2013-2014 Attendance

Mike Brown

Problem is those lounges can only hold so much and I can imagine every Tom, Dick and Harry will want to be in one of those lounges whether they got seats or not.  It's nice that now anyone can go in, but don't expect either of them to have any feeling of a "lounge" left in them when the masses arrive.

I'm not so sure about that (although I could totally be wrong). There aren't a large influx of people hanging out all game in the Goal Bar throughout the game, from what I've seen. Aside from ChuckTheDuck's good point about people going for that center ice view, I can't imagine people who come to the game wanting to be stuck in there cramped all game. But yeah, the center ice view is pretty sweet, that could be a problem.

I'm not so sure about that (although I could totally be wrong). There aren't a large influx of people hanging out all game in the Goal Bar throughout the game, from what I've seen. Aside from ChuckTheDuck's good point about people going for that center ice view, I can't imagine people who come to the game wanting to be stuck in there cramped all game. But yeah, the center ice view is pretty sweet, that could be a problem.

Thing is that most people still do not know you can go to the Goal Bar even if you do not have tickets there.  They put a guard there even before the game so people assume it is off-limits.  Take that stuff away and you would see the Goal Bar getting crushed.

Plus the Lounges are far nicer than the Goal Bar.  The GB is another thing at the Rock that seems like it was never completely finished.

i went up to the goal bar once this season for the first time.. also was unsure having never been up there if it was open to anyone.. anyways i thought it was pretty nice but it was kind of a quiet older crowd not really what i was expecting but i think it was also a week day game so maybe that had something to do with it.. i like how it over looked both rinks thought that was cool.. now as far as eating there does anyone know any information about that? can you just go there before games and try to get a seat at the ledge for the game or do you have ot make a reservation? and also how do you go about trying to make a reservation is there a certain number to call for it?

Problem is those lounges can only hold so much and I can imagine every Tom, Dick and Harry will want to be in one of those lounges whether they got seats or not.  It's nice that now anyone can go in, but don't expect either of them to have any feeling of a "lounge" left in them when the masses arrive.

I realize you noted in a different post that the Goal Bar was open to everyone, but couldn't the Devils treat those center ice sections like Club seats, i.e. only allow Club seat ticket holders into those sections?  To me that would be the easiest solution if they drop the unlimited food and drink in the center ice lounge sections.

Thing is that most people still do not know you can go to the Goal Bar even if you do not have tickets there. They put a guard there even before the game so people assume it is off-limits. Take that stuff away and you would see the Goal Bar getting crushed.

Plus the Lounges are far nicer than the Goal Bar. The GB is another thing at the Rock that seems like it was never completely finished.

The goal bar is only open to everyone before and after the game. During the game you have to have seats in particular sections. I don't recall which sections are included in that. I'm positive it's not open to all though.

Maybe that's how they run the lounges next year then? Everyone allowed before and after the game, but during, only those with tickets at center ice. I know if it was open to all for the whole game, I'm doing everything I can to stake out a spot in there to watch from the top of the lower bowl. That's the best spot to watch a game imo.

The goal bar is only open to everyone before and after the game. During the game you have to have seats in particular sections. I don't recall which sections are included in that. I'm positive it's not open to all though.

Maybe that's how they run the lounges next year then? Everyone allowed before and after the game, but during, only those with tickets at center ice. I know if it was open to all for the whole game, I'm doing everything I can to stake out a spot in there to watch from the top of the lower bowl. That's the best spot to watch a game imo.

I may be wrong on this, but I think starting this past season you can be in the goal bar the entire game even if your seats aren't there, just in a certain area.

Again I may be wrong on that.

I may be wrong on this, but I think starting this past season you can be in the goal bar the entire game even if your seats aren't there, just in a certain area.

Again I may be wrong on that.

I thought this as well. I feel like my friends and I had gone into the goal bar a couple times for a drink mid-play, they never checked tickets.