new tampa bay logo and jersey

ZeroGravityFat

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new-logo-group-DL.jpg

I dont know. They were due for a change and update, but this seems like they are going in the wrong direction. It seems a little plan. They do say the simpler the better.

Season ticket holders next season will get a free jersey though. Thats kinda cool.

ZGF...you need to make the GDT today man!

Edited by Quinn01

Well I kinda feel that the last logo (the patch) should be the main one.

But then people would be giving them sh*t, saying they just went with the trend of putting a logo in a circle with the team name around it...Columbus, Wild, Pittsburgh, Florida, etc.

new-logo-group-DL.jpg

I dont know. They were due for a change and update, but this seems like they are going in the wrong direction. It seems a little plan. They do say the simpler the better.

Season ticket holders next season will get a free jersey though. Thats kinda cool.

ZGF...you need to make the GDT today man!

i can't do it, the streak was broken!

Well I kinda feel that the last logo (the patch) should be the main one.

That's all well and good, but there are only so many things you can do with a lightning bolt. Honestly, I love their secondary logo- the state of Florida with the bolt. If anything, you can argue they should make that their primary logo.

I like it minus the gatorade rip off.

Are they sponsored by Gatorade?

They look like the Toronto Gatorades.

That's funny that all of you say that because if there is anything that is good about this rebrand, it's that the actual bolt looks less like the Gatorade bolt than anything that they've used before:

708321-21201133201am.jpgGatorade.jpg

Edited by BCdevil

Why, because their previous logo/jerseys were a whole 4 years old?

@BCdevil: Yeah but before there was the "Tampa Bay" above it and and the circle to distinguish it from the Gatorade bolt. Without those, the comparisons are easier to make.

Edited by iamtheprodigy

@BCdevil: Yeah but before there was the "Tampa Bay" above it and and the circle to distinguish it from the Gatorade bolt. Without those, the comparisons are easier to make.

That's a fair point, prodigy. Never thought of it that way. I would counter by saying that for most, but not all, of its history, the Gatorade bolt has been accompanied by either the word "Gatorade" in the middle or in front of the "G" that they use now.

Another new uniform and another thread that is chock full of complaints. I really have no idea what kind of jersey would satisfy you guys.

Its fine. They're the Lightning, their logo is a fvcking lightning bolt. What do ya want lol? I like 'em.

Definitely. I think these jerseys are great. I think the simple design of the jersey looks nice and the logo is awesome, especially because it's a symbol and not a cartoonish drawing, not another team name in a circle, not a big letter, and doesn't have the name or location of the name spelled out in it...it's just a nice clean symbol.

Edited by devilsfan26