#1421 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 03:18 PM

http://nhlspot.blogspot.com/

Jamie Langenbrunner is being shopped by the New Jersey Devils.

-------

Obviously with the source take that with a grain of salt.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#1422 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 03:59 PM

Cujo is an average goalie who should be in the 700,000 range. He was replaced by Legace.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1423 mddevsfan

mddevsfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:24 PM

http://nhlspot.blogspot.com/

Jamie Langenbrunner is being shopped by the New Jersey Devils.

-------

Obviously with the source take that with a grain of salt.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't like that at all.

Then again, this guy also had Almo to Florida or Washington. (no mention of the Devils)

He also has Bondra in LA, no wait Washington, no Atlanta or Florida, or maybe San Jose... but he's hearing a lot about Philly...

Whatever. :blahblah: :rolleyes:
"The Devils always find a way to win. That will continue." - Scott Stevens

#1424 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:25 PM

Cujo is an average goalie who should be in the 700,000 range.  He was replaced by Legace.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cujo is a great goalie who was never replaced by legace.
He started the season injured. Then in an effort to get rid of him detroit sent him to the minors and waived him and such without giving him a chance to play, they gave him a chance at last, he exceled. He was then injured by korlyuk who tackled cujo as he was handling the puck. legace was given the chance the rest of the way then finally to the playoffs where he played average cujo stole the job back and played fantastic. And he played nearly as well, if not just as well, as kipprusoft in the dead things flames series.
Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#1425 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:32 PM

So the Lightning now consist of Lacavalier, St. Louis, and 21 guys making the league minimum?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not really. They also signed Richards a couple of years ago to a longterm deal. So, he'll be in Tampa another two or three years. And they also gave Modin an extension last summer. I think Fedotenko is also signed. This team will have its core intact for the future. The question is how will it be affected cap-wise?

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#1426 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:34 PM

cujo is a great goalie who was never replaced by legace.
He started the season injured. Then in an effort to get rid of him detroit sent him to the minors and waived him and such without giving him a chance to play, they gave him a chance at last, he exceled. He was then injured by korlyuk who tackled cujo as he was handling the puck. legace was given the chance the rest of the way then finally to the playoffs where he played average cujo stole the job back and played fantastic. And he played nearly as well, if not just as well, as kipprusoft in the dead things flames series.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a pretty accurate description bruins. I'm just not sure about the great part anymore.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#1427 mddevsfan

mddevsfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:37 PM

So the Lightning now consist of Lacavalier, St. Louis, and 21 guys making the league minimum?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not really. They also signed Richards a couple of years ago to a longterm deal. So, he'll be in Tampa another two or three years. And they also gave Modin an extension last summer. I think Fedotenko is also signed. This team will have its core intact for the future. The question is how will it be affected cap-wise?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was exaggerating a little to make my point. They have their core, but they'll be in a world of cap-hurt to try and get any depth. I can't check nhlpa.com now for the numbers, but with Vinny, St. Louis, Richards, Modin, and Fedotenko signed, they CAN'T have much room left.
"The Devils always find a way to win. That will continue." - Scott Stevens

#1428 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:40 PM

Cujo is an average goalie with a penchant for making the easy save look great.

He anointed GOD status in Toronto because.....they were Leaf fans... who just needed something to cheer for.

You can set your Spring cleaning calendar by him with his annual wilting in the playoff heat.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1429 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:45 PM

Well Cujo is only making $900K this year before any bonuses which have to do with playoff performance I think...of Phoenix can get there.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#1430 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:47 PM

In 5 years with a toronto team that's best defender for years was bryan mccabe he made 3 ECF's. Pretty damn impressive.

He allows some soft goals in the playoffs, but he always makes up for them with huge saves. You can say all you want to about his poor play in one game, but 90 percent of the time the team wouldn't have even been that far in the playoffs if it wasn't for his work earlier.

I'm a huge cujo fan, i still think he's great, but we'll see how his age effects him this upcoming season. Last time hockey was played he was outstanding.
Posted Image

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#1431 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:48 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was exaggerating a little to make my point. They have their core, but they'll be in a world of cap-hurt to try and get any depth. I can't check nhlpa.com now for the numbers, but with Vinny, St. Louis, Richards, Modin, and Fedotenko signed, they CAN'T have much room left.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I belive they are at 35.7 or something around there. They aren't that screwed this year, its next year that they are screwed.

Actually they are screwed this year with their lack of goaltending and i can't wait to mock those bastards.
Posted Image

#1432 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:51 PM

[quote name='MantaRay' date='Aug 24 2005, 05:40 PM']Cujo is an average goalie with a penchant for making the easy save look great.

Edited by Derek21, 24 August 2005 - 04:53 PM.

#1433 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 05:41 PM

Average? Was there anything average about the way he stoned the Avalanche when he was with Edmonton?

He sure wasn't average against Carolina in 2002. He did everything he could to win that series. It would have been over a lot quicker if not for him.

He never had the defense Brodeur had when they played each other twice. If not for a crazy third period in Game Two 2001, the Leafs go on to beat the Devils. That was one of the craziest games ever. Wasn't it that same series that swung on a Rafalski goal off a Toronto defenseman?

We're not talking about an average goalie but one of the elite netminders for a 5-6 year period. In Detroit, they couldn't solve Giguere. Was that his fault?

Tell ya something else. Cujo isn't the only goalie who makes average saves look great. Your own goalie does it

Yes AVERAGE.

He was so spectacular in nets that Edmonton decided they didn't think he was worth the money.
He was spectacular that he was basically cut by St. Louis.

In his last three years in Toronto he played in front of one of the league top defenses, allowing the 5th least amount of shots on him and yet....NOTHING.

Every year a different excuse and the results are the same.

He is an average goalie that no one else in the league thought was worth it. Phoenix was the only team left.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1434 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 05:45 PM

Average? Was there anything average about the way he stoned the Avalanche when he was with Edmonton?

He sure wasn't average against Carolina in 2002. He did everything he could to win that series. It would have been over a lot quicker if not for him.

He never had the defense Brodeur had when they played each other twice. If not for a crazy third period in Game Two 2001, the Leafs go on to beat the Devils. That was one of the craziest games ever. Wasn't it that same series that swung on a Rafalski goal off a Toronto defenseman?

We're not talking about an average goalie but one of the elite netminders for a 5-6 year period. In Detroit, they couldn't solve Giguere. Was that his fault?

Tell ya something else. Cujo isn't the only goalie who makes average saves look great. Your own goalie does it

Yes AVERAGE.

He was so spectacular in nets that Edmonton decided they didn't think he was worth the money.

In his last three years in Toronto he played in front of one of the league top defenses, allowing the 5th least amount of shots on him and yet....NOTHING.

He is an average goalie that no one else in the league thought was worth it. Phoenix was the only team left.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Every year a different excuse? Please, every year he couldn't score a goal, how bout we fault him for that?

Your basically saying, that every goalie who's never won a cup has an excuse and is average. Because i could paint a similar picture about guys like beezer or moog or other various great goalies who never won a cup and call them "average", because they couldn't win themselves a cup with a team not playing in front of them.
Posted Image

#1435 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 05:57 PM

Edmonton didn't have any money.

Joseph is an excellent goalie who was definitely in the top 10 when he was in Edmonton and Toronto.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1436 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:10 PM

Yes AVERAGE.

More like they couldn't afford him under the old system.

Spectacular, yes. But again, he wound up in Edmonton because Keenan brought in his guy Grant Fuhr. You remember him, don't ya? Hall of Fame Edmonton goalie coming back from drug problems and injuries. They couldn't keep both. So, he traded him to Edmonton with Mike Grier for draft choices (the best of which was Marty Reasoner).

Top defenses? Who did the Leafs have on that vaunted D that sent shivers down Devil spines? Scissor-McCabe? Softie Kaberle? Marchment? Cross? 

You have to be joking. They might not have allowed many shots. But if you think those kinds of players are on par with Scott Stevens, Scott Niedermayer and Brian Rafalski, more power to ya.

Wrong. Every year, a Devil fan who makes a total fool out of themselves because they have a bitter hatred for Cujo when he happened to be a really good goalie there despite what he had in front of him.

He is an average goalie that no one else in the league thought was worth it.  Phoenix was the only team left.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is the only thing we agree on. He's older now and injury prone.

Since you seem to believe he was average throughout his career, why don't we poll the rest of this board and see if they agree?

Was Cujo average in St. Louis?

Was he average in Edmonton where he got them into the playoffs for the first time in a couple of years and stole two series against far superior rosters as low seeds ('97- 1 seed Dallas where he robbed Nieuwendyk in OT of the winner; '98- Colorado when they couldn't score on him)?

Was he average in Toronto when suddenly a team that hadn't seen the postseason in a few years came over to the East and in most seasons were one of the top three teams in the conference? And oh btw...he got them to their only two Conference Finals since '93.

Was he average in Detroit where despite a controversy, he was the guy against Anaheim whose team couldn't score in that series? And fans on this board should know what that's like.

So, where was he average?

#1437 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:36 PM

You can make all the excuses in the world for him, but the bottomline is he was never a great goalie (Roy, Brodeur, Belfour category) and basically an average goalie who made the easy saves look hard.

In a few years he will be remembered along the ranks of Rob Tallas, Richie Parent and Blaine Lacher for all his greatness. Its seems most hockey GM's ignored him this summer.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1438 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:46 PM

Joseph probably won't make it to the Hall of Fame, but comparing him to Blaine Lacher is ridiculous. If he wins a Cup, he's mentioned with those names - he's one step below them.

Most GMs ignored him because they already have a goalie and there's no market to trade goalies.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1439 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:02 PM

You can make all the excuses in the world for him, but the bottomline is he was never a great goalie (Roy, Brodeur, Belfour category) and basically an average goalie who made the easy saves look hard.

In a few years he will be remembered along the ranks of Rob Tallas, Richie Parent and Blaine Lacher for all his greatness.  Its seems most hockey GM's ignored him this summer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

your basically playing yourself like a broken record without disproving or showing HOW he was average at any point of time despite what derek's shown you as proof.

blain lacher.....wow.

if any thing he's going to be considered among guys like andy moog, rogie vachon, john vanbriesbrouck, and those guys. But like tri said, he wins a cup he's marked remarkebly higher.

i can't believe your honestly comparing cujo to a guy like lacher who had ONE YEAR literally ONE YEAR in a lockout year. and had an incredible 5 awful games in the playoffs.
http://www.hockeydb....y.php3?pid=2889
your honestly comparing cujo to that kind of guy....wow.

and RICHIE PARENT? wow thats even worse. the most games this guy played in a total season were an astounding 14.
http://www.hockeydb....a...pid[]=13781

Edited by bruins4777, 24 August 2005 - 07:06 PM.

Posted Image

#1440 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 09:55 PM

im thinking that maybe he meant Bernie Parent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users