All Aboard The Severson Train

Triumph

If we are talking about just making the playoffs and then dipping out early, we will contend next year as long as Cory plays the same but doesn't have a .905 month again.

Anyway this is about Severson, there are 10 other threads for this topic.  He's still really good, is all.

Why does this even have to be defended after last night? He's been back for one game, and played for 16 minutes with no special teams.

Why does this even have to be defended after last night? He's been back for one game, and played for 16 minutes with no special teams.

Because, you constantly questioning person, I was trying to get the thread back on track, and you are once again derailing it with one of your annoying questions.  As you always do now, apparently.  I was posting in here to point out Severson's game last night and what I liked about it.  This team has about 6 players I enjoy watching and Severson is one of them.  If you don't like the idea of a thread that tracks Damon Severson's progress, just don't click on it, and certainly don't post in it.

Because, you constantly questioning person, I was trying to get the thread back on track, and you are once again derailing it with one of your annoying questions.  As you always do now, apparently.  I was posting in here to point out Severson's game last night and what I liked about it.  This team has about 6 players I enjoy watching and Severson is one of them.  If you don't like the idea of a thread that tracks Damon Severson's progress, just don't click on it, and certainly don't post in it.

?? I wasn't trying to derail or be annoying. I was agreeing with you. Why do you have to make it personal? I like the thread. If anything, you really have to check yourself. What is it with your hostility? 

I do like how he stuck with the "train" analogy...

Because, you constantly questioning person, I was trying to get the thread back on track, and you are once again derailing it with one of your annoying questions. As you always do now, apparently. I was posting in here to point out Severson's game last night and what I liked about it. This team has about 6 players I enjoy watching and Severson is one of them. If you don't like the idea of a thread that tracks Damon Severson's progress, just don't click on it, and certainly don't post in it.

Agree. He is a treat to watch as is Larsson now. I heard or read somewhere where Scotty Bowman was literally raving about both of these guys back when he saw the Devils playing I think against Detroit or maybe it was Chicago.

I like severson and there's enough smoke to say that the fire should be pretty bright.

but just be careful with the smallish sample size. just remember: "i don't have to worry about Jon Merrill"

I won't be.  He's a special player.  Jon Merrill never looked like this, and neither did Eric Gelinas.

I won't be. He's a special player. Jon Merrill never looked like this, and neither did Eric Gelinas.

This is win-win. Either we have a borderline hall of fame defenseman, or we get to all tell Triumph that he was wrong.

As Gore Vidal said, and as I've noted here before, the greatest words in the English language are "I told you so."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk