goal that made it 2-1, and the goal that made it 6-5 completely deflated the Ranger fanbase, at least in my area. It made them shut the fvck up. We needed that desperately.

Good handful of fights too, save for Zajac's, which really shouldn't count, but oh well.

We should be concerned about the fact that we seem to forget to play hockey with a big lead, but right now...

Now's for celebrating.