53 replies to this topic

#21 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,160 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

What a shocker, a Mark Sanchez fumble ends the game.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#22 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

Sanchez, you blow.

#23 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

Typical Sanchez, fitting ending I guess.

Moral victories ain't getting you very far when you don't get actual wins. Especially with the Jets playing as hard as they did against Houston and New England and not being rewarded for it, that wears on you.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#24 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,938 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

Just don't get the 3rd and 1 at the 2 and going shotgun spread. You have Tebow and Greene who are unstoppable. Why are you possibly calling anything else?

That was the worst play call of the year bar none.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#25 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,102 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

Thank God Brady & Co. was able to do just enough to overcome The Genius' defective D. Doesn't matter who the QB is, he never EVER seems to have trouble moving the ball against The Genius' awesome gameplanning.

Jets made more mistakes and didn't execute at some crucial times (like the wide-open drop that led to a FG)...only reason they lost. I don't think I've ever been more disgusted at the end of a win than I am right now. If I'm a Jet fan I'm beside myself.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 21 October 2012 - 07:09 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#26 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Just don't get the 3rd and 1 at the 2 and going shotgun spread. You have Tebow and Greene who are unstoppable. Why are you possibly calling anything else?

TERRIBLE. I agree 100%.

#27 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

I wouldn't make that call if I was playing a video game, that's how hideous it was. And the other thing about Tebow that's mind-boggling, they NEVER have him run the ball from under center, it's always from the shotgun formation. That play you could have absolutely had him run a sneak. Or run Greene when he was hot.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#28 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

Thank God Brady & Co. was able to do just enough to overcome The Genius' defective D. Doesn't matter who the QB is, he never EVER seems to have trouble moving the ball against The Genius' awesome gameplanning.

Jets made more mistakes and didn't execute at some crucial times (like the wide-open drop that led to a FG)...only reason they lost. I don't think I've ever been more disgusted at the end of a win than I am right now. If I'm a Jet fan I'm beside myself.

Can you tell how disgusted I am?! LOL!

The Patriots were terrible in that fourth quarter. They let Mark Sanchez go 93 yards on them, went three-and-out right afterward, then went on to fumble a kickoff. They freaking gave that game away, and the Jets said, "no thanks."

#29 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,102 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

TERRIBLE. I agree 100%.

Two very flawed football teams, from top-to-bottom, played each other today. The Pats may be 4-3 and may have only lost their three games by four points, but this is NOT a good football team right now. They have one big saving grace: two of their three losses are against the NFC. That gives them a 4-1 AFC record and a 2-0 division record. But they have some serious issues right now, and I don't see them going away anytime soon.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#30 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Jets made more mistakes and didn't execute at some crucial times

This too. Too many good plays taken away by penalties (though once or twice, the foul made the play happen) and too many drops or balls not thrown well (or at all) to open receivers. The Pats had some mistakes (fumbled kick-off being most obvious) and committed a lot of fouls in their secondary, but not nearly the level mistake-itude of our Jets. Argh!
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#31 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,940 posts

The Stephen Hill drop was awful too...at the very least the Pats would have had to use all their timeouts if they get that first down, and the Jets would have had another chance to stick it in the endzone. I knew anything short of a TD would kill us there.

#32 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

There isn't a SINGLE ONE good team in the entire AFC.....guess that can just make you angrier I guess....but the whole AFC is a disaster right now.....
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#33 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,102 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

Can you tell how disgusted I am?! LOL!

The Patriots were terrible in that fourth quarter. They let Mark Sanchez go 93 yards on them, went three-and-out right afterward, then went on to fumble a kickoff. They freaking gave that game away, and the Jets said, "no thanks."

Everytime I see BB on my TV these days, I say "duuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh". He has done a TERRIBLE job coaching this season, and the complete lack of defensive gameplanning and his getting outcoached is getting harder and harder to take with every embarrassing defensive performance. I can't say it enough, Brady has bailed him out so many times in the last few seasons...and it feels like BB is somehow OK with that...hey, my D sucks and I have no answers on how to improve it but that's OK, I have Tom, he'll make it all better. It's so friggin' maddening...

#30 FOREVER!

#34 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

There isn't a SINGLE ONE good team in the entire AFC.....guess that can just make you angrier I guess....but the whole AFC is a disaster right now.....

I believe in the Texans. I think that's a real team. That's it though.

I've had it with the Jets. I'm going to bars on Sundays to watch RG3 from now on.

#35 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

What a shocker, a Mark Sanchez fumble ends the game.

Sanchez played a great game with virtually no help. Your blaming him for people not blocking for him. BIggest play of the game and he gets hit by two guys!!!!
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#36 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,102 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

The Pats are officially not a good team after today. Way too many glaring issues.

#30 FOREVER!

#37 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

I believe in the Texans. I think that's a real team. That's it though.

I've had it with the Jets. I'm going to bars on Sundays to watch RG3 from now on.

Not fully convinced with Andre Johnson being awful and no one else at WR that they have the weapons to come from behind if they need to....they're the AFC answer to the 49ers....that worries me, if say NE goes up 10-14 on them it's gonna get ugly.....
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#38 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

Everytime I see BB on my TV these days, I say "duuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh". He has done a TERRIBLE job coaching this season, and the complete lack of defensive gameplanning and his getting outcoached is getting harder and harder to take with every embarrassing defensive performance. I can't say it enough, Brady has bailed him out so many times in the last few seasons...and it feels like BB is somehow OK with that...hey, my D sucks and I have no answers on how to improve it but that's OK, I have Tom, he'll make it all better. It's so friggin' maddening...

You're right, but don't forget to kill Brady and the offense. That three-and-out after the Jets' long drive was pretty darn awful.

#39 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,102 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

Sanchez played a great game with virtually no help. Your blaming him for people not blocking for him. BIggest play of the game and he gets hit by two guys!!!!

Major disclaimer: EVERY QB looks great against The Genius' D these days. Wide-open bodies EVERYWHERE. Pats have to pray that teams beat themselves these days.

#30 FOREVER!

#40 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

That was practically a coverage sack. Awful play by Sanchez. How about him taking a sack to make Folk's field goal try 10 yards longer? So freakin stupid. You want him, you can have him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users