Devils acquire Loktionov

jagknife

This could be a setup move for another trade, who knows...

Id like to know what we could get for josefson and a dman or few prospect D

I wouldn't trade JJ. He might be snake-bitten but the effort he puts out there is completely unmatched. I love his game and passion. You cannot get a return better then that. Especially for a true depth center in Josefson.

Henrique is a wing, unless there's going to be massive progress as faceoffs go.   He's not a big passer and he's a sub 50/50 faceoff guy.   Not Elias bad, but really he strikes me as a guy who plays C in the NHL because his team doesn't have enough C's to go around, and that would definitely describe us last season without Zajac.

I like it.  Use Elias-Zajac-Clarkson against the toughs, give the Henrique-Loktionov-Kovalchuk line a lot of time in the offensive zone, then have a third line with Zubrus, Josefson, and Butler.  4th line CBGB.  If you want to use CBGB against the other team's 2nd line, as DeBoer (insanely) did in last year's playoffs, go nuts.

My thoughts exactly on a solid third line. You've got a playmaker, a scorer, and a Zubrus. I think the top two lines might be able to get shuffled a bit too, but those could potentially be really good.

I really hope Josefson is not getting traded. I think his value is only going to go up. Plus I think he's important part of the Devils' future.

I like it.  Use Elias-Zajac-Clarkson against the toughs, give the Henrique-Loktionov-Kovalchuk line a lot of time in the offensive zone, then have a third line with Zubrus, Josefson, and Butler.  4th line CBGB.  If you want to use CBGB against the other team's 2nd line, as DeBoer (insanely) did in last year's playoffs, go nuts.

Those lines are really interesting, and I would like to see them tried out. The 3rd and 4th lines end up particularly nice and the top 6 seems to have some potential. Pretty balanced all around. They definitely could work, in theory.

• Like 1

Going through a number of blogs a lot of Kings comentators and fans seem very dissapointed that he has been traded and there seems to be a concensus that he is NHL calibre.

A fith round pick is always a huge gamble to make the NHL, so to get someone who is already NHL calibre looks like a win on our side. 

My only concern is he bolts after this season if he hasnt secured a place in the lineup or hasnt been given the chance.

http://thehockeywriters.com/several-kings-including-andrei-loktionov-miss-the-cut-on-stanley-cup/

Quite interesting about Loktionov not getting his name on the cup.  In fact incredibly harsh by the Kings for not making a case for him. No wonder he didnt want to stay.

He did get to skate around the ice with it though.......

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12062012/5/photo/12062012050832.html

l6026174.jpg

<_<

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

not exactly sure what to think about that trade... Loktionov asked for a trade cause he was buried behind 3 centers... and now he's traded here and the situation is the same... they tried him on the wing and it didnt work out. And looks like the kid might leave for russia after this season... so fair to think that Lou seems to think he can put him centering our 3rd line or he might simply lose him. Usually i'd think that it's just a depth move or a project but seems like time is ticking on that one... maybe not, but it's risky.

could mean that there's another move coming or that they are thinking of promoting someone on the top line on the wing. But at the end of the day what NJ needs is someone to play with Zajac and Kovy and bump down the Carter Gionta Bernier line on the 4th cause we want to keep them together and not have guys like Josefson or zubs on the 4th line they are too good.

curious to see

http://thehockeywriters.com/several-kings-including-andrei-loktionov-miss-the-cut-on-stanley-cup/

Quite interesting about Loktionov not getting his name on the cup.  In fact incredibly harsh by the Kings for not making a case for him. No wonder he didnt want to stay.

He did get to skate around the ice with it though.......

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12062012/5/photo/12062012050832.html

<_<

. That's bullsh&#33;t that the Kings didn't make an exception for him. If you play in the playoffs, you should get your name on the Cup. Period. The fact that Loktionov not only played in the playoffs, but only fell short of the regular season requirement by 2 games and they didn't bother to include him is harsh.

A post from a supposed Kings fan on TG's Blog

"Kings fan here. If Lokti stays healthy, you guys are getting one heck of a player. He’s small, but an extremely skilled passer. He never caught on with the Kings because our past 2 coaches both valued size and strength over speed and skill. Plus, now that we’ve got Kopitar and Richards we have no spot for him. He’s had shoulder problems that have hurt his chances to stay with the Kings, but he’s been healthy the past year. He should fit in with your team because your organization knows how to use smaller players. I hate to see him go, but I wish him the best with you guys. Giving up just a 5th round pick is a steal with this guys talent.

A post from a supposed Kings fan on TG's Blog

"Kings fan here. If Lokti stays healthy, you guys are getting one heck of a player. He’s small, but an extremely skilled passer. He never caught on with the Kings because our past 2 coaches both valued size and strength over speed and skill. Plus, now that we’ve got Kopitar and Richards we have no spot for him. He’s had shoulder problems that have hurt his chances to stay with the Kings, but he’s been healthy the past year. He should fit in with your team because your organization knows how to use smaller players. I hate to see him go, but I wish him the best with you guys. Giving up just a 5th round pick is a steal with this guys talent.

well that's encouraging

Who knows what's down the road, but if you look at the trade itself, it is a steal for the Devils.  Getting a 22 year old center with good talent and speed for a 5th round pick is a win in my book. 

I don't think Lou would trade for him to have him play on the first line in Albany, only to lose him to the KHL next season.  But if that is what ultimately happens, then this still was a gamble worth taking and clearly adds to our forward depth in the playoff push this season.

From reading the kings boards, they all seem glad that he left cause they knew there wasn't a spot for him in the top team, saying that they misused him, but a few of them are also saying he is a career ahl-er... i don't think so, i think if lou traded for him he means to use him... can't wait to see what he does