Golf.

TrentonDevils

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Broke 100 (barely-99) yesterday at Skyview up in Sparta... for those in the area, check out that course if you haven't already. Very nice and pretty challenging.

I was looking at the course and saw the Lake mohawk golf club nearby.. is that public do you know? I will have to check out Skyview on my next day off.. thanks for the heads up.

edit: I just googled Mohawk and saw that it is private.

Edited by Guest

OK, golf fans, time to make you jealous. Just made reservations to play Pinehurst #2 for cart fee only the 26-27th of this month (why not get my butt kicked twice). To this point the best course I've probably played is the Ocean Course in Kiawah, this will top it. I plan on teating up places in the rough where people have never been!

Shot an 83 last Friday at Westlake. It's in a retirement community, and I only played it at around 6,000......but the course itself was beautiful for a retirement course.

Three putted three holes on the back.......

three putts suck... were the greens hard to read?

OK, golf fans, time to make you jealous. Just made reservations to play Pinehurst #2 for cart fee only the 26-27th of this month (why not get my butt kicked twice). To this point the best course I've probably played is the Ocean Course in Kiawah, this will top it. I plan on teating up places in the rough where people have never been!

[/quote

Sweet... got room for another? lol We played in myrtle beach this past march.. then phoenix and tucson in june. Two weekends ago we went and saw the pros play for the first time over at Liberty National..for a measly $500,000 even "we" can be members there..lol

three putts suck... were the greens hard to read?

Nah.....just struggled on the back.....

Two weekends ago we went and saw the pros play for the first time over at Liberty National..for a measly $500,000 even "we" can be members there..lol

Had freebies for both weekend days and had to turn 'em down 'cause of travel soccer !

Public? Thought #2 was private?

Doctor day off?

Anyone can play #2, you just have to be staying at the resort to get better fees. I did some discounted work on alot of people at a local deli, turns out one of them moved onto be an assistant pro at one of the courses there and she invited the owner and me to each bring a guest. I'm taking my biggest referral... and two days off. I've played some really nice courses but I can't justify paying the 3-400 it takes to get on some of these courses, I can stomach the $25 cart fee!

If anyone wants a shirt or anything, just PM me.

I was looking at the course and saw the Lake mohawk golf club nearby.. is that public do you know? I will have to check out Skyview on my next day off.. thanks for the heads up.

edit: I just googled Mohawk and saw that it is private.

It's called Skyview for a reason too- great views, especially on the 4th. It's a par 5, 552 yarder that forces you to lay up your second shot to a fairway-like area with a bunker... you then have to hit your 3rd shot over a bed of rocks about 100-150 down this drop to the green. The view is spectacular... I took a 7 on it though. It's tough.

That's fantastic bro, and I am jealous :lol: ! Please post a recap afterwards! Have a great time!

Edited by MadDog2020

It's called Skyview for a reason too- great views, especially on the 4th. It's a par 5, 552 yarder that forces you to lay up your second shot to a fairway-like area with a bunker... you then have to hit your 3rd shot over a bed of rocks about 100-150 down this drop to the green. The view is spectacular... I took a 7 on it though. It's tough.

I'm always looking to play new courses and Skyview sounds good and the prices are about right too.

oh, I meant to ask you.. what do the cart girls look like? lol

When I played there a couple of weeks ago, I saw a pretty hot chick that worked there, but they don't really have any snack carts... there's a stand in between I think the 2nd and 3rd holes to get food. The woman who was working there on Monday was older and didn't speak much english. :P

I played Pebble Beach back in July, and it was the first time I've ever been physically exhausted after a round of golf. I couldn't imagine that two days in a row.

The important thing is to try to enjoy the course in spite of the beating it's giving you.

I played Pebble Beach back in July, and it was the first time I've ever been physically exhausted after a round of golf. I couldn't imagine that two days in a row.

The important thing is to try to enjoy the course in spite of the beating it's giving you.

Two questions about Pebble Beach:

1). How awesome was it? Ridiculously awesome or just plain old awesome?

2). How much is it to play a round there now? I heard it was up to about $500.

Two questions about Pebble Beach:

1). How awesome was it? Ridiculously awesome or just plain old awesome?

2). How much is it to play a round there now? I heard it was up to about $500.

Ridiculously awesome. The weather was perfect, 74 degrees and sunny. The scenery alone qualifies as awesome. The course was hard as hell, but still playable by different skill levels. I had lots of irons into greens, so it wasn't like it was unfairly long or anything. It was cool playing all those holes I'd seen a million times on TV (and in Tiger Woods for Playstation). By far the best course I have ever played, and frighteningly, worth the money.

If I ever get a chance to play it again, I'm getting a caddy. It's cart path only, which makes for some long walks. And there are some blind shots where advice and a spotter would have been very helpful.

Greens fee plus a cart was $530.

Edited by mddevsfan

I agree; I've walked Pinehurst for the Open and played in the town a dozen times, never played one of the Pinehurst resort courses because they are just silly expensive. Glad we are playing twice, first day I'll just enjoy the course, second day I'll probably be more aggressive and spend less time gawking. Think we hired two caddies to just walk with us and tell us about the course, read the greens, laugh at us. I'm jealous you got to Pebble, I saw it when I was out there about 10 years ago but haven't played... but I will. Some things are worth the ludicrous price.

Ridiculously awesome. The weather was perfect, 74 degrees and sunny. The scenery alone qualifies as awesome. The course was hard as hell, but still playable by different skill levels. I had lots of irons into greens, so it wasn't like it was unfairly long or anything. It was cool playing all those holes I'd seen a million times on TV (and in Tiger Woods for Playstation). By far the best course I have ever played, and frighteningly, worth the money.

If I ever get a chance to play it again, I'm getting a caddy. It's cart path only, which makes for some long walks. And there are some blind shots where advice and a spotter would have been very helpful.

Greens fee plus a cart was $530.

Before I die, I WILL play Pebble Beach. It's on my bucket list. Glad you had fun bro!

Edited by MadDog2020

• 2 weeks later...