2014 Miami Dolphins thread

MadDog2020

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is this Damien Williams I keep hearing about? Supposed to be the fastest back on the team that can catch as well.

Undrafted out of Oklahoma, kid had a really good camp. I actually wish we'd give him Moreno's carries instead of Miller.

Don't think so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You think everyone sucks.

I was afraid he would turn into Aaron Maybin. We should have been so lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's Vernon Gholston at this point. I'm fed up with Jordan... Should've traded him when we had the chance. Edited by MadDog2020

Only when they put on Dolphin uniforms.

But seriously, while everyone thinks that their depth or practice squad running back might turn into Arian Foster, 99% of the time they're there for a reason.

Im with ya, but Williams has flashed when he's gotten chances. Like I said, I'd rather let him take the majority of the reps over Miller... Williams is also a much better blocker than Miller. Edited by MadDog2020

You guys are crazy. He's turned the ball over only once.. while your teams allowed 63 points, and 300 rushing yrds over the last 2 weeks. That isn't on Tannehill. Granted he's not playing spectacular, but you're certainly not losing games because of him.

..as a Jets fan, I would trade you BOTH Vick & Geno for Tannehill tomorrow.

I just don't think a win\loss record of 16-19 over the past 3 seasons is that bad.. especially considering the crap he's had to deal with. The guy didn't have an offensive line last year, and still finished 8-8. I've seen first hand how fanbases can cannibalize a kids career, and it's happening in Miami with RT. It takes 3-4 years to develop a QB, and he's considered a bust after 35 games? The kid is 26 years old. I would take him in a heartbeat.

I just don't think a winloss record of 16-19 over the past 3 seasons is that bad.. especially considering the crap he's had to deal with. The guy didn't have an offensive line last year, and still finished 8-8. I've seen first hand how fanbases can cannibalize a kids career, and it's happening in Miami with RT. It takes 3-4 years to develop a QB, and he's considered a bust after 35 games? The kid is 26 years old. I would take him in a heartbeat.

Ha! You're definitely running counter intel to try and get a rival team to keep a crap QB.

Repeat after me. Tannehill sucks.. He is even worse than sucking, He should give the fans a refund.

Tannehill's biggest issue (besides his seemingly worsening accuracy and his complete and utter inability to hit a deep ball) is his sh!tty instincts. He holds the ball too long and he doesn't bail the pocket when things break down- 3rd and 1 today and he can easily run for the first after seeing no one open, but he stays in the pocket and takes a sack. When the play breaks down, it's like Tannehill is in quicksand- this sh!t needs to end, but I'm starting to think this is just who he is. And Philbin... Don't even get me started. I want to punch him in his goofy-ass bald head. Philbin oozes weakness and he coaches like a scared little bitch. After the sh!t he pulled at the end of the half last week, followed by his complete mismanagement of the clock at the end of the half today... I've seen enough. Get off my lawn you goofy motherfvcker. Give me Harbaugh or give me death.

Edited by MadDog2020

:unsure:  WOW.... just, wow..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000399010/article/dolphins-philbin-noncommittal-about-ryan-tannehill

"The Ryan Tannehill experience has come under fire over the last few weeks in Miami. Now we aren't even sure if that experience is going to continue this week in London against the Raiders. Miami Dolphins coach Joe Philbin was non-committal when asked Monday if the team was going to start against the Raiders. "We'll decide our game plan before we leave to play Oakland." --Philbin said. It was a stunning non-admission. Given the chance to simply state Tannehill was the starter, Philbin talked multiple times about getting the "best 46 players" ready to play this week and going from there. Miami has a solid backup option in Matt Moore, and Tannehill's accuracy has been shaky all season. But it would be a shocking development to see the Dolphins pull the plug so early during Tannehill's development in new offensive coordinator Bill Lazor's system. It's only Week 4, and this is the type of franchise-altering decision that doesn't usually arrive until deep into a panicked season."

Twitter has exploded over the past hour with various analyst's basically echoing the same sentiment. Moore may very well get the nod this week against Oakland.

..this is a train-wreck in Miami. This kid doesn't even have 2½ years under his belt, and they're freaking out with a 1-2 record??! Mike Sherman brought 25 TD's\4,000 yrds out of the kid last season, with dental floss for an o-line.. and Tannehill's going to take the fall for Lazor?! Maybe this is the best thing for RT, get the hell out of Miami with whatever wherewithal he has left. Philbin has completely destroyed that team.. and even as a rival fan, it's sad to see.

EDIT: It took all of 3 games of McElroy for Jets fans to appreciate Sanchez. (one of which he was sacked a record 14 times) Perhaps when you boys see a couple of outings from Savior Matt Moore, you'll reconsider what you had in Ryan Tannehill.

Edited by Beezer34