New Year's Eve GDT: Pittsburgh Penguins @ NJ Devils

Steven M.

Another GREAT GAME by Marty. That's three straight home games I've attended and three straight victories. Whatta vacation! Totally not gonna have a voice tomorrow. Some Pens fans got a Lets Go Pens chant going in section 10 after their goal... At the top of my lungs, slowly and deliberately screamed LETTTTTTS GOOOOO DEEEEEVILLLLLS... Everyone in the section joined, and we shut em up. What an exciting finish!!

You haven't watched Devils hockey last year or this have you?

In his defense, I haven't seen Kovy that animated this season.. The 2nd half of last season I loved his celebrations and the excitement/energy he brought.. I have been curious as to why he hasn't been like that more this season.. Definitely nice to see it tonight though

Now that's what I call a strong 60 minutes of hockey. I'll take that any day. People wonder why I get so pissed when they lose to teams like the Islanders and Carolina.

Already went through this...the Devils are now 2-1 against the 'Canes and 1-1 against the Isles. Are the Devils so awesome that they should have automatically went 5-0 in those games? Teams with bad records sometimes beat teams with better records.

Happy as hell for Marty...hope the numbers can keep heading towards respectability...he deserves to go out that way. Save% is up to .892.

And the home/road games still haven't balanced out yet...3 more road games played than home games.

21-15-1...hard to quibble with that, unless you're ben00rs. Considering how this team was looking at 12-12-1, I'll happily take that.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Hopefully we can now put to rest the theory that the league rigs game against us and in Pittsburgh's favor.

You know what, new theory. Since Shanny is the new Director of Player Safety now (or whatever hes called...), I think he's convinced everyone to lay off. The Kovalchuk contract thing is recent, but other than that... everything involving the refs and league officiating happened years ago, and they were all Shanny's compatriots anyway. I didn't believe it earlier, and didn't want to "jinx" it or anything, but maybe there's a hint of a sunrise in Newark? :)

Another GREAT GAME by Marty. That's three straight home games I've attended and three straight victories. Whatta vacation! Totally not gonna have a voice tomorrow. Some Pens fans got a Lets Go Pens chant going in section 10 after their goal... At the top of my lungs, slowly and deliberately screamed LETTTTTTS GOOOOO DEEEEEVILLLLLS... Everyone in the section joined, and we shut em up. What an exciting finish!!

Thats what we need too! They just said 4-5 last home games have been sell outs! I have to get tickets soon. I wish I wasnt so broke. Whens the next college night? lol

Already went through this...the Devils are now 2-1 against the 'Canes and 1-1 against the Isles. Are the Devils so awesome that they should have automatically went 5-0 in those games? Teams with bad records sometimes beat teams with better records.

Happy as hell for Marty...hope the numbers can keep heading towards respectability...he deserves to go out that way. Save% is up to .892.

And the home/road games still haven't balanced out yet...3 more road games played than home games.

21-15-1...hard to quibble with that, unless you're ben00rs. Considering how this team was looking at 12-12-1, I'll happily take that.

I think so yes. :)