Season ticket renewals for next year

Satans Hockey

Apparently some sections went up in price and some have gone down. I'm curious to see what mine are going to be. Seems like an awful decision to raise the prices considering the on ice product for the last 3 seasons.

Are you guys going to be renewing or not? I'll be renewing mine either way.

Mine went up I think from $27 to $30 but that doesn't include the taxable prices which were witheld last year.

I think they'll probably be able to get away with gouging next year cause everyone and their grandmother will want to be at the Marty retirement ceremony...but it's a dangerous game to play.

Are you seeing a price breakdown somewhere?

I'm looking in my STH Locker Room acct., and it just says "total invoice amount."

Someone on HF did a similar breakdown.  In reality my invoice is more like $32.50 per game, but looking at my online invoice last year I noticed it had the taxable amount even though I didn't pay that in mail so I figured the 'ticket price' was a little lower.

Uh, yeah. Mine went up more than 20%. That seems kind of nutty to me. I don't know; I'm going to have to think about this.

this just seems completely unacceptable.. the team is going to miss the playoffs this year for the third straight season so lets raise the sth prices dramatically when we already have an issue getting people into the building. If this is the route that they are going to go i bet you see alot of people dump their season tickets.. i was recently speaking to someone who has 4 season tickets for his family has had them for years, he was telling me that they were at a game one night and they gave him a seat upgrade to move down to the lower level.. but they would only upgrade 2 of his seats... this is wrong, you pay for 4 season tickets every year but then they only give you the upgrade for 2? So only half of the family got to go sit down stairs LOL Some things that this organization does just seems like a joke

My season tickets went up 17.5%. I'd really like to know what the fvck they're thinking right now. Look at stubhub tickets for tonight and tell me what incentive there is to be a season ticket holder right now? Tickets in my section are going for 50% less than my STH face value as is. You'd think they'd want to keep as many STHs as they can right now after 3 awful seasons. These guys are absolutely clueless. 

My season tickets went up 17.5%. I'd really like to know what the fvck they're thinking right now. Look at stubhub tickets for tonight and tell me what incentive there is to be a season ticket holder right now? Tickets in my section are going for 50% less than my STH face value as is. You'd think they'd want to keep as many STHs as they can right now after 3 awful seasons. These guys are absolutely clueless. 

This couldn't be worse timing for them lol...and their artificial floor on TicketExchange is a joke too.  My 'sth face value' for tonight's game is lower than you're allowed to sell tickets for.

And yet they'll probably get away with it given attendance has somehow stayed strong this year AND they have the unspoken carrot of Marty's jersey retirement next year.

Edited by NJDevs4978

This couldn't be worse timing for them lol...and their artificial floor on TicketExchange is a joke too.  My 'sth face value' for tonight's game is lower than you're allowed to sell tickets for.

And yet they'll probably get away with it given attendance has somehow stayed strong this year AND they have the unspoken carrot of Marty's jersey retirement next year.

Holy crap there's so many empty seats tonight I don't think they could give them all away. Very curious to know why they feel the need to drive up their most loyal fans costs for their season tickets, besides because they can.

courtesy of Mike Ashmore who is covering the game. 

B89bjFIIcAEH1Ax.jpg

Edited by titans04

Apparently my tickets went down 1 dollar total, not per game but total for the season lol

where are your tickets located? I wonder why they are raising certain seats dramatically and they are lowering prices on others? I have to guess that your seats are in the lower level?

Holy crap there's so many empty seats tonight I don't think they could give them all away. Very curious to know why they feel the need to drive up their most loyal fans costs for their season tickets, besides because they can.

courtesy of Mike Ashmore who is covering the game.

B89bjFIIcAEH1Ax.jpg

Jesus that place is EMPTY!

I could not fathom why they would be raising prices for next Year. Makes absolutely zero sense

Yeah I've never even considered getting season tickets because of this reason. Honestly most games are going to be way cheaper to buy on stub hub than STH prices. Not to mention I couldn't even fathom having the free time to go to 41 games a year. I appreciate people who buy season tickets just to support the team. But I seriously feel like you have to be a real sucker to buy them. The product just doesn't translate to the price.

this just seems completely unacceptable.. 

Tell me about it. I went back through my old invoices to take a look at exactly how unacceptable it is.

The first time we bought a full season was 2011/12.

In 2012/13, the increase was exactly $1

For 2013/14, they went up by $88

For this season, the increase was $31

For next season, they're looking for another $563

That's pretty ridiculous.

I love our seat location, and all the STH friends we've made in our section, and I'm really proud to support the team with my hard-earned $$, even though the on-ice product is pretty poor at the moment. But I'm pretty sure we won't be renewing unless we can find someone who wants to split the package with us. Pretty bummed....

Edited by Brick Pig

Yeah I've never even considered getting season tickets because of this reason. Honestly most games are going to be way cheaper to buy on stub hub than STH prices. Not to mention I couldn't even fathom having the free time to go to 41 games a year. I appreciate people who buy season tickets just to support the team. But I seriously feel like you have to be a real sucker to buy them. The product just doesn't translate to the price.

See, it was just easier to get the seasons the past few years because I work mornings and am always out by 4 or 5. I actually make it to like 30-35 games a year so it really sucks to get fvcked like this for being loyal during such a terrible stretch of history. I enjoy going to the events and I love my seats but I just can't imagine paying this much more per seat to watch a team that has been a chore to watch for the better part of the last few years.

Edited by PWW

I haven't seen my ST renewal package yet, but, for them to raise prices significantly when this team is so bad, and not very fun to watch, shows how out if touch the people running the business side are. I will probably keep my seats, but it will make me think long and hard before I do if they jack my seats the way others have described.

Holy crap there's so many empty seats tonight I don't think they could give them all away.

I think the icy conditions are still a factor. My buddy sits next to me, he's there for every game but didn't show last night. Actually half of my row, who have been there for every game this and last season, didn't show up. I think people got out of work, saw how the roads were, and just went home.

Generally speaking, our attendance has been pretty damn good this year all things considering, relatively speaking.

Edited by DJ Eco

I haven't seen my ST renewal package yet, but, for them to raise prices significantly when this team is so bad, and not very fun to watch, shows how out if touch the people running the business side are. I will probably keep my seats, but it will make me think long and hard before I do if they jack my seats the way others have described.

I can't speak for everyone, but my prices went down last year something like $4-5 per game. My prices for next season only went back up about $2 per game, so I'm not really complaining, still less than a couple years ago.

Personally speaking, it gives me something to do during the Winter months. And if they're in a good position in the Spring, even better. Luckily, a bad season doesn't carry through past April, when I actually go out, make plans, have less free time. 

I don't know, just speaking for myself, but for the price they are, it's still a no-brainer for a single 25-35 y/o guy who works in Lower Manhattan. I understand why some people are frustrated at the price hikes, people with familes and people who have to really go out of their way to get to games, but I'm probably renewing. 

I haven't seen my ST renewal package yet....

Well, despite the fact that the "Save the Date" email we got last week, I did not get any notification from my ticket agent yesterday. I just happened to read the first post in this thread and then I logged into my "STH Locker Room" account. The invoice is there.